Taking off Kara...

WJKK WJKF

Gurmuko I had a question, since I play sports like basketball. I used to take off my sarb loh kara when playing, so it doesn't hurt anyone. But I didn't like taking off my kara, so I started wearing a smaller steel kara with indent lines. But when I read the Damdami Taksaal rehat maryada it said you can only wear sarab loh kara with no indent lines, so I started wearing it again. Although it stated that the only the kirpan and kachera must never be separated from the body, I don't like taking my kara off. So is it allowed to take off my kara while playing sports? Btw I am not amritdari but am hopefully going to get blessed with amrit this year, this is why I am trying to build my rehat as much as possible with Guru sahib's kirpa.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

13 hours ago, Samarbir Singh said:

WJKK WJKF

Gurmuko I had a question, since I play sports like basketball. I used to take off my sarb loh kara when playing, so it doesn't hurt anyone. But I didn't like taking off my kara, so I started wearing a smaller steel kara with indent lines. But when I read the Damdami Taksaal rehat maryada it said you can only wear sarab loh kara with no indent lines, so I started wearing it again. Although it stated that the only the kirpan and kachera must never be separated from the body, I don't like taking my kara off. So is it allowed to take off my kara while playing sports? Btw I am not amritdari but am hopefully going to get blessed with amrit this year, this is why I am trying to build my rehat as much as possible with Guru sahib's kirpa.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

You can take the Kara off your wrist bro, but do not separate it from your body. Keep it in your pocket, while you are playing.

Kara and Kirpan must be of Sarabloh.

Bhul chuk maaf

21 hours ago, Samarbir Singh said:

WJKK WJKF

Kabaddi players take their karas off. I know one kabaadi player who is amritdhari who used to take his kirpan off as well. It's totally up to you. If you feel so bad about it, then don't do it.

Personally I wouldn't want to plat any sport against someone who is wearing something that could injure me. Would you be prepared to play that game?

7 hours ago, paapiman said:

You can take the Kara off your wrist bro, but do not separate it from your body. Keep it in your pocket, while you are playing.

Basketball shorts don't have pockets do they?

5 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Kabaddi players take their karas off. I know one kabaadi player who is amritdhari who used to take his kirpan off as well. It's totally up to you. If you feel so bad about it, then don't do it.

Personally I wouldn't want to plat any sport against someone who is wearing something that could injure me. Would you be prepared to play that game?

Basketball shorts don't have pockets do they?

WJKK WJKF

yes they have pockets, but they dont have zippers so it could fall out but i will look for a solution. Thanks for the suggestions.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

3 hours ago, Samarbir Singh said:

WJKK WJKF

yes they have pockets, but they dont have zippers so it could fall out but i will look for a solution. Thanks for the suggestions.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

wjkk wjkf

Ask your mother, if she can put a zipper or a button on your pocket. That might ensure that the Kara in the pocket, does not fall out, while you are playing.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 4/1/2021 at 2:14 AM, Samarbir Singh said:

WJKK WJKF

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Type of kara has nothing to do with sikhi. It is best to reference sikh reyat maryada, normally anything above that is either superstitions, waam/ parm or delving into controversy or at times fully anti panthic.

You will not become patit if you have non sarbloh kara, waheguru will not punish you.

3 hours ago, KingTarunjotYT said:

It is best to reference sikh reyat maryada, normally anything above that is either superstitions, waam/ parm or delving into controversy or at times fully anti panthic.

The so-called Sikh Rehat Maryada probably contains basic Rehats which must be followed.

We have many Puratan Rehtname, which were written by the great Gursikhs, who stayed with Sri Satguru jee (Tenth Master) and all Sikhs must try to follow those Rehats too.

Bhul chuk maaf

10 hours ago, paapiman said:

The so-called Sikh Rehat Maryada probably contains basic Rehats which must be followed.

We have many Puratan Rehtname, which were written by the great Gursikhs, who stayed with Sri Satguru jee (Tenth Master) and all Sikhs must try to follow those Rehats too.

Bhul chuk maaf

Many sikhs do not have full faith in many puratan sources and question their reliability and authenticity.

Without delving into controversy it has been accepted that one can be a full gursikh by following the teachings of sri guru granth sahib and the basic sikh reyat maryada.

The main point is that you should not be worried too much about whether you wear a sarbloh or non sarbloh kara. It is more a  choice which should not affect you becoming one with waheguru.

15 hours ago, KingTarunjotYT said:

Many sikhs do not have full faith in many puratan sources and question their reliability and authenticity.

Many Sikhs probably also believe that the so-called Sikh Rehat Maryada is not a Panthic maryada.

15 hours ago, KingTarunjotYT said:

The main point is that you should not be worried too much about whether you wear a sarbloh or non sarbloh kara. It is more a  choice which should not affect you becoming one with waheguru.

You have been provided with evidence from Gurbani and a Puratan Rehatnama, which proves that Sarabloh Rehat is very important for a devout Sikh.

Bhul chuk maaf

16 hours ago, KingTarunjotYT said:

Without delving into controversy it has been accepted that one can be a full gursikh by following the teachings of sri guru granth sahib and the basic sikh reyat maryada.

Please have a look at the topic below.

There is No "One" Sikh Rehat Maryada (SRM) - Sikhi | Questions and Answers - SikhAwareness Forum

Bhul chuk maaf

12 hours ago, paapiman said:

Many Sikhs probably also believe that the so-called Sikh Rehat Maryada is not a Panthic maryada.

You have been provided with evidence from Gurbani and a Puratan Rehatnama, which proves that Sarabloh Rehat is very important for a devout Sikh.

Bhul chuk maaf

Majority of sikhs follow sikh reyat maryada.

We can all agree that - A sikh can be gursikh and one with waheguru while following sri guru granth sahib and sikh reyat maryada.

Keeping away from controversial topics like dasam granth (which divide the panth as it is impossible to reach conclusion due to external influence [brahminvaadi and santani influence, rss etc. ] and vested interests of groups and constant interference by indian govt in sikh religeous affairs - can only be solved by establishing khalsa raj and khalistan) it is hard to also draw conclusion on other things which have also become controversy like sarbloh. You can use it if you want or follow certain rehat but if you dont do it that does not mean you can not be gursikh or become one with waheguru.

I agree there is more than one sikh reyat maryada.

This is what happens when we delve into controversy(do not consider this apart of reply - just showing why controversy cant be solved anytime soon) best not to reply to the restof comment as it will just cause mud slinging and contorversy without achieving anything, a hundred times more knowledgable and panthic people have had discussion and yet it is not solved so it will just result in time waste _ best is all these issues are put on backburner and sikh panth make goal azadi which will make these issues way easier to solve - very hard since key figures and sikh leaders are in hands of hindustani (brahminvaadi) govt:

Alarm bells are rung on both sides of controversy, dd taksal AKJ sant samaj( literally named after a hindu org with similar name), dd taksal dhumma(lackey of badal #1 traitor and sikh virodi gadar) and baba thakur(getting saroops from top RSS and its religious wing VHP people - who actively work to sivide and create controversy in sikh panth) having regular meetings with RSS and other anti panthic orgs. Since nihungs have been without a role / job for almost 200 years they have fallen into dissarray and infighting( and even been indian govt stooges at certain times)  making them easy targets for anti panthic and sanatani groups. But controversy is also on other side where certain have started attacking important panth wide accepted parts of sikhi and instead of fighting against rss and brahminvaadi influence have ended up helping them.

Note both sides are far each side, it is similar to how right wing define leftists with far left groups or communist idealogy. I would not say all of one side is bad or all of other side is bad. Both play their role. The biggest threat to sikhi is brahminism (has always been, still is and will always be until we unite panth and get khalsa raj which actually spreads and researchs sikhi - brahmins started "jihad" against sikhi when guru nanak sahib took off janue) which sanatani( in the name of puratan) leaning sikh groups are helping the most.

On 4/10/2021 at 12:39 AM, KingTarunjotYT said:

Majority of sikhs follow sikh reyat maryada.

We can all agree that - A sikh can be gursikh and one with waheguru while following sri guru granth sahib and sikh reyat maryada.

Keeping away from controversial topics like dasam granth (which divide the panth as it is impossible to reach conclusion due to external influence [brahminvaadi and santani influence, rss etc. ] and vested interests of groups and constant interference by indian govt in sikh religeous affairs - can only be solved by establishing khalsa raj and khalistan) it is hard to also draw conclusion on other things which have also become controversy like sarbloh. You can use it if you want or follow certain rehat but if you dont do it that does not mean you can not be gursikh or become one with waheguru.

I agree there is more than one sikh reyat maryada.

This is what happens when we delve into controversy(do not consider this apart of reply - just showing why controversy cant be solved anytime soon) best not to reply to the restof comment as it will just cause mud slinging and contorversy without achieving anything, a hundred times more knowledgable and panthic people have had discussion and yet it is not solved so it will just result in time waste _ best is all these issues are put on backburner and sikh panth make goal azadi which will make these issues way easier to solve - very hard since key figures and sikh leaders are in hands of hindustani (brahminvaadi) govt:

Alarm bells are rung on both sides of controversy, dd taksal AKJ sant samaj( literally named after a hindu org with similar name), dd taksal dhumma(lackey of badal #1 traitor and sikh virodi gadar) and baba thakur(getting saroops from top RSS and its religious wing VHP people - who actively work to sivide and create controversy in sikh panth) having regular meetings with RSS and other anti panthic orgs. Since nihungs have been without a role / job for almost 200 years they have fallen into dissarray and infighting( and even been indian govt stooges at certain times)  making them easy targets for anti panthic and sanatani groups. But controversy is also on other side where certain have started attacking important panth wide accepted parts of sikhi and instead of fighting against rss and brahminvaadi influence have ended up helping them.

Note both sides are far each side, it is similar to how right wing define leftists with far left groups or communist idealogy. I would not say all of one side is bad or all of other side is bad. Both play their role. The biggest threat to sikhi is brahminism (has always been, still is and will always be until we unite panth and get khalsa raj which actually spreads and researchs sikhi - brahmins started "jihad" against sikhi when guru nanak sahib took off janue) which sanatani( in the name of puratan) leaning sikh groups are helping the most.

WJKK WJKF

Thanks for answering my question on Taking of my kara. I found a solution so we should end this topic before it gets icky, even though I respectifully don't agree with some of the stuff Tarunjot veerji said.

Bhul Chuck Maaf