Just started reading Sukhmani Sahab

On 6/1/2021 at 11:39 PM, Gurukripakarin said:

I am an 18 years old girl right now and I am looking forward to go on this track if not slowly but as much as I can with my faith.

@Gurukripakarin Welcome to this forum. It is good karma that you are getting interested in Gurbani at this very sensitive age. 

I remember when first time I read Sukhmani Sahib, I read from  Gutka Steek  (translation of gurbani panktis into plain sentence) and it took me all day.  I was about 16-17 years that time and it was mind opening experience. I was wondering how come Guru Arjan Dev Ji know this much. Try to read one ashtpadi at a time if that helps , use apps or online books or you tube or mp3  whatever suits you.  Sometime we like the style of particular author or kathavachak, just follow them instead of looking for the best one.  

I bought the Sukhmani Sahib with meaning book, using highlighter and reading one Ashtpadi or less at a time with meanings. I am trying to absorb the meaning, not merely  reading. 

On 6/4/2021 at 7:18 AM, paapiman said:

Which one do you like doing more sis?

Reciting the above verse over and over again.

OR

Doing Paath of some Ashtpadis of SRI SUKHMANI SAAB JEE.

Bhul chuk maaf

I like to do both, I keep reciting this verse because that way I have guru's name with me everytime, I mean I don't know if that means anything or it's gonna benefir me in any way or not because I don't care about the benefit, I care about having guru ji by my side that's all! Ofcourse I have some wishes which I would love to be fullfilled but doing the Paath and reciting the verse, it helps me to atleast calm my mind a little. Maybe if I will be able to learn an entire ashtapadi someday, I will recite it throughout the day. I am still doing the paath and I listen to the paath and read it at the same time, the ashtpadi that I don't know how to recite well, I just listen to them and try to catch up with the words, I get lost sometimes, feel hard to concentrate as many unwanted thoughts pop up in my head for no reason at all but I just don't want to stop doing the Paath and I will keep doing it as long as I can and as long as guruji wants me to, I would never stop I guess, maybe busy schedules in future will be the thorns in my spiritual journey but I will take out time in any time of the day to read atleast one ashtpadi, that is for sure and I hope I keep my word on this.

On 6/11/2021 at 2:44 AM, Kaur10 said:

Please search 'menstruation ' on this forum.  I personally don't think it matters in current times as very good hygiene products are available. Menstruation is God gifted , i would not refrain from patth due to this reason. 

Just keep going in this direction,  read sakhis , biographies, gurbani, forum articles and all this would build up the foundation for trust and love.  Use gurbani kirtan audio during free time or while traveling/excercising etc. 

Slow and steady wins the race. Build up your routine.  

Thankyou for informing, though I never stopped doing the paath, I just didn't used to do it from the holy book, instead I used to read it on this mobile phone and yes I am trying my best, and with people like you that are trying to help me and guide me, I feel even more supported and blessed! so thankyou so much.

May Waheguru ji bless every single one of you.

On 6/8/2021 at 6:23 PM, Gurukripakarin said:

I like to do both, I keep reciting this verse because that way I have guru's name with me everytime, I mean I don't know if that means anything or it's gonna benefir me in any way or not because I don't care about the benefit, I care about having guru ji by my side that's all! Ofcourse I have some wishes which I would love to be fullfilled but doing the Paath and reciting the verse, it helps me to atleast calm my mind a little. Maybe if I will be able to learn an entire ashtapadi someday, I will recite it throughout the day. I am still doing the paath and I listen to the paath and read it at the same time, the ashtpadi that I don't know how to recite well, I just listen to them and try to catch up with the words, I get lost sometimes, feel hard to concentrate as many unwanted thoughts pop up in my head for no reason at all but I just don't want to stop doing the Paath and I will keep doing it as long as I can and as long as guruji wants me to, I would never stop I guess, maybe busy schedules in future will be the thorns in my spiritual journey but I will take out time in any time of the day to read atleast one ashtpadi, that is for sure and I hope I keep my word on this.

Here are a few Shabads (along with their benefits) from Sri Sukhmani saab, which are mentioned in the Shardha Puran Granth.

image.png.15c262438f51af82a1109ef31d130617.png

image.png.04e320ff890026e519afa6f7b28eb26c.png

image.png.6156c545f442bc73a08c2320caffde82.png

image.png.e6fc77cd34785650e6c3221292b1a19c.png

image.png.8c4c661d36fc1311acc6b9cf86e0fd38.png

Bhul chuk maaf

On 6/19/2021 at 8:04 PM, paapiman said:

Here are a few Shabads (along with their benefits) from Sri Sukhmani saab, which are mentioned in the Shardha Puran Granth.

image.png.15c262438f51af82a1109ef31d130617.png

image.png.04e320ff890026e519afa6f7b28eb26c.png

image.png.6156c545f442bc73a08c2320caffde82.png

image.png.e6fc77cd34785650e6c3221292b1a19c.png

image.png.8c4c661d36fc1311acc6b9cf86e0fd38.png

Bhul chuk maaf

Thankyoh so much for sharing this but I don't know how to read or write in punjabi, I do know how to speak it. I Have Sri Sukhmani Sahib in hindi and that's how I am able to read it, and that's also a major reason why I don't reallh understand meaning of each and every shlok or ashtpadi. However I just downloaded an app today so that I can understand the meaning in hindi too!

122094842_Screenshot_20210621-040404_OneUIHome.thumb.jpg.e9d80656ddf6167ed1738749827d8c17.jpg

I don't really think I am doing very well at reciting guruji's name and sometimes it makes me feel bad but I am trying my best not to give up. Thankyou for helping me out though.

Bhul chuk maaf.

19 hours ago, Gurukripakarin said:

I don't really think I am doing very well at reciting guruji's name and sometimes it makes me feel bad but I am trying my best not to give up.

Don't worry too much sis. Just keep reciting Gurbani with love, devotion, concentration, etc.

Bhul chuk maaf

19 hours ago, Gurukripakarin said:

Thankyoh so much for sharing this but I don't know how to read or write in punjabi, I do know how to speak it. I Have Sri Sukhmani Sahib in hindi and that's how I am able to read it, and that's also a major reason why I don't reallh understand meaning of each and every shlok or ashtpadi. However I just downloaded an app today so that I can understand the meaning in hindi too!

122094842_Screenshot_20210621-040404_OneUIHome.thumb.jpg.e9d80656ddf6167ed1738749827d8c17.jpg

I don't really think I am doing very well at reciting guruji's name and sometimes it makes me feel bad but I am trying my best not to give up. Thankyou for helping me out though.

Bhul chuk maaf.

If you want, Daas can translate the Bidhi of the Jaaps, which were posted above.

Bhul chuk maaf