Beginner at Naam abhyas. Need help please.

Guest Noobhere

Screenshot_2021_0601_145147.thumb.png.dda07fad4bef98ff05f8998613229a7d.png

Screenshot_2021_0601_145402.thumb.png.e384182942d4ca1a0119c2e1fc057933.png

Screenshot_2021_0601_145203.png.d39500412a9161eea474c61ac290f85d.png

Excerpt from Brahmgyaani Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji's Book, Naam teh Naam Da Daata Satguru.

Humble Translation:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਕਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਆਪਿ ਮਿਲਾਵੈ ਸੋਇ ॥
The True Guru is the Giver of the Name of the Lord. God Himself causes us to meet Him.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਬੁਝਿਆ ਗੁਰ ਜੇਵਡੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥
The True Guru understands the Lord God. There is no other as Great as the Guru.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਦਿਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਚਖਿਆ ॥
The True Guru has blessed me with the Lord's Name, and I have tasted the Ambrosial Nectar.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਨਾਮ ਕਾ ਪੂਰਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਭੰਡਾਰੁ ॥
The True Guru is the Giver of the Naam; His Treasure is perfect and overflowing.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਮਿਲੈ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ॥
The True Guru, the Giver, is met when the Lord leads us to meet Him.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਦਾਤੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਦਿੜਾਇਆ ॥
The True Guru, the Giver, has implanted the Naam, the Name of the Lord, within me.

ਪੂਰੇ ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਸੋਝੀ ਪਾਇ ॥੧॥Through the Perfect Guru, understanding is obtained. ||1||

Like these, there are several gurvaaks in Gurbani which clearly state that only Satguru is the giver of Naam. Except Satguru, noone can become 'Naam Da Daata' be it a Sikh, Sant, Mahant, Gurmukh or even a Brahmgyani with the highest avastha. They can neither given naam nor become 'Naam Da Daata'. Those sikhs, gurmukhs and sants who do manmat of giving naam, they are imitating the Guru. They become 'shareeks' of Vaheguru and are not gurmukhs, but manmukhs.

Wherever you see a Sikh giving naam to someone, believe it there itself that the chain of Guru-Dom has started. By giving Gurgaddi to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Sri Dashmesh Ji gave the Panj Pyaare the authority of giving amrit and naam in huzoori of Guru Granth sahib Ji. Receiving naam from a Sikh or Sant means giving them the 'padvi' of Satguru.
The above gurvaaks clear it that it is because of one's fortune that one meets the True Guru. According to hukam of Vaheguru, Guru Nanak Dev Ji arrives in the world and as per one's destiny, one meets the Satguru. Satgurus are not appointed by humans but from Sachkhandi Hukam.

As per the Akaali Hukam, this 'padvi' of Satguru has been given solely to Guru Nanak Dev Ji's Jot Saroopi 10 Gurus and the true jot of the 10 gurus, Sri Guru Granth sahib. Noone had this 'padvi' in the past and nor will anyone get it in the present or future. However, several Fake Gurus have been there in the past, several exist in the present, and several will be there in the future. No Dehdhaari Guru can be equal to Satguru Nanak Dev Ji!

Hun taan Brahmgyani khud bol reha, hun taan man lai praava.

Trimandeep Singh 

43 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Gurparsaad, Daas has already posted the verses which PROVE that Brahamgyanis can give Naam Daan.

Why don't you discuss those verses in details, instead of coming up with new verses?

Bhul chuk maaf

ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਕੀ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਬਰਸੀ ॥

One of the meanings of Amrit is Naam.

ਨਉ ਨਿਧਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ॥

Bhul chuk maaf

When I asked you to quote a pankti from Gurbani which supports Brahmgyani giving naam, you replied given as above. To that, I replied,

In the first pankti, it doesn't say that Brahmgyani can give naam. With the sight or glance of Brahmgyani, one receives amrit varkha (kirpa) of guru sahib to go on the right path.

In second pankti, guru sahib says one receives nine treasures by meditating on naam. One receives everything when one japs naam.

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh 

Please can you get meanings of the panktis you quoted from any teekas of Panthic Accepted Scholars?

Trimandeep Singh

On 5/30/2021 at 5:18 AM, paapiman said:

@Trimandeep Singh - Please answer the question above.

Have you heard the name of one of the GREATEST Bhagats mentioned in Gurbani?

Bhagat Raja Janak jee Maharaaj. He is NOT from Kaljug. Below is a verse of Bhai saab Bhai Gurdas jee.

ਭਗਤੁ ਵਡਾ ਰਾਜਾ ਜਨਕੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਮਾਇਆ ਵਿਚਿ ਉਦਾਸੀ।

Bhul chuk maaf

@Trimandeep Singh - Daas has a question bro.

According to Grammar, can the above verse be used to prove that Bhagat Raja Janak jee Maharaaj is the greatest Bhagat?

ਭਗਤੁ ਵਡਾ - Does it mean "The Greatest Bhagat" or "A Great Bhagat"?

ਤੁ - What does the Aunkarh at the feet of tAta indicate?

Bhul chuk maaf

Humbly request you, please read the whole message before ignoring it right away.

6 hours ago, hsingh6 said:

If you recall, I have already conveyed to you the title of a very big gyani. However, that does not give you a blanket license to restate your positions,

Obviously, Daas is not a gyani and neither do I want you to restate it ji. (sarcastically anyways)

All  I see  is debate and sticking to ones position

Ji, Daas wasn't adamant to points given by others. You would have said that in case I ignored them and kept on giving my points only. Others respectfully replied to my views and I did the same. Disagreeing and differences in basic things (which lead to a long debate) doesn't mean I have been disrespectful. I think emotions can't be expressed on an online platform and maybe because of that you had an impression that I was being disrespectful. Daas tried to answer the counter points and by mistake, if I missed,it was not intentional. And I would be humbled if you quote the point, when I was being disrespectful towards others. I would be cautious the next time.

the hukamnamas from Gurbani that Guru Sahiban got from Akal Purakh after a lot bhakti and in response to a specific question or thought are bandied about in debates without context...just to prove ones own point.

I have quoted mostly those panktis which have been used by Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji himself. And meanings provided were not altered according to my Budh. Meanings were pasted directly. 

You have in the past agreed to do so but sadly have not implemented it.

Yes, I commit that I said that I will not post anymore. But the person who was debating (Paapiman Ji) himself said that we were debating respectfully. So, when the other party is agreeing to debate then why do I stop presenting my views? This debate was more of a debate between two persons than many. So I think if both agree, then there's no harm to continue as long as opinions are being presented respectfully.

it..may I request you now once again with folded hands to take a break and start treating Gurbani with respect and not use it to score debating points.

Bhai sahib, you don't need to fold your hands, please. I have not used Gurbani to score debating points. Gurbani not only has paras Kala but also gyaan which we used to support our views. The debate/vichar went long because of difference in basic views.

Eg: we both agree that naam is essential for liberation. But then we discussed who gives naam. Finally when it was concluded Satguru gives naam, then Vichar was done on who is being referred to as Satguru. 

This debate went long and Daas should have stopped right there when so many differences came up. But I realized this a little late and for that, Daas is responsible.

Daas has reviewed the whole debate again, and I don't think I have been disrespectful but I would say, immature who kept on opening new sub topics before completing the previous one. Still, Daas assures you that respect for all people on this forum in my mind is the same as it was before debate and hope it is the same on the other side. (Please confirm this nahi taan Rehraas Sahib dhyaan naal nhi padha jaana)

Daas asks maafi in case you feel Daas wasn't respectful. I have been reading forums but contributing to a thread was a new thing for me so maybe Daas doesn't know how to express views properly. Daas will keep your points in mind next time.

Edit: @hsingh6 Kirpa kar deyo ji. Tussi guilt vich chhadta Daas nu. Mainu neend ni auni ji 😞

ਮੋਹਿ ਰੈਣਿ ਨ ਵਿਹਾਵੈ ਨੀਦ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਦੇਖੇ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਬਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥

Trimandeep Singh 

43 minutes ago, paapiman said:

@Trimandeep Singh - Daas has a question bro.

According to Grammar, can the above verse be used to prove that Bhagat Raja Janak jee Maharaaj is the greatest Bhagat?

ਭਗਤੁ ਵਡਾ - Does it mean "The Greatest Bhagat" or "A Great Bhagat"?

ਤੁ - What does the Aunkarh at the feet of tAta indicate?

Bhul chuk maaf

1) Great Bhagat. Bhai Gurdaas Ji hasn't made any comparison in the Shabad so, it should be 'Great Bhagat' only. By 'Vadda Bhagat' I think he means that sometimes,  bhagats of Vaheguru too come under 5 vices but this Vadda Bhagat always remained free of maaya (meaning kept doing bhagti with faith).

2) please can you quote pankti? 

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh 

1 minute ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

1) Great Bhagat. Bhai Gurdaas Ji hasn't made any comparison in the Shabad so, it should be 'Great Bhagat' only. By 'Vadda Bhagat' I think he means that sometimes,  bhagats of Vaheguru too come under 5 vices but this Vadda Bhagat always remained free of maaya (meaning kept doing bhagti with faith).

2) please can you quote pankti? 

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh 

So, what does the Aunkarh at the feet of tAta indicate in the word "ਭਗਤੁ"?

Bhul chuk maaf

1 minute ago, paapiman said:

So, what does the Aunkarh at the feet of tAta indicate in the word "ਭਗਤੁ"?

Bhul chuk maaf

Maybe, presence of ਤੁ means singular.

Trimandeep Singh 

On 5/31/2021 at 5:56 PM, Trimandeep Singh said:

Your statements are absolutely absurd.

"Why would He love people more who do naam jaap if He Is All."

Are you saying he loves murderers and rapists and naam abhyaasis equally? He loves all, no doubt in that. But he always keeps laaj of his gursikhs and not a person who commits sins. He always punishes those who slander the Saints. He loves his saints more than anyone else. He loves all but also does justice by punishing us for our sins. 

ਸੰਤਨ ਦੁਖ ਪਾਏ ਤੇ ਦੁਖੀ
He is painful, when He sees His saints in grief

ਸੁਖ ਪਾਏ ਸਾਧੁਨ ਕੇ ਸੁਖੀ ॥
He is happy, when His saints are happy.

"He doesn't judge and we are noone to judge"

He has appointed Dharam Rai to JUDGE us on the basis of our Man Bach Karam (Thoughts, Sayings and Deeds). If he doesn't judge anyone, then how will he punish someone for sinning? However, if you mean his love isn't affected because of religion, caste etc then I am WITH you on this. And yes, WE are noone to judge.

Seriously? We are in the Bandhan of Lakh Chaurasi and Maaya. Only those Bhagti waala Mahapurush are free of Maaya. 

ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਬੰਧਨ ਤੇ ਮੁਕਤਾ ॥
ਬ੍ਰਹਮਗਿਆਨੀ (ਮਾਇਆ ਦੇ) ਬੰਧਨਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਆਜ਼ਾਦ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ, 
The God-conscious being is free from entanglements.

"The  judgemental fools who fight each other in gurdwarras over petty egotistical matters are noone to listen to or follow."

I don't think it is wrong to be judgemental as long as we are judging in the light of Gurbani. If we don't judge practices of others, then infiltration of Anti Gurmat practices in Khalsa Panth would be really easy. We should not judge on the basis of irrelevant things but also keep a check in light of Gurmat. Eg judging someone's avastha on the basis of physical/outer Rehat. And fights are obviously not a solution. Healthy Debates with quoting points from Gurbani is needed.

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh 

Are you saying he loves murderers and rapists and naam abhyaasis equally?

A mother loves her child unconditionally, even if the're a plonker. The respect level just differs. He loves unconditonally. Some bhagats become so after janams and janams of sinning. Noone is perfect, everyone is the Same, just on different stages of their journey's. God is the great forgiver, don't forget people such as Sajjan Thug the serial killer who became a Bhagat.

"He doesn't judge and we are noone to judge"

He has appointed Dharam Rai to JUDGE us on the basis of our Man Bach Karam (Thoughts, Sayings and Deeds). If he doesn't judge anyone, then how will he punish someone for sinning? However, if you mean his love isn't affected because of religion, caste etc then I am WITH you on this. And yes, WE are noone to judge.

It's the law of Truth that we reap what we sow. It doesn't mean He's being judgemental of us. We have been given freedom of choice. Tell me how many times have you messed up in the 5 thieves of lust, anger, greed, envy and jealousy, ego and attachment? Are you perfect? All is perfect and all is Karam. 

"Seriously? We are in the Bandhan of Lakh Chaurasi and Maaya. Only those Bhagti waala Mahapurush are free of Maaya."

Maya is an illusion, it's not real. If you really claim to follow and believe in Gurbani, then you would humble yourself enough to acknowledge that Parbrahm is everyone, everything, everywhere, and that there is only One. It's a khel, a game. When you start to see beyond duality, you begin to stop getting sucked into it. It's One, the demon, the angel, the good and bad, its all Nothing, an illusion, just Truth, God. We are Nothing, we are noone to judge when all is karam/ hukam. 

8 hours ago, Lioness1 said:

A mother loves her child unconditionally, even if the're a plonker. The respect level just differs. He loves unconditonally. Some bhagats become so after janams and janams of sinning. Noone is perfect, everyone is the Same, just on different stages of their journey's. God is the great forgiver, don't forget people such as Sajjan Thug the serial killer who became a Bhagat.

I believe he loves all but gives more love to his bhagats. He loves everyone but it is we who don't want to be with him because we don't realize the reality and think this world is our destination. Also because he loves all, he always gives a second chance to us to do bhagti.

8 hours ago, Lioness1 said:

Tell me how many times have you messed up in the 5 thieves of lust, anger, greed, envy and jealousy, ego and attachment? Are you perfect? All is perfect and all is Karam. 

I am a moorakh and not at all perfect. And not ALL is Karam.

The karams which you are referring to are Sanchit and Prahlabdh karams. It is because of these karams that some are born poor, some are born with missing body parts etc. The reaction to these karams are our Vartman Karams. And we are JUDGED on the basis of these karams. If we don't have enough naam Kamaayi, then on the basis of all these karams our joon is decided.

We don't realize the reality that Vaheguru is everywhere and he's an ocean and the creation is water drops. And because we are living in this illusion, we end up doing bad karams.

9 hours ago, Lioness1 said:

It's a khel, a game.

ਕਰਮ ਧਰਮ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ ਚਉਪੜਿ ਸਾਜਹੁ ਸਤੁ ਕਰਹੁ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ ਸਾਰੀ ॥
Let righteous actions be your gameboard, and let the truth be your dice.

ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਜੀਤਹੁ ਐਸੀ ਖੇਲ ਹਰਿ ਪਿਆਰੀ ॥੨॥
Conquer sexual desire, anger, greed and worldly attachment; only such a game as this is dear to the Lord. ||2||

When you start to see beyond duality, you begin to stop getting sucked into it

Yes, but only rare gursikhs reach their avastha when they just live as a drishta (spectator) and realizes that only Akaal Purakh is the karta (doer) and bhugta (don't know the word).

We are Nothing, we are noone to judge when all is karam/ hukam. 

We are noone to judge but the system of Joons (which are based on naam Kamaayi and karams) operates under hukam of Vaheguru.

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh 

@Trimandeep Singh  You might have heard that the word "VAHEGURU" is made up of 4 Mantars.

V - stands for VASUDEV

H - stands for HARI

G - stands for GOBIND

R - stands for RAAM

Now, the mantar for Kaljug is "RAAM", but Sri Satguru jee gave us "VAHEGURU" mantar. This also possibly gives us an indication that a person, might be able to get the GURMANTAR of "RAAM" from a non-Sikh Brahamgyani (his GURU) and attain Sachkhand.

Even Gurbani talks about the greatness of the RAAM mantar. Please see below.

Please note: Two AKHARS in the below verse can also be interpreted as "VAHE" and "GURU". That would apply to Sikhs. Now the question is, who is the recipient of the "RAAM" Mantar?

Below are excerpts from Gurbani Arth Bhandar Pothi and Amir Bhandar Teeka.

image.png.eb0f21eb6b22e28236a411cc8d88b2aa.png

image.png.4654aaaaf4f15304b953f447b8819b86.png

Bhul chuk maaf

On 6/1/2021 at 6:24 AM, Trimandeep Singh said:

ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਕੀ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਬਰਸੀ ॥

One of the meanings of Amrit is Naam.

ਨਉ ਨਿਧਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ॥

Bhul chuk maaf

When I asked you to quote a pankti from Gurbani which supports Brahmgyani giving naam, you replied given as above. To that, I replied,

In the first pankti, it doesn't say that Brahmgyani can give naam. With the sight or glance of Brahmgyani, one receives amrit varkha (kirpa) of guru sahib to go on the right path.

In second pankti, guru sahib says one receives nine treasures by meditating on naam. One receives everything when one japs naam.

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh 

Please can you get meanings of the panktis you quoted from any teekas of Panthic Accepted Scholars?

Trimandeep Singh

Well, Amrit can refer to NAAM. There is no doubt about it.

Below is from Amir Bhandar Teeka.

image.png.b3dd7b7f228cf1ba7c1fe05e2cbc6be8.png

Bhul chuk maaf

4 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Below is from Amir Bhandar Teeka.

image.png.b3dd7b7f228cf1ba7c1fe05e2cbc6be8.png

Bhul chuk maaf

@Trimandeep Singh - Also, please look at the Arth of the verse below by Gyani Harbans Singh jee

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਬਾਣੀ ਅਮਿਉ ਰਸੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਉ ॥

ਹੇ ਭਾਈਓ! ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ) ਬਾਣੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਹੈ, (ਇਸ ਦਾ) ਸੁਆਦ ਵੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਹੈ, (ਅਤੇ) ਹਰੀ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਵੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਹੈ।

Bhul chuk maaf

28 minutes ago, paapiman said:

I said that meanings certain words should be substituted with caution and according to theme of the Shabad.

Trimandeep Singh 

@paapiman I will just ask you these questions which can help in further debate and move from one sub topic to another in a systematic way. You can also ask.

Q1. Do you agree purpose of human life is to do bhagti and get Mukti? 

Q2. Those who get mukti will only land up in Sachkhand right? 

Q3. Without Naam, can anyone get Mukti? 

Q4. If a non Sikh worships Hindu Devi Devte like Shiv Ji, Krishna Ji, Durga Ji etc, then can he get Mukti? 

Q5. Can anyone become Brahmgyani without getting naam? 

Q6. According to you, are Hindu Devi Devte in Sachkhand? 

Q7. If people were already being liberated before coming Of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, then why did he come on earth? 

Q8. What to do you think naam daan is? Is it simply telling someone to recite a mantar or instilling naam within someone through a method? 

Q9. Is there only one Satguru which is Guru Nanak Dev Ji according to Gurbani? Or in Gurbani, Brahmgyanis have also been referred to as Satguru?

Do answer these and ask me also if you want to which can help us in debating. 

Dhanvaad 

Trimandeep Singh 

6 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

@paapiman I will just ask you these questions which can help in further debate and move from one sub topic to another in a systematic way. You can also ask.

Q1. Do you agree purpose of human life is to do bhagti and get Mukti? 

Q2. Those who get mukti will only land up in Sachkhand right? 

Q3. Without Naam, can anyone get Mukti? 

Q4. If a non Sikh worships Hindu Devi Devte like Shiv Ji, Krishna Ji, Durga Ji etc, then can he get Mukti? 

Q5. Can anyone become Brahmgyani without getting naam? 

Q6. According to you, are Hindu Devi Devte in Sachkhand? 

Q7. If people were already being liberated before coming Of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, then why did he come on earth? 

Q8. What to do you think naam daan is? Is it simply telling someone to recite a mantar or instilling naam within someone through a method? 

Q9. Is there only one Satguru which is Guru Nanak Dev Ji according to Gurbani? Or in Gurbani, Brahmgyanis have also been referred to as Satguru?

Do answer these and ask me also if you want to which can help us in debating. 

Dhanvaad 

Trimandeep Singh 

Nice. Lemme play. Let's see..

1. Which human? Ultimately yes, but generally no. 

2. Various locs depending on type of Mukte. 

3. Akal chooses who gets Mukti. Sometimes an animal is given it. For most of us it will require Naam in a Manmukhi Jeev. 

4. A Devte can only help you be like themself. 

5. All Brahmgyanis use some form of Naam. We are blessed with Sat Naam. 

6. No.

7. Very few were liberated, many were suffering. He was always going to come in Kalyug. 

8. Both, but I think it helps a great deal to have experience and guidance in method most definitely. 

9. Only Guru Nank Dev Ji as we know him. He has many close creations who do similar work.

It'll be really cool to see what the initial consensus is and focus on the remaining things like you said Hanji. 

19 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Nice. Lemme play. Let's see..

1. Which human? Ultimately yes, but generally no. 

2. Various locs depending on type of Mukte. 

3. Akal chooses who gets Mukti. Sometimes an animal is given it. For most of us it will require Naam in a Manmukhi Jeev. 

4. A Devte can only help you be like themself. 

5. All Brahmgyanis use some form of Naam. We are blessed with Sat Naam. 

6. No.

7. Very few were liberated, many were suffering. He was always going to come in Kalyug. 

8. Both, but I think it helps a great deal to have experience and guidance in method most definitely. 

9. Only Guru Nank Dev Ji as we know him. He has many close creations who do similar work.

It'll be really cool to see what the initial consensus is and focus on the remaining things like you said Hanji. 

Nice Bhai sahib. I think we have similar vichar and understanding of Gurbani.

Trimandeep Singh 

On 6/4/2021 at 7:48 AM, Trimandeep Singh said:

Daas is not completely sure about it, but, IMHO, Naam Daan could possibly refer to implanting a Mantar by a GURU (OR PANJ PYARE) into the subconscious mind of a spiritual seeker.

Now, it depends on the Mantar, on how far will that particular seeker go in spirituality.

For example, RAAM* Mantar is very powerful (as it is CLEARLY evident from Gurbani). So, therefore, a seeker who does Simran of it (WITHOUT any desires in mind), with utmost love, devotion, concentration, etc, can possibly reach Sachkhand.

* - The seeker has to think of RAAM as the ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR, which resides in ALL humans.

Bhul chuk maaf