General knowledge

Fizz786

Say Sri Akal,

hello all, I hope you are all well. I have some questions and wanted to do some research on Sikhism. 

I am hoping to go to a Gurdwara soon so I can talk to someone in person.

But in the meanwhile, I wanted to know the following things.

When did Sikhism start?

how did it begin?

Some more information on Guru Nanak Dev ji would be useful.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Sats Sri Akal Brother. Its really good that you wish to learn more about the Sikh Religion.

Here is a video by the Late Bhai Jugraj Singh Ji from Basics Of Sikhi who has made many videos on this question with answers.

Sat sri Akal,

Thank you so much. I'm a sister lol

2 hours ago, Fizz786 said:

hello,

Thank you ji, 

But does that mean you do not believe in one God if you say he is in human form? 

See, I asked some sikhs about their beliefs and one said they believe in Allah, waheguru and all Hindu Gods. 

Whereas another said they only believe in one God.

So im reading this for the first time..

I'm a Shia muslim, so I noticed some similarities between sikhism and us hence why I wish to do more research on Sikhism.

I also wish to read the Guru Granth Sahib to know more in detail only I can't read the Gurmukhi script as I am pakistani/kashmiri lol

I hope I am welcome on this forum, It is purely to learn and seek knowledge. Not bash or disrespect Sikhism. This is especially for the mods lol.

My husband was understanding of my quest to learn more knowledge which is both soothing and  a huge happiness for me.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh. 

ps I also though Waheguru literally meant one God as the literal translation is "The pure ones belong to God, victory belongs to God.

Many thanks,

Fizz786

One upside of Kalyug is that instead of the Avtar role being played by a creation of Akal Purakh, Akal Purakh themself is the Avtar directly in the Nehkahlank, or markless form. 

So instead of sending a prophet for example. They come themself to play the part. 

You could think of it as a promise to all of us. That when it is darkest, that Akal Purakh is with us the most.

This is a poor analogy, but if you had a game developer, they have devs do a lot of the administration. So in most ages, the Avtar role is a Devte. During Kalyug, the Game Maker themself has an Admin Body, and manifest directly as the eleven Guru Sahiban. So if you were to look and see what account was behind all those it's the Maker themself. While if you look at who plays other spiritual greats in the past it's not so, they have dev and player accounts. 

The Guru Sahiban first demonstrated at length how to play the game according to Hukam, and then published the Ultimate Guide to the Truth on the Truth, in the form of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Gurbani, and Vaaraan. 

14 hours ago, Fizz786 said:

hello,

Thank you ji, 

But does that mean you do not believe in one God if you say he is in human form? 

See, I asked some sikhs about their beliefs and one said they believe in Allah, waheguru and all Hindu Gods. 

Whereas another said they only believe in one God.

So im reading this for the first time..

I'm a Shia muslim, so I noticed some similarities between sikhism and us hence why I wish to do more research on Sikhism.

I also wish to read the Guru Granth Sahib to know more in detail only I can't read the Gurmukhi script as I am pakistani/kashmiri lol

I hope I am welcome on this forum, It is purely to learn and seek knowledge. Not bash or disrespect Sikhism. This is especially for the mods lol.

My husband was understanding of my quest to learn more knowledge which is both soothing and  a huge happiness for me.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh. 

ps I also though Waheguru literally meant one God as the literal translation is "The pure ones belong to God, victory belongs to God.

Many thanks,

Fizz786

Sister, welcome to the forum.

All the members have already explained so I don't have much to say.

Just to add, we don't say God only exists in human form. He is omnipresent, pervading everywhere. It's just that to liberate fools like us, he had to take some form to reveal the divine message and tell us the way to get liberated. So he took human form and came upon this earth as Guru Nanak Dev Ji, our first guru. From then, the jot (light) of Vaheguru Ji in Guru Nanak Dev Ji kept on transferring between different bodies. Our 10 Gurus are immortal and beyond the cycle of birth and death but the human body (deh) is temporary so, the soul/light kept transferring from body to body and our last Guru in human form was our 10th Guru, Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj. 

(From Guru Granth sahib Ji) ਜੋਤਿਓਹਾਜੁਗਤਿਸਾਇਸਹਿਕਾਇਆਫੇਰਿਪਲਟੀਐ॥
They shared the One Light and the same way; the King just changed His body.

Vaheguru is formless in whom we merge back and our 10 gurus are Vaheguru only but in different form. Our guru sahib currently viraajmaan (sitting on the Throne) is Guru Granth Sahib Ji who is 'Shabad Guru' of the Sikhs.

We only believe in Vaheguru. Our first mantar, Mool Mantar describes him beautifully in just a few words.

ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
One Universal Creator God. The Name Is Truth. Creative Being Personified. He has No Fear. He has No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth and Death, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace.

As Paapiman Ji said, we respect the prophets of other religions but don't worship them. Sikhism says that they were also the creation of Vaheguru. And we are supposed to worship the creator, not his creation, who is a small element of his wondrous plays.

Please forgive any mistakes.

Trimandeep Singh

On 5/23/2021 at 2:33 PM, Fizz786 said:

Say Sri Akal,

hello all, I hope you are all well. I have some questions and wanted to do some research on Sikhism. 

When did Sikhism start?

how did it begin?

Thank you.

Resptected Bhen Ji,

The dream you have essential is a Blessed vision of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj, further the following dargahi approach may be helpful for you if you wish to further your spiritual journey, while remaining a loyal Muslim at shariat level, you can broaden your devotional love for Allah and have Sri Guru Maharaj Ji's Blessings.

In the possession of this unique Parshad, Divine Ticket, thousands of His disciples including Sikhs, Hindus and Muslims migrated from far off places to the other side during partition of 1947 but not even a single one of them suffered even a slightest bruise

D
ivinely commissioned and appointed by His great Master to spread the gospel of Sri Guru GranthSahib, He set out to scatter that unique flavour far and wide, the like of which has not been seen so far, and is far beyond the limits of human endeavour.

He unfolded the Supreme grandeur of Sri Guru Granth Sahib splendidly and glorified the eternal Sri Guru Granth Sahib as the living Guru Nanak magnificently. Blessing of Sri Guru Granth Sahib was supreme and He advised everyone to invoke that blessing by completing one path of Sri Guru Granth Sahib in a month in the following manner:

• Complete recitation of the whole of Sri Guru Granth Sahibin a month.
  • Complete 50 paths of Sri Sukhmani Sahib in a month; recite 2 paths of Sri Sukhmani Sahib daily.
  • Complete 250 paths of Jap Ji Sahib in a month; recite 10 paths of JapJi Sahib daily.
  • Complete 180 Malas (Rosary Mala of 108 beads) of Mool Mantra (from Ekonkar to Nanak Hosi Bhi Such) in a month; do six malas daily.
  • Complete 80 Malas daily of Gur Mantar 'Waheguru'; 20 Malas of Waheguru if the Nam is recited four times on each bead.
  • Complete 160 Malas daily of Ram (Nam); 40 Malas if Ram is recited four times on each bead
  • A Mohammedan was advised to practice and recite the name of Allah on each bead as above.

Hundreds of crores of Sri Guru Granth Sahib's paths were thus distributed as the most blessed Parshad to millions of devotees in His life time and are continuing uninterrupted since then.

Many many Blessings.

On 5/23/2021 at 2:33 PM, Fizz786 said:

Say Sri Akal,

When did Sikhism start?

how did it begin?

Thank you.

image.thumb.png.5de84176049d3750e147bb1d0fa1fa8c.png

50 minutes ago, mahanpaapi said:

Resptected Bhen Ji,

The dream you have essential is a Blessed vision of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj, further the following dargahi approach may be helpful for you if you wish to further your spiritual journey, while remaining a loyal Muslim at shariat level, you can broaden your devotional love for Allah and have Sri Guru Maharaj Ji's Blessings.

In the possession of this unique Parshad, Divine Ticket, thousands of His disciples including Sikhs, Hindus and Muslims migrated from far off places to the other side during partition of 1947 but not even a single one of them suffered even a slightest bruise

D
ivinely commissioned and appointed by His great Master to spread the gospel of Sri Guru GranthSahib, He set out to scatter that unique flavour far and wide, the like of which has not been seen so far, and is far beyond the limits of human endeavour.

He unfolded the Supreme grandeur of Sri Guru Granth Sahib splendidly and glorified the eternal Sri Guru Granth Sahib as the living Guru Nanak magnificently. Blessing of Sri Guru Granth Sahib was supreme and He advised everyone to invoke that blessing by completing one path of Sri Guru Granth Sahib in a month in the following manner:

• Complete recitation of the whole of Sri Guru Granth Sahibin a month.
  • Complete 50 paths of Sri Sukhmani Sahib in a month; recite 2 paths of Sri Sukhmani Sahib daily.
  • Complete 250 paths of Jap Ji Sahib in a month; recite 10 paths of JapJi Sahib daily.
  • Complete 180 Malas (Rosary Mala of 108 beads) of Mool Mantra (from Ekonkar to Nanak Hosi Bhi Such) in a month; do six malas daily.
  • Complete 80 Malas daily of Gur Mantar 'Waheguru'; 20 Malas of Waheguru if the Nam is recited four times on each bead.
  • Complete 160 Malas daily of Ram (Nam); 40 Malas if Ram is recited four times on each bead
  • A Mohammedan was advised to practice and recite the name of Allah on each bead as above.

Hundreds of crores of Sri Guru Granth Sahib's paths were thus distributed as the most blessed Parshad to millions of devotees in His life time and are continuing uninterrupted since then.

Many many Blessings.

Thank you so much. I agree. I am learning to seek knowledge not to convert. 

On 5/24/2021 at 6:55 PM, Fizz786 said:

Sat sri Akal,

Thank you so much. I'm a sister lol

Are you sure? 

There are hordes of pervert muslim blokes who seem to prey on vulnerable females (especially underage ones) of other communities. How do we know that you aren't one of them? 

And if there is any sister who would actually PM some random muslim over the internet - they must be retarded. 

And the rest of you here - don't be retarded and put any of our sisters under any potential risk.

12 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Are you sure? 

There are hordes of pervert muslim blokes who seem to prey on vulnerable females (especially underage ones) of other communities. How do we know that you aren't one of them? 

And if there is any sister who would actually PM some random muslim over the internet - they must be retarded. 

And the rest of you here - don't be retarded and put any of our sisters under any potential risk.

Good point bro. Going to the Gurudwara to meet more than one female at a time ought to make us and her husband rest more assured.