Re-Taking Amrit

singh1981

Sadh Sangat Ji,

I don't know what to go into much details, as I am ashamed that I am even writing this. But I want to know what the opinion of the sangat is. Fast forwarding into history. I took Amrit in the early 2000s, later I ate a samosa which had meat in it, possibly halal meat as I was living in a muslim country. I ate it accidentally, thinking that a kurait is already committed I started eating meat.

Moreover, since I was living in a muslim country, I became lax on keeping my kirpan bcoz of all the security hotel, check points that I had to pass through. Eventually frustrated I re-took amrit, but then again ate meat thinking that it is a controversial subject and there is no evidence in Gurmat. After this I got married to a non-amritdhari girl. I again became lazy on keeping my rehat due to sangat. I then moved to Canada and re-took amrit, however as I was working and lack of sangat I did a major mistake cut my beard. This happened several years ago. 

Now, this year I suddenly contracted a disease in my body. I came to realize that this disease is caused due to my forgetting of God. Now for several months I have been keeping amrit vela, keeping nitnem and listening to extra banis and extra simran. I want to take amrit and get back into the panth. I hope Guru can forgive me and give me one more chance in this Sikhi school so that I can pass out in my life or maybe perhaps now I am destined to nark or hell. Is there any hope infant of me? I dont want to give full detailed story to panj, as i am ashamed of myself and fear that they will refuse amrit to me. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/4/2021 at 6:08 PM, singh1981 said:

Sadh Sangat Ji,

I don't know what to go into much details, as I am ashamed that I am even writing this. But I want to know what the opinion of the sangat is. Fast forwarding into history. I took Amrit in the early 2000s, later I ate a samosa which had meat in it, possibly halal meat as I was living in a muslim country. I ate it accidentally, thinking that a kurait is already committed I started eating meat.

Moreover, since I was living in a muslim country, I became lax on keeping my kirpan bcoz of all the security hotel, check points that I had to pass through. Eventually frustrated I re-took amrit, but then again ate meat thinking that it is a controversial subject and there is no evidence in Gurmat. After this I got married to a non-amritdhari girl. I again became lazy on keeping my rehat due to sangat. I then moved to Canada and re-took amrit, however as I was working and lack of sangat I did a major mistake cut my beard. This happened several years ago. 

Now, this year I suddenly contracted a disease in my body. I came to realize that this disease is caused due to my forgetting of God. Now for several months I have been keeping amrit vela, keeping nitnem and listening to extra banis and extra simran. I want to take amrit and get back into the panth. I hope Guru can forgive me and give me one more chance in this Sikhi school so that I can pass out in my life or maybe perhaps now I am destined to nark or hell. Is there any hope infant of me? I dont want to give full detailed story to panj, as i am ashamed of myself and fear that they will refuse amrit to me. 

Please go for Peshi and explain your full detailed story to the Panj Pyare.

They will probably forgive you and give you Amrit.

Do you know of any Gurmukh Mahapurakh?

Bhul chuk maaf

Sadh Sangat Ji,

Also, please calm down bro. You haven't committed huge sins (Bajjar Paaps).

• Your first mistake was accidental.
  • Your second mistake (not keeping Kirpan) was also understandable.
  • Consumption of Halal/Kosher meat is a cardinal sin in Gurmat. So, if you did not eat that (after your Peshi), then you do not need to worry too much about it.
  • Did you cut your Kesh (Hair on the head)? If not, what you did (cut your beard) was still a cardinal sin (Bajjar Kurehat), but you don't need to be extremely ashamed of yourself.

Bhul chuk maaf

Sadh Sangat Ji,

Please make sure this time (after your Peshi is done), to not repeat any previous mistakes again.

Bhul chuk maaf