Has anybody read Ramana Maharshi

I have heard someone talking about this literature here . Please give your feedback as a Sikh if it's worth reading? I mean close to our school of thought. I came across this in another forum and found it interesting- pasting as it is from Quora. Pls suggest if I should go about reading this further

Thanks

Sat Sri Akal

My favorite meditation is doing nothing at all.

This is the meditation of absolute stillness.

The technique?

Sit quietly.

Don’t do anything.

Don’t try to make anything different than it is.

We’re so used to doing that it doesn’t seem like we know how to stop.

Well-meaning people say:

“Follow your breath.

Be mindful of sensations.”

The doer now has a serious job it can do well or mess up.

People used to ask Ramana Maharshi what they should do to get enlightened.

He’d tell them they should reject the notion that they’re not enlightened already.

“How do we do that?” they’d ask.

“Look for the one who seeks enlightenment,” he’d say.

They looked diligently for the seeker, but couldn’t find him.

Ramana would then say: “Abide in that state.”

You look for the obstruction, but you can’t find it.

You can’t find whatever is holding you back because it doesn’t exist.

We’re always one thought away from stillness and peace.

“I have to find stillness and peace,” is that thought.

Let it go, and you will see you’re already there.

• 2 years later...
Guest Anoop

Ramana Maharshis teachings are pointing to the exact same thing as the teachings of Guroo Nanak Dev Jee Maharaj. Many a times the first are echoing the latter so accuratly that it gives me goosebumps. Guroo Nanak's Guroo was Shabad, which has existed at all times in all places, and thus has been and is accecable to people from every cast, creed and corner of the world. Guroo and Shabad is not exclusive to Sikhs. 

5 hours ago, Guest Anoop said:

Ramana Maharshis teachings are pointing to the exact same thing as the teachings of Guroo Nanak Dev Jee Maharaj. Many a times the first are echoing the latter so accuratly that it gives me goosebumps. Guroo Nanak's Guroo was Shabad, which has existed at all times in all places, and thus has been and is accecable to people from every cast, creed and corner of the world. Guroo and Shabad is not exclusive to Sikhs. 

Most things converge at the truth in a way that overlaps. There are usually distinctions. If there is no distinction, and no correction in Gurbani, that group is on their Paath, agreed. 

Like for example, despite differences even, buddhists are left largely unscathed by Guru Granth Sahib Ji, because if they are successful in their persuit, they will find themself in a place to understand Gurmat later. 

In my opinion. 

But usually Sikhi has a distinction, even if we don't limit the other with it. 

5 hours ago, Guest Anoop said:

A lot of things in Tamil have legitimate roots.