Can Rehraas Sahib be done before 5:30 p.m?

37 minutes ago, Samarbir Singh said:

WJKK WJKF

Hello Gurmukh Jio, is doing Rehraas sahib allowed to be don’t before 5:30 as I hit the gym and then play sports so please let me if i can. Are you to do Rehraas after 3 p.m?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

WJKK WJKF Veer Ji. You can do paath of Sri Rehraas Sahib before 11pm as i heard in katha track. The UK Sikh media play the paath sharp at 5pm but dass tries before 11pm.

11 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

WJKK WJKF Veer Ji. You can do paath of Sri Rehraas Sahib before 11pm as i heard in katha track. The UK Sikh media play the paath sharp at 5pm but dass tries before 11pm.

WJKK WJKF

Daas is going to try to do 4-5 hours of simran as when summer break comes I will have about 2 and half months off and I’ll be free all day. But I also need to get my body right so working out will be essential. So Im just trying to figure my schedule out.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Just now, Samarbir Singh said:

WJKK WJKF

Daas is going to try to do 4-5 hours of simran as when summer break comes I will have about 2 and half months off and I’ll be free all day. But I also need to get my body right so working out will be essential. So Im just trying to figure my schedule out.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

WJKK WJKF Veer ji. Its really good what you have planned as thats the best way to do as much simran and paath as you can. Guru Sahib Ji will do Kirpa on you and its best to do ardas before starting the simran jaap as Guru Ji will help.

Working out at the gym is a really idea as it will help a lot as the body does need to be in good health to do simran and banis nitnem.

1 hour ago, Samarbir Singh said:

WJKK WJKF

Hello Gurmukh Jio, is doing Rehraas sahib allowed to be don’t before 5:30 as I hit the gym and then play sports so please let me if i can. Are you to do Rehraas after 3 p.m?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

wjkk wjkf

Bro, Sri Rehraas Sahib must be done AFTER sunset and it must be completed before 11 pm.

Bhul chuk maaf

Daas has heard from Gursikhs that Sri Rehraas Sahib should be done during sunset after doing Panj Ishnaana. 

Also, I don't know why Giani ji says it's okay before 11 pm. If you were like really busy or by chance forgot doing it, then atleast you shouldn't miss it and do it with dhyaan and in the ardaas after Sri Rehraas Sahib (as per hukam of Guru Sahib), ask for forgiveness.

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh 

On 5/27/2021 at 12:23 AM, paapiman said:

Gursikhs of AKJ?

Does AKJ matter? A jatha may be 100yrs old but the gyaan one receives from Guru Granth sahib Ji is eternal and universal. If you have any problem with AKJ or it's Maryada (Raagmaala) then please put forward. We shouldn't reject one's opinion just because he/she follows a different Maryada (accepted within Panth). Also you can't ignore AKJ's contribution for chardikala of Panth.

On 5/27/2021 at 12:25 AM, paapiman said:

Gyani jee probably meant DON'T do it after 11 pm.

It is not recommended to do rehraas sahib late because of guru sahib's hukam in Rehatnamey. If still someone misses the evening, one should not just leave it but ask for forgiveness in following Ardaas. Nitnem is hukam. And if you do it after 11pm, will something bad happen? Paath will always benefit us.

"Har Ko Naam Sada Sukhdaayi"

However, doing it at the recommended time helps in more Kamaayi. But I am of the opinion no matter what, one should not leave the Nitnem (heard Bhai Pinderpal Singh Ji also say this).

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh 

6 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

Does AKJ matter? A jatha may be 100yrs old but the gyaan one receives from Guru Granth sahib Ji is eternal and universal. If you have any problem with AKJ or it's Maryada (Raagmaala) then please put forward. We shouldn't reject one's opinion just because he/she follows a different Maryada (accepted within Panth). Also you can't ignore AKJ's contribution for chardikala of Panth.

Daas has respect for the chardikala wale Gurmukhs that belong to AKJ. Their opinion must also be taken into consideration, but there is no harm in asking a question. When someone says "I talked to some Gursikhs", the other person has the right to ask, to which Jathebandi those Gursikhs belong to.

You can talk to 10 different scholars, but if all of them are connected to Missionary colleges or AKJ, it is possible that they will have similar opinions. 

IMHO, we must always take the opinion of the PURATAN Sampradas very seriously.

Bhul chuk maaf

7 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

And if you do it after 11pm, will something bad happen? Paath will always benefit us.

There are recommended timings for certain Paaths. Like for example, the morning Nitnem must NOT be done after sunset. If you miss it, do it the next day.

Also, at times, we must recite Gurbani according to the occasion too. Don't be doing the Paath of SRI AHLANIYAN SAAB on a birthday celebration (at a Gurudwara) of a child and then say Paath will always benefit us. 

JFYI (you might already know this), SRI AHLANIYAN SAAB is recited after the SASKAAR of a person is done.

Bhul chuk maaf

15 hours ago, paapiman said:

Can you please provide evidence?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

ਠੰਢੇ ਪਾਣੀ ਜੋ ਨਹੀ ਨ੍ਹਾਵੈ ॥ 
If he does not take bath in cold water,

ਬਿਨੁ ਜਪੁ ਪੜੈ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਜੋ ਖਾਵੈ ॥
 And without reading Jap, takes his food, (25) 

ਬਿਨੁ ਰਹਰਾਸਿ ਸਮਾਂ ਜੋ ਖੋਵੈ ॥
Without saying Rehras, passes the evening,

ਕੀਰਤਨ ਬਿਨੁ ਰੈਨਿ ਜੁ ਸੋਵੈ ॥੧੭॥ 
Without reciting Keertan (Sohila) goes to sleep. (26)

ਚੁਗਲੀ ਕਰਿ ਜੋ ਕਾਜ ਬਿਗਾਰੈ ॥
 Through back-biting if he gets his way through,

ਧ੍ਰਿਗ ਤਿਸੁ ਜਨਮੁ ਜੁ ਧਰਮੁ ਬਿਸਾਰੈ ॥
 Cursed is his birth if he forgets the righteousness.(27)

ਕਰੈ ਬਚਨ ਜੁ ਪਾਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ॥
One who stands not by his words,

ਕਹੈ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਤਿਸੁ ਠੌਰਿ ਕਤ ਨਾਹੀ ॥੧੮॥
 Says Gobind Singh, he is honoured nowhere. (28)

From Tankhahnaama, Bhai Nand Lal Ji 

Trimandeep Singh 

15 hours ago, paapiman said:

There are recommended timings for certain Paaths. Like for example, the morning Nitnem must NOT be done after sunset. If you miss it, do it the next day.

Also, at times, we must recite Gurbani according to the occasion too. Don't be doing the Paath of SRI AHLANIYAN SAAB on a birthday celebration (at a Gurudwara) of a child and then say Paath will always benefit us. 

JFYI (you might already know this), SRI AHLANIYAN SAAB is recited after the SASKAAR of a person is done.

Bhul chuk maaf

First of all, Nitnem is to be done at Amrit Vela. If someone does it after sunset, then he will get less benefit but what is the harm? Which mahapurush says you can't do after sunset? If someone is feeling low or under the influence of 5 vikaars in the evening then one may read nitnem banis because they are an effective heavy dose.

Second, even if you read Sri Ahalaniyaan on a birthday, will the person die? I think it would be good to read this bani on a birthday, reminding one that you are ageing and your death is near so better read more bani and do more Simran and Sewa. I wouldn't believe it if one says it will NOT benefit in any way. Blessed is that time and blessed is that person who sings bani. The thing bani is talking about doesn't matter much but if it talks about current situation then it is better. 

One more thing, bani can also be used to express emotions. I would not recommend singing this Shabad on a funeral 

"Lakh Khushiaan Patshaayian Je Satgur Nadar Karey"

Because this is not a moment of happiness.

Also, I am not contradicting the point of Ahalaniyaan. The bani talks about hukam of guru sahib, accepting it, the inevitable death and uselessness of grieving over a bound-to-happen thing. It is still relevant on a birthday.

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh 

13 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

First of all, Nitnem is to be done at Amrit Vela. If someone does it after sunset, then he will get less benefit but what is the harm? Which mahapurush says you can't do after sunset? If someone is feeling low or under the influence of 5 vikaars in the evening then one may read nitnem banis because they are an effective heavy dose.

Gyani Thakur Singh jee said that the Morning Nitnem must NOT be done after sunset.

If a person is feeling low in the evening, he/she can recite other Gurbanis.

Sri Mool Mantar, Sri Gurmantar and Sri Sukhmani saab have no time restrictions.

Bhul chuk maaf

14 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

Second, even if you read Sri Ahalaniyaan on a birthday, will the person die? I think it would be good to read this bani on a birthday, reminding one that you are ageing and your death is near so better read more bani and do more Simran and Sewa. I wouldn't believe it if one says it will NOT benefit in any way. Blessed is that time and blessed is that person who sings bani. The thing bani is talking about doesn't matter much but if it talks about current situation then it is better. 

One more thing, bani can also be used to express emotions. I would not recommend singing this Shabad on a funeral 

"Lakh Khushiaan Patshaayian Je Satgur Nadar Karey"

Because this is not a moment of happiness.

Also, I am not contradicting the point of Ahalaniyaan. The bani talks about hukam of guru sahib, accepting it, the inevitable death and uselessness of grieving over a bound-to-happen thing. It is still relevant on a birthday.

The way you are proving that Sri AHLANIYAN SAAB is relevant on a birthday, in a similar way reading the shabad "Lakh Khushiaan Patshaayian Je Satgur Nadar Karey" can be proven to be relevant on a funeral too.

The main point here is that we MUST choose Gurbani Shabads WISELY, according to the occasion.

Daas is NOT denying that reading SRI AHLANIYAN SAAB WON'T have any benefit at a Birthday celebration.

Bhul chuk maaf

13 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

First of all, Nitnem is to be done at Amrit Vela. If someone does it after sunset, then he will get less benefit but what is the harm?

Some Gurbanis probably have the recommended timing mentioned in the Gurbani itself.

Like for example,, in SRI ATH CHANDI CHARITAR USTAT BARNNAN, it states

ਜਗੈ ਰੈਣਿ ਜੋਗੀ ਜਪੈ ਜਾਪ ਯਾ ਕੋ ॥

And that Yogi, who repeats it, keeping awake throughout the night,

ਧਰੈ ਪਰਮ ਜੋਗੰ ਲਹੈ ਸਿਧਤਾ ਕੋ ॥੪॥੨੬੦॥

He will attain supreme Yoga and miraculous powers.4.260.

Bhul chuk maaf

14 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

ਬਿਨੁ ਰਹਰਾਸਿ ਸਮਾਂ ਜੋ ਖੋਵੈ ॥
Without saying Rehras, passes the evening,

ਕੀਰਤਨ ਬਿਨੁ ਰੈਨਿ ਜੁ ਸੋਵੈ ॥੧੭॥ 
Without reciting Keertan (Sohila) goes to sleep. (26)

ਚੁਗਲੀ ਕਰਿ ਜੋ ਕਾਜ ਬਿਗਾਰੈ ॥
 Through back-biting if he gets his way through,

Thanks bro for sharing the above verse.

Even though off-topic, did you observe a mistake in the third line above?

It should say - The one who spoils/destroys others works, through back-biting.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 5/31/2021 at 9:41 AM, paapiman said:

If you read "Lakh Khushiaan Patshaayian Je Satgur Nadar Karey" at a funeral, will a person become ALIVE?

Bhul chuk maaf

I wanted to say what is the harm of reading the bani on a birthday because I thought that you were saying it will not benefit. (will the person die?) You cleared it after.

And, when did I say read it to make someone alive? This response is irrelevant and illogical.

Trimandeep Singh 

On 5/31/2021 at 9:38 AM, paapiman said:

The way you are proving that Sri AHLANIYAN SAAB is relevant on a birthday, in a similar way reading the shabad "Lakh Khushiaan Patshaayian Je Satgur Nadar Karey" can be proven to be relevant on a funeral too.

Please tell how this is related to a funeral, particularly encouraging us to accept hukam and not grieve? 

Trimandeep Singh 

1 hour ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

Please tell how this is related to a funeral, particularly encouraging us to accept hukam and not grieve? 

Trimandeep Singh 

Please read that Shabad completely. You will probably understand. It even talks about death at the end.

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

And, when did I say read it to make someone alive? This response is irrelevant and illogical.

You said this FIRST:

"Second, even if you read Sri Ahalaniyaan on a birthday, will the person die?"

AFTERWARDS, Daas said this:

If you read "Lakh Khushiaan Patshaayian Je Satgur Nadar Karey" at a funeral, will a person become ALIVE?

Bhul chuk maaf

15 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Please read that Shabad completely. You will probably understand. It even talks about death at the end.

Bhul chuk maaf

ਨਾਨਕ ਬਧਾ ਘਰੁ ਤਹਾਂ ਜਿਥੈ ਮਿਰਤੁ ਨ ਜਨਮੁ ਜਰਾ ॥੪॥੬॥੭੬॥
Nanak builds his house upon that site where there is no death, no birth, and no old age. ||4||6||76||

Here Guru Sahib is talking about death or the greatness of Guru Nanak Dev Ji? 

Trimandeep Singh