Jump to content

Will cheating in school hinder my Bhakti?


Recommended Posts

So I don’t like studying the stuff I learn in school though I do like learning (Sikh history, history, guru’s history) but not the learning at school so I do enough to get by and I cheat but I ask guruji to forgive as I want to give myself fully to waheguru ji and school is a worldly thing so I do it because it is my job. Is this Right or Wrong?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Paapiman

wjkk wjkf

Cheating is immoral and is against Gurmat. Living an honest and a truthful living is a basic tenet of Sikhism. We have to apply Sikh principles in our life, if we desire to move closer to the Almighty God. Unethical acts can later become an hindrance in one's spiritual growth.

 

Bhul chuk maaf

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest Paapiman said:

wjkk wjkf

Cheating is immoral and is against Gurmat. Living an honest and a truthful living is a basic tenet of Sikhism. We have to apply Sikh principles in our life, if we desire to move closer to the Almighty God. Unethical acts can later become an hindrance in one's spiritual growth.

 

Bhul chuk maaf

 

WJKK WJKF

 

But you see im way to far behind due to this. for example the spanish language i dont anything about it and it is one of subjects and i am pretty much zero on it i am scared and dont want my parents to get mad because they already disapprove this lifestyle of sikhi that i am living now (even though they are sikhs) i dont want them to say you cant do paath or stuff like that untill i get my grades up. Should i wait till next semester so i can get fresh start? Or should i put my faith in Guru Nanak dev ji that mere karaj sab savaar theen geh? Because i believe school is the only thing i lie about. Even though i make million of mistakes everyday without knowing but during online school i turn my computer volume down and jap naam or listen to kirtan because school doesn't interest me. PLEASE READ THIS AND LET ME KNOW

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Samarbir Singh said:

So I don’t like studying the stuff I learn in school though I do like learning (Sikh history, history, guru’s history) but not the learning at school so I do enough to get by and I cheat but I ask guruji to forgive as I want to give myself fully to waheguru ji and school is a worldly thing so I do it because it is my job. Is this Right or Wrong?

Samarbir Jee,

We must bear in mind that He whom we love, adore and want to meet, is an embodiment of absolute Truth and moral values, so if we want to reach and see Him, we have to be as pure  and truthful right from where we are just as He is, otherwise we shall not be  able to merge in Him.

As humans we do commit mistakes, but if don't learn from them and keep repeating,  how can we expect to get His forgiveness,  isn't it?

Spirituality needs to be constructed on a solid base of being and living in truthfulness , otherwise we are sure to fall and collapse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SunnySingh said:

Samarbir Jee,

We must bear in mind that He whom we love, adore and want to meet, is an embodiment of absolute Truth and moral values, so if we want to reach and see Him, we have to be as pure  and truthful right from where we are just as He is, otherwise we shall not be  able to merge in Him.

As humans we do commit mistakes, but if don't learn from them and keep repeating,  how can we expect to get His forgiveness,  isn't it?

Spirituality needs to be constructed on a solid base of being and living in truthfulness , otherwise we are sure to fall and collapse.

ok Satbachan i have faith that my Guru will not fail me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Samarbir Singh said:

So I don’t like studying the stuff I learn in school though I do like learning (Sikh history, history, guru’s history) but not the learning at school so I do enough to get by and I cheat but I ask guruji to forgive as I want to give myself fully to waheguru ji and school is a worldly thing so I do it because it is my job. Is this Right or Wrong?

Don’t cheat, just study harder. Live life with integrity. 
 

You don’t yet understand what school is and how detrimental it is to your adult life. I didn’t take school seriously. As a woman, I was brought up to think I would get married and that would be that, and school and university were not important. I ended up being physically abused, forced to leave home and fend for myself. I struggled so much with money and came across many who.saw me in a vulnerable state with not much money and were also abusive (because I was vulnerable). If I had only taken school seriously and finished my degree, things would have been millions of times easier for me, literally. How seriously you take school and work seriously, and how much money you make later on will decide what kind of life you will live. Also more money= more dasvandh. 

I believed in God a lot when I was at school and thought it was worldly too, but even Guru Nanak worked and had a family that he provided for. Take your work seriously, school and work are seva, opportunities given to you by God. Make the most of them, get the highest grades you can, make the most of your opportunity and blessings that millions in third world countries do not get. Take it from someone who messed it up early on, it’s super important. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sikhilove said:

Don’t cheat, just study harder. Live life with integrity. 
 

You don’t yet understand what school is and how detrimental it is to your adult life. I didn’t take school seriously. As a woman, I was brought up to think I would get married and that would be that, and school and university were not important. I ended up being physically abused, forced to leave home and fend for myself. I struggled so much with money and came across many who.saw me in a vulnerable state with not much money and were also abusive (because I was vulnerable). If I had only taken school seriously and finished my degree, things would have been millions of times easier for me, literally. How seriously you take school and work seriously, and how much money you make later on will decide what kind of life you will live. Also more money= more dasvandh. 

I believed in God a lot when I was at school and thought it was worldly too, but even Guru Nanak worked and had a family that he provided for. Take your work seriously, school and work are seva, opportunities given to you by God. Make the most of them, get the highest grades you can, make the most of your opportunity and blessings that millions in third world countries do not get. Take it from someone who messed it up early on, it’s super important. 

Thanks ben ji will keep this in mind

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Samarbir Singh said:

What do you mean can u explain?

Dass heard in katha that doing sawa lakh 125k jaaps of mool mantar plus with 23rd salok of sukhmani sahib: "gian anjan gur diya, agian ander binaas, har kirpa te sant bhatiya, nanak mann pargaas". A young student passed her exams as she came first in the exam. This i hears in katha of gyani thakur singh a few years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Dass heard in katha that doing sawa lakh 125k jaaps of mool mantar plus with 23rd salok of sukhmani sahib: "gian anjan gur diya, agian ander binaas, har kirpa te sant bhatiya, nanak mann pargaas". A young student passed her exams as she came first in the exam. This i hears in katha of gyani thakur singh a few 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Singh

Dear brother,

Exams have a purpose to them. For example you could cheat and pass medical exams to become a doctor. However you don’t have the correct knowledge within which means you could kill a patient.

Failing exam means one needs to do additional study and then give exam again.

Sikhi teaches hard work & honest living.

Loads of students leave it too late! But get your head down, study and give your exams the best attempt. 

And if you fail anything, it really isn’t end of the world! 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest Singh said:

Dear brother,

Exams have a purpose to them. For example you could cheat and pass medical exams to become a doctor. However you don’t have the correct knowledge within which means you could kill a patient.

Failing exam means one needs to do additional study and then give exam again.

Sikhi teaches hard work & honest living.

Loads of students leave it too late! But get your head down, study and give your exams the best attempt. 

And if you fail anything, it really isn’t end of the world! <img src=">

Satbachan gurmukh ji

Link to post
Share on other sites

Samarbir Jee,

cheating is inmoral just as any other inmoral karam.

Found a very inspiring message which does somehow relate to your question, and would like to share it with you, though it covers a bigger view of what morality is all about, it is a beautiful question answer session between Karan and Shree Krishna Jee, the avatar of Shree Vishnu Jee.

 

In Mahabharat, Karna asks Lord Krishna - "My mother left me the moment I was born. Is it my fault I was born an illegitimate child?

I did not get the education from Dhronacharya because I was considered not a Kshatriya.

Parsuraam taught me but then gave me the curse to forget everything when he came to know I was  Son of Kunthi belong to Kshatriya.

A cow was accidentally hit by my arrow & its owner cursed me for no fault of mine.

I was disgraced in Draupadi's Swayamvar.

Even Kunthi finally told me the truth only to save her other sons.

Whatever I received was through Duryodhana's charity.

So how am I wrong in taking his side ???"

**Lord Krishna replies, "Karna, I was born in a jail.

Death was waiting for me even before my birth.

The night I was born I was separated from my birth parents.

From childhood, you grew up hearing the noise of swords, chariots, horses, bow, and arrows. I got only cow herd's shed, dung, and multiple attempts on my life even before I could walk!

No Army, No Education. I could hear people saying I am the reason for all their problems.

When all of you were being appreciated for your valour by your teachers I had not even received any education. I joined Gurukula of Rishi Sandipani only at the age of 16!

You are married to a girl of your choice. I didn't get the girl I loved & rather ended up marrying those who wanted me or the ones I rescued from demons.

I had to move my whole community from the banks of Yamuna to far off Sea shore to save them from Jarasandh. I was called a coward for running away!!

If Duryodhana wins the war you will get a lot of credit. What do I get if Dharmaraja wins the war? Only the blame for the war and all related problems...

Remember one thing, Karna. Everybody has Challenges in life to face.

LIFE IS NOT FAIR & EASY ON ANYBODY!!!

But what is Right (Dharma) is known to your Mind (conscience). No matter how much unfairness we got, how many times we were Disgraced, how many times we Fall, what is important is how you REACTED at that time.

Life's unfairness does not give you license to walk the wrong path...

* Always remember, Life may be tough at few points, but DESTINY is not created by the SHOES we wear but by the STEPS we take...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...