I have heard sounds while I was asleep. PLEASE GUIDE FURTHER

Manav

WGJKK WGJKFF

I am not sure. But I have had a few experiences like these.

I haven't done any naam simran actively.

But, I have heard some kirtan of lord krishna once when I was half awake and half asleep. Also, I heard some random songs that are not here.

Sometimes in my dreams I have been aware that I was dreaming.

Plus, I am a hindu by religion but I strongly resonate with sikhi.

I have started doing meditation now, but I am not sure what should I do to follow the path of spirituality in the right way?

I would appreciate help from you guys,

Thanks.

3 hours ago, SunnySingh said:

Welcome Manav Jee,

we must bear in our mind that, all souls are just as equal same rays from the One Light/Sun.

According to where those rays fall upon(bodies), we say someone is a sikh, a hindu, a muslim or a christian.

But when we go within, we all have that same refulgence, light of His Jot.

Gurbani says: Sabh meh Jot, Jot hae soee. His Light permates in all as souls, and He Himself is the source of Supreme light.

So, it does not matter if one is a sikh, a hindu or be it anyone, yet if one concentrates and goes within by His grace, we will all hear the same sounds if only we are that same satges or levels of consciousness, ann that Shabad or Anahad Bani, resounds in everyone one of us, irrespective of our color, creed, gender or caste. 

Sree Guru Amar Das says:  Nam jiskay man vaseeya, vaajeh Shabad ganere. Means, whosoever concentrates on Nam will hear the sound of that Shabad or Nam within himself/herself.

In His eyes, we are all His souls.

It is we blind fools who fight and quarrel and kill or abuse someone in the name of religion, that too, when we have not seen that Jot  for ourselves, we forget that according to khel and our karmas we are born in a particular place, body, and dharam, ad according to His kanoon of karmas no one can change anyone, so why not respect all as they are?

Going back to your query, it is by great good luck that in Sikhee under the guidance of the True spiritual Teachers, Guru Sahiban, we are taught how to overcome all our limitations and by devoting ourselves to their higher and pure teachings we manifest the Sound or Voice of the ultimate Truth or call it creator and see His Jot within us.

That is supreme mahima of Guru Jee, who making us shatter our deep rooted ignorance and thus throughly cleaning us all our dirt of karmas, sanskaras, from countless lives, makes us pur and fit to reunite ourselves and become one with that Ultimate Truth which some call God, and we in sikhee call that creative power Wahehuru Akal Purukh, who is formless and beyond any imagination, not even gods or any other entities can know anything about Him, except His lovers and Guru Sahiban.

That is what Gurbani is for, to overcome all our limitations, all our pettiness, all our complexes, of which we are so much proud prisoners.

Thanks so much!

Totally agree that we all are a part of that one creator.

What should I read that can lead me forward on this path? Or just naam?

You should start watching basics of sikhi videos on youtube

They provide a good foundation for anyone being first introduced to sikhi.

You will get to know many good things from their videos which will help immensely on your journey.

53 minutes ago, WaheguruDaGulam said:

You should start watching basics of sikhi videos on youtube

They provide a good foundation for anyone being first introduced to sikhi.

You will get to know many good things from their videos which will help immensely on your journey.

I live in Punjab. I am aware of some of the teachings of the Gurus. I am just not sure what to do? Do nitnem? 

8 hours ago, Manav said:

I live in Punjab. I am aware of some of the teachings of the Gurus. I am just not sure what to do? Do nitnem? 

Do Waheguru Mantra Japa. Say Waaaaaahe...listen to it, say Gurooooo..listen to it. 

Go through the meditation section here, you will get your answers. 

20 hours ago, Manav said:

Thanks so much!

What should I read that can lead me forward on this path?

Or just naam?

You should read the teachings right from the highest and perfect Teacher, in SGGS. 

Do not rush, take your time to understand and digest the teachings which are true spiritual gems from the Bani.

Monitors or advanced students are fine, but having direct and first hand contact with the teacher is the best, for in the end, it is with the teacher whom we have to account for our education learned and applied at the end of our present grade(human life).

Then we can not give excuses, that I only did what I saw others do, or was told by them to do according to their understanding.

As for Nam, do not rush as said above, see for yourself what is Nam, what is Guru Sahiban, what is a Gurmukh, a Sant Jan, and see the message which they wanto convey us from their personal intercation and communion with  Supreme Power, or level of Highest Consciousness.

To start with, I will suggest you you to start with Jap Ji Sahib, Anand Sahib, Asa Ki war, though all the Gurbani by itself is a spiritual wealth beyond measure.

Then if here or there you have any questions, you may ask the sangat here, all will be much glad to help you, but, as said, go through the Bani which is true bliss, and a path leading to the Highest, if only applied as indicated by Guru Jee in it.

If by His grace you are constant in your approach towards the Bani, you will discover higher truths hidden in it time after time as one gets mentally purer, that is the magic of the Bani.

Guru Jee is the only link between us jeev atmas and Him, He is the One to ferry us across, rest of the people are all passengers waiting to fulfill their journey as per their destiny karam.

So in Sikhee, Guru Jee is the most important being, had it not been for Him, we could never ever have come to know anything about Waheguru Akal Purukh.

To the extent that the Bani says:

Guru meree pooja

The Guru is the objective of  my devotion (for loving Him, we merge in Him, the formless One)

Guru Gobind

The Guru is the Lord sustainer Gobind

Guru mera Parbrham Guru Bhagwant

My Guru is the trascendental Lord (formless and unfathomable= Shabad or Nam), beyond the realms of Brahm or Maya.

Best of luck Bro and stay blessed.

• 3 weeks later...

On 5/9/2021 at 3:34 AM, Manav said:

Thanks so much!

What should I read that can lead me forward on this path? Or just naam?

Hi. Read Guru Granth Sahib Ji. It's Truth. Gurbani teaches that there is in reality no religion only one, No Hindu No Muslim, only One was Guru Nanaks teaching. It teaches the Truth thats the core of all of the major religions but without the rituals and superstitions. Many teachings have also become corrupted over time so the Gurus were sent to teach Sat in its purity. If you read, accept and apply the gyan in practice in everyday life, you will start to learn more and move on the bhagti path. It's a neverending path and is one of love and purity. 

2 hours ago, Lioness1 said:

Hi. Read Guru Granth Sahib Ji. It's Truth. Gurbani teaches that there is in reality no religion only one, No Hindu No Muslim, only One was Guru Nanaks teaching. It teaches the Truth thats the core of all of the major religions but without the rituals and superstitions. Many teachings have also become corrupted over time so the Gurus were sent to teach Sat in its purity. If you read, accept and apply the gyan in practice in everyday life, you will start to learn more and move on the bhagti path. It's a neverending path and is one of love and purity. 

It's one religion not no religion. We've been over this. Please record your soundbyte so we can just play it without you. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 11:58 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

It's one religion not no religion. We've been over this. Please record your soundbyte so we can just play it without you. 

I’ve never spoken to you, why so passive aggressive for no reason, are you being bullied at home that you come on here and are rude? People who are rude for zero reason are hurt and insecure. No one said it’s no religion, it’s Puran Sat, the Gurus brought people back to it when other teachers had failed or the teachings were corrupted.

14 hours ago, Lioness11 said:

I’ve never spoken to you, why so passive aggressive for no reason, are you being bullied at home that you come on here and are rude? People who are rude for zero reason are hurt and insecure. No one said it’s no religion, it’s Puran Sat, the Gurus brought people back to it when other teachers had failed or the teachings were corrupted.

You have evaded having a Truthful conversation based on Gurmat for a long time. Even in the short time posting here the Sangat has a pretty clear idea what I'm talking about. It's on you to go back and address a great amount of Beadbi of Gursikhi. 

And to be a student of real Sikhs, Khalsa Guru, and more importantly a Sikh of the Guru Sahiban. Instead of undermining Gurmat. 

That's to start. 

And don't play daft again. You just look daft.