Kesh Sanskaar

WJKK WJKF

So I went to my friends house and we were learning each other how to tie turbans. And once I combed my hair I asked, "where the trash can?" And he opened a separate bucket full kesh. I asked, "what's this for?" He said "we put our hair in a separate bucket and then do keshie sanskaar (but it in a bucket and burn it), because if you throw it in a trash can that's biedbi (insult)." So I went home and instead of throwing my combed out kesh I put in a bag and plan on doing a keshie sanskaar once the bag is full. Although I have one question do I only do sanskaar of combed kesh? Or all kesh I find on the floor, because as you know the human body sheds 50 to 100 strands a day, but I thought all kesh are the same no matter where they come from and all should be respected. But it's a lot work so if someone can let me know if i'm supposed to pick up all kesh or only combed out kesh.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

51 minutes ago, WaheguruDaGulam said:

Usually if I find kesh on the ground somewhere I pick them up and put it in the bucket. After keshi ishnaan I pick up the kesh left in the bathtub. Thats just what I do.

WJKK WJKF

Have you have you ever done Keshie Sanskaar or ever heard of it? Just trying to gain knowledge of stuff our beloved shaheeds sacrificed there lives for.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

11 minutes ago, Samarbir Singh said:

WJKK WJKF

Have you have you ever done Keshie Sanskaar or ever heard of it? Just trying to gain knowledge of stuff our beloved shaheeds sacrificed there lives for.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

We use to do it before, then stopped as it became a hassle. But ur right what u said in ur post. Must be sanskaar.

23 hours ago, Samarbir Singh said:

WJKK WJKF

So I went to my friends house and we were learning each other how to tie turbans. And once I combed my hair I asked, "where the trash can?" And he opened a separate bucket full kesh. I asked, "what's this for?" He said "we put our hair in a separate bucket and then do keshie sanskaar (but it in a bucket and burn it), because if you throw it in a trash can that's biedbi (insult)." So I went home and instead of throwing my combed out kesh I put in a bag and plan on doing a keshie sanskaar once the bag is full. Although I have one question do I only do sanskaar of combed kesh? Or all kesh I find on the floor, because as you know the human body sheds 50 to 100 strands a day, but I thought all kesh are the same no matter where they come from and all should be respected. But it's a lot work so if someone can let me know if i'm supposed to pick up all kesh or only combed out kesh.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

wjkk wjkf

Do you mean Sanskaar or Saskaar?

Bhul chuk maaf

2 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Sanskaar or Saskaar?

WJKK WJKF

I didn't know the exact spelling but when I searched up online "sanskaar" came up. But now that you brought it up I think its "saskaar" my family pronounces it this way. Sorry sangat ji if any mistakes were made.

Bhul Chuk Maaf