Cold Shower vs. Hot Shower

WJKK WJKF

So I’ve read in Bhai Nand Lal Ji’s rehit maryada and it said that if you don’t take cold shower and eat before nitnem it is bad (something along those lines). But see I take 2 showers in day, the first one is Amrit Vela and I switched from taking hot showers to cold showers in Amrit Vela (it’s been a few days). But in the afternoon I also take another shower because I usually have been playing sports and just have been doing things throughout the day. I’ve also been taking cold showers in the afternoon (recently), but I feel like in the afternoon I should take a hot shower to clean the dirt and oil in my pores, and then do a blast cold water for a few minutes. Does this work with the rehit maryada or no?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

• 3 months later...
On 4/5/2021 at 5:23 AM, Samarbir Singh said:

WJKK WJKF

So I’ve read in Bhai Nand Lal Ji’s rehit maryada and it said that if you don’t take cold shower and eat before nitnem it is bad (something along those lines). But see I take 2 showers in day, the first one is Amrit Vela and I switched from taking hot showers to cold showers in Amrit Vela (it’s been a few days). But in the afternoon I also take another shower because I usually have been playing sports and just have been doing things throughout the day. I’ve also been taking cold showers in the afternoon (recently), but I feel like in the afternoon I should take a hot shower to clean the dirt and oil in my pores, and then do a blast cold water for a few minutes. Does this work with the rehit maryada or no?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

You can genourously apply coconut oil to better clean out your pores. It's far beyond what you can do with hot water and what they pass off for soap these days. 

Since I started adding essential oils to coconut oil, I almost never touch soap these days. When I do it tends to be real soap or high quality conditioner. 

• 4 months later...
19 hours ago, Premi said:

Cold water in hot weather doesn't feel anything like cold water when the weather/climate is cold. It's much harsher using actual cold water in the cold weather. 

But we have heating in our homes. So, it should not be that hard to take cold showers in winters.

Bhul chuk maaf