Benefits of Cold Showers

Guest Paapiman

On 2/4/2021 at 3:44 PM, sevak said:

For cold water. To get the benefits, temperature of water must be less than 15C, ideal is around 10C and less. Normally beginners start at around 22C. Gradually the temperature should be reduced over a course of few weeks.

What do you base this on ? 

And how exactly are you measuring the temperature, lol

5 hours ago, paapiman said:

Maharaaj probably did not specify the temperature, but the water must be cold. Obviously, exceptions to the rule apply, especially for health reasons..

Bhul chuk maaf

Is your central heating on in the house already including bathroom when you shower ? You are in Ontario, so probably much colder than in London

3 hours ago, Premi said:

Is your central heating on in the house already including bathroom when you shower ? You are in Ontario, so probably much colder than in London

Yes, we have vents in the washrooms. How is it in the UK?

This year, the weather has been amazing here in Brampton area. Recently, it probably reached close to-35 C (with Windchill). The water from the tap is so cold. It is so much fun to wash the face, hands and feet with it. How is it in the London area this year?

Bhul chuk maaf

3 minutes ago, paapiman said:

How is it in the London area this year?

Miserable and cold as f**k! lol

Don't know how you canucks do it myself! 

Even the cat's like 'f**k this, I'll stay indoors!'. 

3 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Come on bro. There was a White Canadian leader, who probably said something like - Sikhs were not suitable to live in cold conditions of Canada.

Gurparsaad, we need to show these types of people that we can thrive, survive and fight battles in icy cold weather conditions. Sikh warriors can fight wars anywhere (Plains, Mountains, Deserts, Rivers, Oceans, near the Poles, etc) and in any weather conditions (icy cold, cold, hot, humid, etc).

Bhul chuk maaf

Just now, paapiman said:

Come on bro. There was a White Canadian leader, who probably said something like - Sikhs were not suitable to live in cold conditions of Canada.

Gurparsaad, we need to show these types of people that we can thrive, survive and fight battles in icy cold weather conditions. Sikh warriors can fight wars anywhere (Plains, Mountains, Deserts, Rivers, Oceans, near the Poles, etc) and in any weather conditions (icy cold, cold, hot, humid, etc).

Bhul chuk maaf

Did you see Sardar Udham? In the cold in Russia and that! 

30 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Nah Paaji, Daas does not have Netflix.

Bhul chuk maaf

Do you have Amazon? It's on there. Free on Prime.  

26 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Do you mean Amazon TV? Is that similar to Netflix?

Bhul chuk maaf

Yeah, it comes with Amazon Prime. Also, I think you can pay to view Sardar Udham on normal Amazon as a one off too. 

Definitely watch it. 

On 1/23/2022 at 8:27 AM, dalsingh101 said:

@Premi @GurjantGnostic

Lovely weather about to hit us.

Extreme Cold Warnings Are Hitting Parts Of Ontario Today & It Could Dip Down To -45 C (msn.com)

Bhul chuk maaf

6 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Hot water bottles sure are nice. I have a tiny space heater too just 120w, that I can point into my bedroll. 

If the power goes out you can stay warm with a candle under a blanket and sleep in the middle of the house with as many insulated spaces between you and outside as possible. 

Those prayer candles are cheap and come in a fairly safe glass tube. 

Have water in jugs in case the pipes freeze and if you own your own house wrap them pipes. 

• 3 weeks later...