Sikhawareness upgrades, love your feedback

sarabatam

Yes I have a few, if you would take them Please

We should have buttons to block, report someone. 

There should be more reactions other than like and thanks for instance love and dislike etc. 

Third we should be notified that so and so liked/ loved/ disliked ur stuff and so on

You should allow only one status update a day to avoid clutter, also limit the number of posts a day or something like that. 

Positions on the profile should be according to the likes/ loves one receive on their content not the  number of contents.

That's it for now... Will keep on adding more as they come to my mind.

Definitely look at redesigning the layout.

I think the button links on the top that include Nanak Naam and sikhi in snippets, they need to stand out a bit more - maybe change the colours of the buttons slightly so they are more visible.

Also the number of sections or Forums could be overwhelming for some, so maybe make this front section more compact so they can be viewed more easily.

Also when we are scrolling through a thread, I think we can make this section more compact. Although being wide allows more information per line, I really think it will be a good idea to compact the comment section, it will look more clean instead of long lines going across. Also will allow it to be easier to scroll down the page, and just allows easier reading.

People will be using smartphones more to access content these days, especially the youth and also sikhs in India, so it is very important to look at the mobile interface.

So I looked at the mobile layout.As soon as I scroll down to Forums section the colours are very light so makes it difficult for anything to stand out. The colours and font are different to the desktop site, that is why it doesn't stand out as much.

Still in mobile layout, I think the font in threads is too faint. I was looking at websites like Facebook and Reddit to see how the fonts are more readable on mobile, so maybe use some similar fonts to those.

Also, I think it's a very good idea to have a mobile app for the site, it can just be a wrapper which allows you to view the site inside a browser in the app. Anyone could probably do this actually.

Also I think we need a way to share topics and threads to social media like Facebook, Twitter and Reddit, by having a button available. Also for the pictures section a way to maybe share to Instagram and other social media.

Neo, I like that there are many sections and sub-sections to this forum. It kind of divides everything up neatly. I do think that a separate sub-section be made for Sri CharitroPakhyan Granth research in Dasam Granth section as it takes up a lot of the forum.

It's a shame that progress on Sri CharitroPakhyan Granth has come to an almost standstill. When Paapiman was here, there were two of us to keep things going but he has disappeared for almost 2 years now. I just got some things going on with family and such that doesn't give me much time any more. I hope that by the end of this year we might get to charitar 200. That would be a really impressive step the way we are going.

On 8/2/2020 at 4:05 PM, chatanga1 said:

Neo, I like that there are many sections and sub-sections to this forum. It kind of divides everything up neatly. I do think that a separate sub-section be made for Sri CharitroPakhyan Granth research in Dasam Granth section as it takes up a lot of the forum.

It's a shame that progress on Sri CharitroPakhyan Granth has come to an almost standstill. When Paapiman was here, there were two of us to keep things going but he has disappeared for almost 2 years now. I just got some things going on with family and such that doesn't give me much time any more. I hope that by the end of this year we might get to charitar 200. That would be a really impressive step the way we are going.

Gurfateh veer, how are you doing? How close are you in panthic circle in india ? I need to promote our sikhawareness.com bit more.. i will have some funding for this very soon..any ideas? Send me private message.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 3:52 PM, sarabatam said:

Hello, we just upgraded the new version and new back ground. We really like it. Please let us know other tweaks when you browse. We still need to work on tablet configuration.

It looks really good. Apologires for not having visited for some time.

On 8/8/2020 at 7:13 PM, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji we should contact our sikh media channels based in the uk midlands. Also contact youtube groups such as nanak naam and basics of sikhi to raise more awareness of this great site. Could distrubute leaflets flyers of the website at gurdwaras,nagar kirtans etc. Also a facebook,instagram page should be made as well or at least think of how and what to post on there etc.

I think people naturally find this site as they’re meant to at the moment. I like how there’s basically no rif raf or emotionally abusive people on here. Extremely rare, esp compared to some sites like sikh Sangat where some of the people are really rude and awful

20 hours ago, Sikhilove said:

I think people naturally find this site as they’re meant to at the moment. I like how there’s basically no rif raf or emotionally abusive people on here. Extremely rare, esp compared to some sites like sikh Sangat where some of the people are really rude and awful

Bhen ji i totally agree with you about about how this site is found. You are 100% correct the users and posts on sikh sangat page is really horrible as i viewed the page as a vistor and am glad not to be a member on there as there is so much negativity on that site.

On 7/25/2020 at 6:54 AM, sarabatam said:

Gurfateh all, 

Sikhawareness.com will get some upgrades soon in few months. We will hire our sikh IT to make that happen. I am opening this thread for new ideas from sangat.

Looks good.  More refreshing with a warmer welcome. 

Well done.

I see a lovely looking interface-screen (with the sky images) when the browser doesn't seem to automatically remember my password. After I login I get the same old flat blue format. Is this normal?