Have I wasted all my life - feeling extreme sorrow, remorseful and stress

Read a katha somewhere where mahaan brahmgyanis saying that old age is full of illness and young age is the age for meditation and bhakti. I feel I have spent my entire youth in worldly career pursuits and did not spend any time on meditation / bhakti. Now, I feel my entire life has been wasted, bcoz in my early 20s I had extreme passion for bhakti but then due to worldly career pressure I did not pursue. I am now well into my 40s... does this mean by boat has now sailed away and I cannot do the intense bhakti anymore. Can I get udhaar in this lifetime?

Please don't try to give positive answer and try to encourage me. Please give me REAL TRUTHFUL answer, even if it is negative . ..I wanna hear it. 

Just a few points.

Each breath without His remembrance is a waste.

As long as one has breaths, one has still time to reverse our direction and go towards Him with humility, love and utter devotion.

Do not look back from the mirror of your mind, rather look forward the broad wide horizons which awaits you to meet your goal with the aid of Guru Jee, for if you hold His hand, no matter how much fallen one maybe, but with His mighty arm, He will surely pull us out, that is His mahaantaa.

We should always be positive and hopeful, and leave not even a byte for negativity.

This is the truth.

Why do you want to hear negative comments?

Which may drag you even farther from your objective.

Take a few steps towards Him, and He is such a loving Father, that, He will come running to pull you out, provided our love and devotion are sincere.

That's it.

God bless you.

7 minutes ago, SunnySingh said:

Why do you want to hear negative comments?

Which may drag you even farther from your objective.

Thanks for your overall positive message. However, I have heard from many Sants, Brahmgyanis and that extreme bhakti is only possible in youth. In old age the body does not have enough energy to do bhakti. I am now in my 40s. In my 20s I could sit for 2.5 hours in a posture. Now, I cannot sit for more than 1 hour and my legs start hurting. 

Also there is a shabad by Bhagat Kabir in SGGS about the same subject. 

What do you think, do I have a chance in my 40s?

5 minutes ago, singh1981 said:

Thanks for your overall positive message. However, I have heard from many Sants, Brahmgyanis and that extreme bhakti is only possible in youth. In old age the body does not have enough energy to do bhakti. I am now in my 40s. In my 20s I could sit for 2.5 hours in a posture. Now, I cannot sit for more than 1 hour and my legs start hurting. 

Also there is a shabad by Bhagat Kabir in SGGS about the same subject. 

What do you think, do I have a chance in my 40s?

Veer ji all that dass can say is to as much simram, paath as you can as looking at your thread its got some really hard hitting points you have made. I myself is bit younger than you and you can private message me if you want

In my early 20s I could sit in one asana from 2.5 - 3 hours motionless. I had reached a state where no thought existed, time use to stop, breath use to stop for a couple seconds. I dont know what it was. But it was like Sunn. Then I married, kids and for 20 years I was engaged in worldly activities. Now I can hardly sit motionless for 1 hour. I lost all the kamaiye. 

Just be aware that for one engaging in His bhakti, is more a pull from His side than any of our biggest efforts, thus if He himself pulls us, which power or who can stop us? 

So please do not let your mind get you confused, for the jahaaz of His Naam which will ferry us across, has nothing to do with age, gender, nationality or anything alike, but just to sit comfortably and let the pilot of Guru Jee take us across.

Why are you worried of old age? What guarantee is that you will reach there?

In your hands you only have today and now, so make the most of it.

He has given us 24 hours in a day, just keep balance, give the world its time, but also save time for our heavenly Father Akal Purukh and establish a tight relationship with Him, based on love, faith and devotion.

So deifinetely, now you do have all the chances to meet Him,  try and make the most in them.

SSA.

1 minute ago, SunnySingh said:

Just be aware that for one engaging in His bhakti, is more a pull from His side than any of our biggest efforts, thus if He himself pulls us, which power or who can stop us? 

So please do not let your mind get you confused, for the jahaaz of His Naam which will ferry us across, has nothing to do with age, gender, nationality or anything alike, but just to sit comfortably and let the pilot of Guru Jee take us across.

Why are you worried of old age? What guarantee is that you will reach there?

In your hands you only have today and now, so make the most of it.

He has given us 24 hours in a day, just keep balance, give the world its time, but also save time for our heavenly Father Akal Purukh and establish a tight relationship with Him, based on love, faith and devotion.

So deifinetely, now you do have all the chances to meet Him,  try and make the most in them.

SSA.

Thanks once again for the positivity. Do you live in a western country? I am asking this because I am living in one. Do you think brahmgyaan is possible in western country or should I leave back to India. I feel that in India there are more Gurudwaras, more sangat, more brahmgyanis you can visit and hence the opportunities are plenty.

He is omnipresent, so physical or geographical locations have no value, your inner being is His real temple where you can find Him for sure.

A Brahmgyani, is also His form as seen in Sukhmani Sahib.

Unlike we humans, They do not need to be close to us to give their blessings. Wherever one is and sincerely pray to Him, He himself will make us meet Them.

Meanwhile continue with your daily practices of meditating on Him, He will pull and put you on the right tracks.

Your kamaee can never be lost, for as the Bani says: no thief can steal it, water drown it or fire burn it, it is only that you have forgotten its practice, so now you have to learn to walk again, so that you become a good athelete.

Do not analyze much yourself, just submit yourself to His will and completely merge your surtee in His holy Name, only that much you have to do.

The world, the mind will try to discourage you, but, you tightly hold on His Name.

SSA.

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2021 at 5:08 PM, singh1981 said:

Read a katha somewhere where mahaan brahmgyanis saying that old age is full of illness and young age is the age for meditation and bhakti. I feel I have spent my entire youth in worldly career pursuits and did not spend any time on meditation / bhakti. Now, I feel my entire life has been wasted, bcoz in my early 20s I had extreme passion for bhakti but then due to worldly career pressure I did not pursue. I am now well into my 40s... does this mean by boat has now sailed away and I cannot do the intense bhakti anymore. Can I get udhaar in this lifetime?

Please don't try to give positive answer and try to encourage me. Please give me REAL TRUTHFUL answer, even if it is negative . ..I wanna hear it. 

Calm down Singh saab. You are in your 40's, not in your 80's.

You can possibly do sava lakh jaap of a Gurbani Mantar in around 3 months, if you spend 2-3 hrs daily on that jaap.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 1/17/2021 at 6:26 PM, singh1981 said:

Thanks once again for the positivity. Do you live in a western country? I am asking this because I am living in one. Do you think brahmgyaan is possible in western country or should I leave back to India. I feel that in India there are more Gurudwaras, more sangat, more brahmgyanis you can visit and hence the opportunities are plenty.

Do you personally know of any Brahamgyani in Punjab?

Bhul chuk maaf