Just started reading Sukhmani Sahab

23 hours ago, Gurukripakarin said:

Since I do not know how to read or write punjabi but I know how to speak it, my mother got Sukhmani Sahab translated in hindi from a gurudwara at Amritsar.

Welcome to the forum brother/sister.

Why don't you take Santheya (learning the proper pronunciation, pauses, etc) of Sri Sukhmani Sahib jee?

Bhul chuk maaf

On 5/29/2021 at 11:37 AM, paapiman said:

Welcome to the forum brother/sister.

Why don't you take Santheya (learning the proper pronunciation, pauses, etc) of Sri Sukhmani Sahib jee?

Bhul chuk maaf

Thankyou.

With all due respect veer ji,

I don't know what Santheya is and how and where to get it, I have Sri Sukhmani Sahab jee in hindi and I just read it.

Bhul chuk maaf.

On 5/29/2021 at 11:38 AM, paapiman said:

You can do Sri Sukhmani Sahib jee in multiple sittings. Try to stop at the end of an Ashatpadi, when you decide to stop after a sitting.

Bhul chuk maaf

Thankyou

With all due respect,

Haanji I do that, I stop after an Ashtpadi but I've been reading the same three or 4 Ashtapadi's from past few days in order to see if I'd be able to learn the meaning, I do understand some lines but there are many lines that have me confused and I think if I'd just complete the Paath all in one sitting without even getting the meaning of single line, just rushing it, it won't be great to do that.

On 5/29/2021 at 11:42 AM, paapiman said:

You can recite (or listen to) Gurbani, even if you don't understand it. Gurbani has PARAS KALA in it. It will still benefit you.

But, IMHO, you should learn the arths too. In this way, you will probably enjoy doing the Paath more.

Bhul chuk maaf

Thankyou,

Haanji I want to learn the meaning too because I think that way I will enjoy it more and will receive more peace and thankyou for letting me know about PARAS KALA, definitely felt a little relieved as I was worried.

Bhul chuk maaf.

On 5/30/2021 at 6:19 AM, Soulfinder said:

First of all Dass would like to welcome you onto this great website. You are very similar to me as when dass started to do learn gurbani nitnem banis I always used english roman script then use a audio tracks to learn all of the sounds. Which is quite similar to how you described reading the bani in Hindi. There are a few really good apps which offer both punjabi and hindi versions of the banis. 

You are on the right track and may Guru Sahib Ji do kirpa on you

Screenshot_20210530-014632_Google Play Store.jpg

Thankyou,

Haanji, I am so grateful that you replied and I will definitely take a look at the apps.

And thankyou for saying may guru sahib ji do kirpa on me as I do really need that.

I am an 18 years old girl right now and I am looking forward to go on this track if not slowly but as much as I can with my faith.

On 5/30/2021 at 6:42 PM, mahanpaapi said:

image.thumb.png.5dc37a6e8546248c4650966ed43750ac.png

image.thumb.png.4e4760f3af954d90b448cecb3f74f807.png

In the possession of this unique Parshad, Divine Ticket, thousands of His disciples including Sikhs, Hindus and Muslims migrated from far off places to the other side during partition of 1947 but not even a single one of them suffered even a slightest bruise

D
ivinely commissioned and appointed by His great Master to spread the gospel of Sri Guru GranthSahib, He set out to scatter that unique flavour far and wide, the like of which has not been seen so far, and is far beyond the limits of human endeavour.

He unfolded the Supreme grandeur of Sri Guru Granth Sahib splendidly and glorified the eternal Sri Guru Granth Sahib as the living Guru Nanak magnificently. Blessing of Sri Guru Granth Sahib was supreme and He advised everyone to invoke that blessing by completing one path of Sri Guru Granth Sahib in a month in the following manner:

• Complete recitation of the whole of Sri Guru Granth Sahibin a month.
  • Complete 50 paths of Sri Sukhmani Sahib in a month; recite 2 paths of Sri Sukhmani Sahib daily.
  • Complete 250 paths of Jap Ji Sahib in a month; recite 10 paths of JapJi Sahib daily.
  • Complete 180 Malas (Rosary Mala of 108 beads) of Mool Mantra (from Ekonkar to Nanak Hosi Bhi Such) in a month; do six malas daily.
  • Complete 80 Malas daily of Gur Mantar 'Waheguru'; 20 Malas of Waheguru if the Nam is recited four times on each bead.
  • Complete 160 Malas daily of Ram (Nam); 40 Malas if Ram is recited four times on each bead
  • A Mohammedan was advised to practice and recite the name of Allah on each bead as above.

Thankyou,

I just took a screenshot of the manner that's written there to read and recite gurbani and everything and I will definitely try my best to follow it as much as I can. Thankyou for providing so much of information.

Bhul chuk maaf.

3 hours ago, Gurukripakarin said:

Thankyou,

I just took a screenshot of the manner that's written there to read and recite gurbani and everything and I will definitely try my best to follow it as much as I can. Thankyou for providing so much of information.

Bhul chuk maaf.

Glad it is of any help. many many Maharaj Ji's Blessings, if you any question or clarification just pm me.

On 6/1/2021 at 6:23 PM, Gurukripakarin said:

Thankyou.

With all due respect veer ji,

I don't know what Santheya is and how and where to get it, I have Sri Sukhmani Sahab jee in hindi and I just read it.

Bhul chuk maaf.

Santheya mean to learn the correct pronunciation, pauses, etc, in Gurbani.

Please do check the link below.

Sukhmani Sahib Part-1 - YouTube

Bhul chuk maaf

On 5/28/2021 at 2:36 AM, Gurukripakarin said:

from the paath "prabh ke simran ridh sidh nau nidh" which I keep repeating throughout the day as much as I can. 

Which one do you like doing more sis?

Reciting the above verse over and over again.

OR

Doing Paath of some Ashtpadis of SRI SUKHMANI SAAB JEE.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 6/1/2021 at 6:31 PM, Gurukripakarin said:

Thankyou,

Haanji I want to learn the meaning too because I think that way I will enjoy it more and will receive more peace and thankyou for letting me know about PARAS KALA, definitely felt a little relieved as I was worried.

Bhul chuk maaf.

If you understand Punjabi, then you can listen to the Katha of SRI SUKHMANI SAAB JEE.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 5/29/2021 at 4:12 PM, paapiman said:

You can recite (or listen to) Gurbani, even if you don't understand it. Gurbani has PARAS KALA in it. It will still benefit you.

But, IMHO, you should learn the arths too. In this way, you will probably enjoy doing the Paath more.

Bhul chuk maaf

What is "Paras Kala", i hope its not more wahm param superstition. 

On 6/5/2021 at 2:20 AM, KingTarunjotYT said:

What is "Paras Kala", i hope its not more wahm param superstition. 

ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਸਾਂਤਿ ਸਤਿ ਬੁਧਿ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਪਾਰਸ ਪਰਸ ਪਰਾ ॥

Bhul chuk maaf