Beginner at Naam abhyas. Need help please.

Guest Noobhere

Guest Noobhere

Hey

Okay i have a couple of questions.

1. I know how important amritvela is in sikhism. Now i personally take bath at 11.30 pm and start namm abhyas till around 1.30am or 2.00 am. Now does this count as amritvela or not.

2. I am not amritdhari, will i still be able to experience or reach certain stages in naam jaap.

3. The most important issue. Up untill now, i used to randomly do waheguru jaap for like 10 to 15 minutes maybe once or twice in month. And i was able to concentrate on sound of waheguru. I also would start to feel some sensations(like vibrations or current) in the scalp after 20 mins. 

Now i decided to do actual naam abhyas. Its been month or two as i mentioned i start at 11.30 pm to 2.00am( I am trying to increase time). I also do japji sahib path before simran. But i am shocked that i cant even concentrate for 5 seconds(thats right 5 continuous seconds). I just cant listen to waheguru the way i used to when i wasnt even trying to do abhyas. I dont know whats happening. I have been losing all motivation to do simran if i cant even concentrate. Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks🙏

WJKWJF.

Only suggestion would be to change bath time to just after 12am.

Regarding point 3, don't try to exert effort now that you've decided to do things 'properly'. Check out mingyur rinpoche's videos on youtube on how to just observe without effort and Gurbani also says 'Tu karta karna mai nahi. Ja hau kari na hoey'. 

I may not seem correct but these are not my vichar but those of tyar bar tyar sarblohi gursikhs.

They say that a non amritdhari shouldn't chant naam as one gets naam from Guru roop Panj pyaare only. This video will answer your question. Also, you should do lots of abhyaas of bani than naam.

https://m.facebook.com/Gurmatbibek/videos/388824204970543/

Daas,

Trimandeep Singh 

2 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

I may not seem correct but these are not my vichar but those of tyar bar tyar sarblohi gursikhs.

They say that a non amritdhari shouldn't chant naam as one gets naam from Guru roop Panj pyaare only. This video will answer your question. Also, you should do lots of abhyaas of bani than naam.

https://m.facebook.com/Gurmatbibek/videos/388824204970543/

Daas,

Trimandeep Singh 

I know there is no liberation without guru. And in sikhism the way of being a disciple of guru is to take amrit from panj pyare. But i however think that anyone can chant name as gurbani says : nou nidh amrit har ja naam is dehi me is ka bisram.

namm is already inside us but liberation is something that comes from guru only.

To back this up i once heard katha about a sant that they were non amritdhari but they had a lot of kamai. When they left this body, they came back and asked for a specific sant to come with 5 pyare and bless them with amrit. They said when i went to gods court, they wouldnt let me in without having a guru.

On 5/12/2021 at 2:46 AM, PCSJZ said:

Not true. Anyone can chant gods name, amritdhari or non amritdhari. There are no restrictions. Were bhagat Kabir and bhagat Farid amritdhari?

And Waheguru is the only one that can give you naam.

not sure of the ang off hand but SGGS ji says. Bin naame mukt na pavai koi, bin satgur ko naam na pavai. There is no liberation without naam and no naam without waheguru.

Were Bhagat Kabir and Bhagat Farid Ji amritdhari?

Yes, they had taken charan pahaul/charan Amrit from lotus feet of Satguru Nanak Dev Ji. In historic documents, their meeting has been mentioned in Ayodhya (with Bhagat Kabir Ji)  and many other Bhagats like Bhagat Pipa Ji were also there. It is said that at the end of the conversation they had, Bhagat Kabir Ji begged for naam. Sache Patshah laughingly said, "you already know everything!". But then they became Sikhs of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Before meeting Guru Nanak Dev Ji, they meditated on Kirtam Naam, not Sat Naam. With Kirtam naam they attained enlightenment and purified they minds to an extent but without Sat Naam noone can have Darshan of Vaheguru and cannot get liberation. Also, after they became Sikhs, their writings that they wrote AFTER becoming sikhs were recorded by guru sahib and finally got into place in Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

You said,

"Bin naame mukt na pavai koi, bin satgur ko naam na pavai"

You have helped me instead lol. In this pankti Satguru is mentioned, who is the sargun saroop of Vaheguru.

It's true that naam is given by vaheguru. But in which form? He has three forms, sargun, nirgun and Shabad. Which one? Yes, we get naam by offering our head to sargun roopi Vaheguru, that is Guru Sahib. And Guru Sahib gives us naam through guru roopi Panj pyaare. Guru sahib works through his Panj rehitvaan naam rasiye gurmukhs.

You said, anyone can chant naam. But this is wrong. Naam isn't just like any other mantra. You need to sacrifice something to get it, that is by offering your head to Satguru. 

There are endless panktis to support my point that naam is given by Satguru only. And having shradha/faith in Satguru is different from surrendering yourself to Satguru. You get naam only after surrendering yourself to Satguru, that is take Amrit.

I again request you to watch the video whose link I pasted. And the video makers can be trusted because of their kamai, gyaan and the sangat of gursikhs they have done.

Bhul chuk maaf 

Trimandeep Singh

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

wjkk wjkf

Are you ready to become an Amritdhari? 

Do you know of any Gurmukh Mahapurakh?

Bhul chuk maaf

Not yet i am still growing my hairs as i was mona before. But i plan to do it within next year. I want to make sure i can preserve my amritwela before i commit myself to guru.

And no i dont know of any present day mahapurakh. I live in canada though.

7 hours ago, paapiman said:

Amritvela does start at 12 am, but cant you do Naam simran between 2 am and 5 am?

Have you tried doing a Jaap of a Shabad for 40 days (Chaliya)? Try doing that and see if you feel any difference.

Do you have a favorite Shabad/Gurbani Tuk/Path?

Daas lives in Canada too.

Bhul chuk maaf

No i havent tried chalisa. But i do nitnem and then simran. Its already working. I am able to focus on naam better than before. Sometimes the concenteration rushes between eyebrows and the focus is like pinpoint sharp but only lasts few seconds. However there are less thoughts in mind and more dhyan. I have stopped watching any kind of cinema, songs and try to chant whenever possible. 

But a question, do i just keep listening to sound or do i have to do dhyaan of sakar roop too. Because i heard that you should start from sakar roop of guru sahib.

23 hours ago, Noobhere said:

Here is a video of sant baba isher singh ji explaining how dhroo bhagat meditated. He mentions he used pranayam and meditated on chaturbhuj(4arms) saroop and merged with waheguru. There are many parts but this video is the final part on dhroo bhagat. He explains in this video. 

I personally believe that everyone have to have a guru in order to merge with god because guru is intermediary. However i dont think so guru nanak was the guru that bhagats like kabir ji had. A pooran bhramgyani is also like a satguru, so they had these pooran bhramgyanis as their guru and merged with god.

Bhul chuk maaf.

Respected Noobhere and Paapiman, I would like to correct you here. Firstly, a pooran brahmgyami is not a Satguru/like a Satguru. The only Satguru is Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

Secondly, noone can merge back into Vaheguru without seeking the sanctuary of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj. If you can attain liberation by just having a guru who has really high avastha/or is brahmgyami then why not accept Hindu dieties as your guru because the purpose of human life is to attain liberation. What is the need of Guru Nanak? One who worship the True Almighty and another who worships the creation of Almighty can't reach the same destination. You gave to take Amrit, jap naam, do Sewa and only then you can get a place in Sachkhand. Only those souls who have been accepted in Sachkhand get liberated. Bhagats who worship Hindu dieties land up in Gian Khand temporarily to enjoy the pleasures of heavens. But then they are again sent on earth. If you can attain liberation by making a brahmgyami your guru then make Baba Nand Singh Ji, Sant Isher Singh Ji, Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji or Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji your guru because all of them are in Sachkhand and attained brahmgyami avastha during their human life. But will you get liberation? No. If you ask them to make your their 'sikh' they would immediately interrupt and instead encourage you to make Guru Nanak your guru and take Khande di pahaul.

And when Gurbani talks about these mahapurush, guru sahib never uses the word liberated for them. They were saved. But this doesn't mean that they were saved from cycle of birth and death. Ganika, the prostitute was also saved but not liberated by meditating on the mantra of Ram.

I am not sure if Dhroo meditated on Kirtam naam or Sat Naam. But if he got liberation, then certainly Guru Nanak Dev Ji would have given him his darshan and instilled within him the true naam when he went into the forests and did bhagti. If he had some other saadh sant as his Guru, then he shouldn't have been liberated.

This modern Manmat philosophy that all religions are merely different to paths to Vaheguru is blasphemy. Gurmat doesn't acknowledge this.

Bhul chuk maaf 

Trimandeep Singh 

1 hour ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

Respected Noobhere and Paapiman, I would like to correct you here. Firstly, a pooran brahmgyami is not a Satguru/like a Satguru. The only Satguru is Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

Secondly, noone can merge back into Vaheguru without seeking the sanctuary of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj. If you can attain liberation by just having a guru who has really high avastha/or is brahmgyami then why not accept Hindu dieties as your guru because the purpose of human life is to attain liberation. What is the need of Guru Nanak? One who worship the True Almighty and another who worships the creation of Almighty can't reach the same destination. You gave to take Amrit, jap naam, do Sewa and only then you can get a place in Sachkhand. Only those souls who have been accepted in Sachkhand get liberated. Bhagats who worship Hindu dieties land up in Gian Khand temporarily to enjoy the pleasures of heavens. But then they are again sent on earth. If you can attain liberation by making a brahmgyami your guru then make Baba Nand Singh Ji, Sant Isher Singh Ji, Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji or Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji your guru because all of them are in Sachkhand and attained brahmgyami avastha during their human life. But will you get liberation? No. If you ask them to make your their 'sikh' they would immediately interrupt and instead encourage you to make Guru Nanak your guru and take Khande di pahaul.

And when Gurbani talks about these mahapurush, guru sahib never uses the word liberated for them. They were saved. But this doesn't mean that they were saved from cycle of birth and death. Ganika, the prostitute was also saved but not liberated by meditating on the mantra of Ram.

I am not sure if Dhroo meditated on Kirtam naam or Sat Naam. But if he got liberation, then certainly Guru Nanak Dev Ji would have given him his darshan and instilled within him the true naam when he went into the forests and did bhagti. If he had some other saadh sant as his Guru, then he shouldn't have been liberated.

This modern Manmat philosophy that all religions are merely different to paths to Vaheguru is blasphemy. Gurmat doesn't acknowledge this.

Bhul chuk maaf 

Trimandeep Singh 

Apologies in advance if i am wrong but you are limiting guru nanak to one form only. Guru nanak is infinite. Everything you see is a form of guru nanak. Guru nanak can appear as nirankar form which has no form, colour, mark, limit. Guru nanak can appear as that param jot form. Guru nanak can appear as shabad form. Guru nanak can appear as guru granth sahib ji form. He can appear in any form.

As gurbani says: Nanak bhramgyani aap parmesur. 

That is a bhramgyani is himself form of god(guru nanak). 

Man tu joot saroop hai apna mool pechan.

Everything is guru nanak himself, we just have forgotten due to the veils of ego and maya. There is nothing else here except that god. God has expanded himself in various forms that we see as world. A bhramgyani realises his true self. That is why he becomes god himself.

Now in sikhism no bhramgyani will agree to be your guru because we already have god (guru nanak) as our satguru. There is no need for second one. 

But in other religions, or prior to sikhism, guru nanak (god) could act through a bhramgyani as satguru. Guru nanak does not need to work through one form only. That is why you could have a bhramgyani as a guru in old times. Because there is ni difference between god and bhramgyani or pooran mahaourakh.

However, i only speak according to the mat provided to me by guru sahib. I hope guru nanak blesses me with his gurmat.

Bhul chuk maaf.

11 hours ago, Noobhere said:

Apologies in advance if i am wrong but you are limiting guru nanak to one form only. Guru nanak is infinite. Everything you see is a form of guru nanak. Guru nanak can appear as nirankar form which has no form, colour, mark, limit. Guru nanak can appear as that param jot form. Guru nanak can appear as shabad form. Guru nanak can appear as guru granth sahib ji form. He can appear in any form.

As gurbani says: Nanak bhramgyani aap parmesur. 

That is a bhramgyani is himself form of god(guru nanak). 

Man tu joot saroop hai apna mool pechan.

Everything is guru nanak himself, we just have forgotten due to the veils of ego and maya. There is nothing else here except that god. God has expanded himself in various forms that we see as world. A bhramgyani realises his true self. That is why he becomes god himself.

Now in sikhism no bhramgyani will agree to be your guru because we already have god (guru nanak) as our satguru. There is no need for second one. 

But in other religions, or prior to sikhism, guru nanak (god) could act through a bhramgyani as satguru. Guru nanak does not need to work through one form only. That is why you could have a bhramgyani as a guru in old times. Because there is ni difference between god and bhramgyani or pooran mahaourakh.

However, i only speak according to the mat provided to me by guru sahib. I hope guru nanak blesses me with his gurmat.

Bhul chuk maaf.

Bhai sahib Ji,  the furmaan, 

"Nanak Brahmgyami Aap parmeshur" has been wrongly interpreted by you. In this ashtpadhi Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Ji mentions that only Akaal Purakh, Satguru and High Avastha Gursikhs are brahmgyamis which also verifies my point in previous post that non Sikhs can't attain brahmgyami avastha. 

Coming to your point, the gur furmaan, "Nanak Brahmgyami aap Parmeshur" doesn't mean that Brahmgyani becomes Akaal Purakh but this means that Akaal Purakh is also brahmgyami. This doesn't imply that Akaal Purakh is only a brahmgyami and hence his glory is same as that of brahmgyami gurmukhs. Brahmgyami means one who realizes jot of Vaheguru in himself. As Akaal Purakh knows himself, so he is a brahmgyami and same with Satguru Ji.

Now, refuting your logic. Guru sahib also writes,

"Brahmgyami sab shrist ka karta"

Does this mean that Baba Deep Singh Ji or Bhai Gurdaas Ji or any other Brahmgyami created this creation? Obviously No. This vaak means that Brahmgyami is the one who created this whole creation- Akaal Purakh.

You are right in saying that Vaheguru acts through his gursikhs and mahapurush.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji in chandi di Vaar writes that you gave power to Raam to kill the evil Ravan with his bow, you gave power to durga to kill the mighty demons, you gave Krishna the power to knock out Kansa holding his hairs and you created the demons to break the ego of demi gods.

Also he sends gursikhs on earth like Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindranwaale for chardikala of Panth but that doesn't mean that his brahmgyani gursikhs start giving naam to anyone. A brahmgyami gursikh can never go against guru sahib's will to give naam to anyone. Guru Gobind Singh Ji works through Panj pyaare in Amrit Sanchaar. But this doesn't mean that the Panj Pyaare are Vaheguru himself or they are the ones giving naam. A brahmgyami purush when himself worships someone else(Vaheguru) then why would he make himself guru of someone. Naam is only given by Satguru Ji not through a brahmgyani.

When Gurbani says that there is no difference between a brahmgyami and Vaheguru that means they have become one with Vaheguru. They show us a reflection of Vaheguru. But this doesn't mean that we start worshipping brahmgyamis because there is no difference between them. This 'difference' is in the context that they have merged back into Vaheguru and hence no difference. 

When we say there is no difference between Guru Nanak and Vaheguru, this means that Vaheguru's jot is in him. Vaheguru's sargun roop is Guru Nanak. But we will merge back into nirgun roop Vaheguru only. Yes you can say that Guru sahib is omnipresent but guru sahib is just a from in which Akaal Purakh manifests himself. Akaal Purakh in pargat roop is guru Nanak. And we can have darshan of Guru Nanak Dev Ji but we can only experience Vaheguru. We can't see Vaheguru in his nirgun roop because he is FORMLESS.

Please see this video and all your doubts will be cleared.

Bhul chuk maaf 

Trimandeep Singh