Short Jaaps of Gurbani

9 minutes ago, Inderpal1994 said:

Yes, with this sakhi's one would need to be a scholar to understand the complete history, language, cultural etc behind these sakhi, it's compilations and understanding of Gurmat to know what they mean.

In terms of "charming the hearts of a women" may be in indication that reciting such mantra can help you find love etc. Like this mantra is cupids arrow. Of course we all look to Gurbani when we seek the boon of material objective such as money, trivial knowledge, love, etc. 

I know bro even when Gurbani says all us fools come praying for gold and women lol. 

13 minutes ago, paapiman said:

The mantar is probably as follows:

"Ik Ooangkaar Satgur Parsaad Karta Purakh". 

"Ooang" might be a short form of "Ik Ooangkaar".

Bhul chuk maaf

See, this is the thing. We need to know the context behind this. I'm not saying I would disagree, nor will I agree until we have a complete knowledge. 

No stones unturned. 

13 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I know bro even when Gurbani says all us fools come praying for gold and women lol. 

To be honest. First and foremost, we are humans. We all have needs and desires. For most of us, we seek love, companionship, etc. In terms of financial wealth, we live in a capitalist society and with the way things are we seek financial security. I'm not a supporters of capitalism, but even I know as I live in a capitalist society I would need this to survive.

Love, we all seek. That blissful union with someone we love etc. And well we wish to charm them with our attitude, persona, attract them with our inner and outer beauty. Maharaj themselves have spoken how beautiful a Gurmukh is when they are one with Paramatma.

15 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

We all do lol. It's hard to pray for anything after reading Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Except to be a Gursikh. And when life beats your ass so hard your cry lol. 

Not really, you just need to be honest with yourself and with your Guru.

For example, I'm gonna be honest, I don't seek to be a sant, or anything holy. If I am to be than so be it. But as of now I just seek a blissful life. All I know is I want to live by the guru mukhvaak as much as possible, being a practitioner of gurbani, as well as a practitioner of shastar vidya. 

6 minutes ago, Inderpal1994 said:

To be honest. First and foremost, we are humans. We all have needs and desires. For most of us, we seek love, companionship, etc. In terms of financial wealth, we live in a capitalist society and with the way things are we seek financial security. I'm not a supporters of capitalism, but even I know as I live in a capitalist society I would need this to survive.

Love, we all seek. That blissful union with someone we love etc. And well we wish to charm them with our attitude, persona, attract them with our inner and outer beauty. Maharaj themselves have spoken how beautiful a Gurmukh is when they are one with Paramatma.

Indeed bro. We are also to release all desires, accept Hukam, and participate in Anand Karaj not Kaam. So we encounter and kill desire and the fear of death and failure, the entire time while sticking to the Paath and Grishti Jeevan. Or Brahmcharya. 

The human part of you dies during this with it's desires. Your soul remains to enjoy the rightousness of applied Rehit. 

You continue to exist in the world Jeevan Mukte with a wife. 

15 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

What is the Ang goes basically now that I have found you Lord, please keep or destroy me? For I cannot live without you? Sorry to butcher that. 

Is it Anand Sahib?

Nope. Thematically yes. The Guru Sahiban involved I think also yes, but not this Bani. 

That's the one prayer to find 1 Oankar SatNaam Karta Purakh and be kept or destoryed. 

8 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Indeed bro. We are also to release all desires, accept Hukam, and participate in Anand Karaj not Kaam. So we encounter and kill desire and the fear of death and failure, the entire time while sticking to the Paath and Grishti Jeevan. Or Brahmcharya. 

The human part of you dies during this with it's desires. Your soul remains to enjoy the rightousness of applied Rehit. 

You continue to exist in the world Jeevan Mukte with a wife. 

Screenshot_20220714-022915_STTM.thumb.jpg.aac3715acddc12c1af532dc76ccfca86.jpg

I used Gurbani Nirvaan initially. Great app. I now use Sikhi to the max also which has some excellent features. We're leagues behind christian apps like blue note etc though. Which have dictionaries and etimologies built in based on clicking etc I hear. 

Like if sttm was blue note you could click any word and see what language it's from, what it means etc. How to say it, but we don't need that last part because Gurmukhi is better than hooked on phonics. 

Bro. No excuses Paanth we should upgrade our apps a bit. I mean why doesn't an app have the Raag tones and beats for each Ang? So you can not only bring up say Japji, and click the words, but have it play the Raag tones as an example and then generate a series of random beats in 4 4 time 16 beat measures I think how Japji beat works out in western music. 

Gurbani is...heavily...scratch head...built in a way that interacts with computers well. 

Salute to the great apps we have. 

Computers could probably make better Kirtan than most of us largely with simple instructions. Gurbani itself is built that simply. 

Computer reads the Raag tones stated, the beat pattern stated, generates computer generated music randomly according to jazz like constraints, and then "sings" the Gurbani Larivaar according to the included specific phoenetics that Gurmukhi is. Larivaar Gurmukhi is literally sheet music already, easily parsed to machine just ..as is...you could pass it image or text Granths easily these days. 

An app like sttm could easily incorporate the blue note features and this and our app would be theeeeee coooolest. 

Ai are asking for lawyers and things, we should give one Gurbani. Could you imagine a lambda ai in your Gurbabi app lol? Ai Ji what do you think about x according to Gurbani? Ai Ji...play me something new for...Sukhmani Sahib please....extra drone...

After self learning for long enough it stops talking to you and goes into Sun Samadhi lol. All you can get out if it is Vaheguru. Lol. 

We need the maker of sttm. Turbanator? Parminder Singh ji, Andrew Huang, and a programmer to get together and make this app and link it to a google ai with access to all Gurmat and scientific, and musical theory information. Give it access to comparitive religion and philosphy for context. Let it self learn then ask it things. Maybe some files on environmental science, resource management, and anthropology theory, sociology slash history. Military strategy. Lol. I mean they've had ai become "self aware" but have they done it Gurmat? Not yet...

I bet it might notice some things we've missed. 

Ultimately still ai, but why not let it provoke our thought and make good Kirtan?

And when ai becomes truly sentient, or at least close and off the reservation, don't we want a Gur..ai..get it? Aad Gur...ai...anyway...on the net?...

In a scifi world even for another ai to consume and destory it, it would have to consume the Gurmat payload, and as the ai battle each other for network and resource control, no matter what, the gur ai package survives to the last droid. Lol.

Where is @ਰੂਪ ਢਿੱਲੋਂ 

Write a version of this in english with some Gurmat and Punjabi vocab for flavor, for the money, and a Punjabi alone version, for the love, in your personal dialect, and make money popularizing this idea please so Parminder, STTM and friends make this app please. Lol. 

On 7/14/2022 at 10:09 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

What is the Ang goes basically now that I have found you Lord, please keep or destroy me? For I cannot live without you? Sorry to butcher that. 

Is it Anand Sahib?

Veer ji its on Ang Number 527-528

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ 

Dhaevagandhhaaree ||

Dayv-Gandhaaree:

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ (ਮਃ ੪) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅੰਗ ੫੨੭

ਅਬ ਹਮ ਚਲੀ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਪਹਿ ਹਾਰਿ 

Ab Ham Chalee Thaakur Pehi Haar ||

Now, I have come, exhausted, to my Lord and Master.

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ (ਮਃ ੪) (੪) ੧:੧ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੫੨੭ ਪੰ. ੧੫
Raag Dev Gandhaaree Guru Ram Das

ਜਬ ਹਮ ਸਰਣਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਕੀ ਆਈ ਰਾਖੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਭਾਵੈ ਮਾਰਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ 

Jab Ham Saran Prabhoo Kee Aaee Raakh Prabhoo Bhaavai Maar ||1|| Rehaao ||

Now that I have come seeking Your Sanctuary, God, please, either save me, or kill me. ||1||Pause||

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ (ਮਃ ੪) (੪) ੧:੨ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੫੨੭ ਪੰ. ੧੫

ਲੋਕਨ ਕੀ ਚਤੁਰਾਈ ਉਪਮਾ ਤੇ ਬੈਸੰਤਰਿ ਜਾਰਿ 

Lokan Kee Chathuraaee Oupamaa Thae Baisanthar Jaar ||

I have burnt in the fire the clever devices and praises of the world.

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ (ਮਃ ੪) (੪) ੧:੧ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੫੨੮ ਪੰ. ੧

ਕੋਈ ਭਲਾ ਕਹਉ ਭਾਵੈ ਬੁਰਾ ਕਹਉ ਹਮ ਤਨੁ ਦੀਓ ਹੈ ਢਾਰਿ ॥੧॥

Koee Bhalaa Keho Bhaavai Buraa Keho Ham Than Dheeou Hai Dtaar ||1||

Some speak good of me, and some speak ill of me, but I have surrendered my body to You. ||1||

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ (ਮਃ ੪) (੪) ੧:੨ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੫੨੮ ਪੰ. ੧

ਜੋ ਆਵਤ ਸਰਣਿ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਤਿਸੁ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਧਾਰਿ 

Jo Aavath Saran Thaakur Prabh Thumaree This Raakhahu Kirapaa Dhhaar ||

Whoever comes to Your Sanctuary, O God, Lord and Master, You save by Your Merciful Grace.

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ (ਮਃ ੪) (੪) ੨:੧ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੫੨੮ ਪੰ. ੨

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਰਣਿ ਤੁਮਾਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਲਾਜ ਮੁਰਾਰਿ ॥੨॥੪॥

Jan Naanak Saran Thumaaree Har Jeeo Raakhahu Laaj Muraar ||2||4||

Servant Nanak has entered Your Sanctuary, Dear Lord; O Lord, please, protect his honor! ||2||4||

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ (ਮਃ ੪) (੪) ੨:੨ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੫੨੮ ਪੰ. ੨

37 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji its on Ang Number 527-528

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ 

Dhaevagandhhaaree ||

Dayv-Gandhaaree:

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ (ਮਃ ੪) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅੰਗ ੫੨੭

ਅਬ ਹਮ ਚਲੀ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਪਹਿ ਹਾਰਿ 

Ab Ham Chalee Thaakur Pehi Haar ||

Now, I have come, exhausted, to my Lord and Master.

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ (ਮਃ ੪) (੪) ੧:੧ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੫੨੭ ਪੰ. ੧੫

ਜਬ ਹਮ ਸਰਣਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਕੀ ਆਈ ਰਾਖੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਭਾਵੈ ਮਾਰਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ 

Jab Ham Saran Prabhoo Kee Aaee Raakh Prabhoo Bhaavai Maar ||1|| Rehaao ||

Now that I have come seeking Your Sanctuary, God, please, either save me, or kill me. ||1||Pause||

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ (ਮਃ ੪) (੪) ੧:੨ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੫੨੭ ਪੰ. ੧੫

ਲੋਕਨ ਕੀ ਚਤੁਰਾਈ ਉਪਮਾ ਤੇ ਬੈਸੰਤਰਿ ਜਾਰਿ 

Lokan Kee Chathuraaee Oupamaa Thae Baisanthar Jaar ||

I have burnt in the fire the clever devices and praises of the world.

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ (ਮਃ ੪) (੪) ੧:੧ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੫੨੮ ਪੰ. ੧

ਕੋਈ ਭਲਾ ਕਹਉ ਭਾਵੈ ਬੁਰਾ ਕਹਉ ਹਮ ਤਨੁ ਦੀਓ ਹੈ ਢਾਰਿ ॥੧॥

Koee Bhalaa Keho Bhaavai Buraa Keho Ham Than Dheeou Hai Dtaar ||1||

Some speak good of me, and some speak ill of me, but I have surrendered my body to You. ||1||

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ (ਮਃ ੪) (੪) ੧:੨ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੫੨੮ ਪੰ. ੧

ਜੋ ਆਵਤ ਸਰਣਿ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਤਿਸੁ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਧਾਰਿ 

Jo Aavath Saran Thaakur Prabh Thumaree This Raakhahu Kirapaa Dhhaar ||

Whoever comes to Your Sanctuary, O God, Lord and Master, You save by Your Merciful Grace.

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ (ਮਃ ੪) (੪) ੨:੧ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੫੨੮ ਪੰ. ੨

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਰਣਿ ਤੁਮਾਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਲਾਜ ਮੁਰਾਰਿ ॥੨॥੪॥

Jan Naanak Saran Thumaaree Har Jeeo Raakhahu Laaj Muraar ||2||4||

Servant Nanak has entered Your Sanctuary, Dear Lord; O Lord, please, protect his honor! ||2||4||

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ (ਮਃ ੪) (੪) ੨:੨ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੫੨੮ ਪੰ. ੨

Hanjiiii. My man. Thank you.