Question on going back to sikhism after reverting

Hi I have read few discussions of converting but I need some help as I took shahada when I didnt really want to. I didnt want to change religion. How do I go back to my own. I don't believe in all this. Apologies it is too long to explain. People say different things to try make me feel bad. We all make mistakes. I'm not against Islam at all. I like all religions.  I wanted to ask the questions online on sikh forums but couldn't find any. I am sikh BTW. Please don't judge

• 1 year later...

I'm surprised no one has answered this. But, hey let me give it ago.

Honestly, the fact that you don't believe in another religion is already the step you are taking to be away from it teaching. The same would be applied with any other Dharam, philosophy etc. When you don't accept it, you've pretty my rejected it and everything within its relation.

Now, if you want to get back into sikhi, it's quite simple. Do simran, recite bani, do seva etc. There is nothing super special needed to be done to become a sikh. If you have faith in the teachings of sikhi etc you have consciously "reverted" back into sikhi.

I'd also suggest to find and be in the company of sangat to help you to reconnect with sikhi.

I hope this helps. I understand this answers may seem to read vague and simple, but it truly what it is. It's all about faith and belief.

On 5/28/2021 at 9:30 AM, MissBx said:

Hi I have read few discussions of converting but I need some help as I took shahada when I didnt really want to. I didnt want to change religion. How do I go back to my own. I don't believe in all this. Apologies it is too long to explain. People say different things to try make me feel bad. We all make mistakes. I'm not against Islam at all. I like all religions.  I wanted to ask the questions online on sikh forums but couldn't find any. I am sikh BTW. Please don't judge

One love family. Welcome home. All good. You can easily become a Sikh as many others have. All doors open to you. Thank you for being here and posting. Wonderful Sangat here. Very knowledgeable. 

36 minutes ago, Inderpal1994 said:

I'm surprised no one has answered this. But, hey let me give it ago.

Honestly, the fact that you don't believe in another religion is already the step you are taking to be away from it teaching. The same would be applied with any other Dharam, philosophy etc. When you don't accept it, you've pretty my rejected it and everything within its relation.

Now, if you want to get back into sikhi, it's quite simple. Do simran, recite bani, do seva etc. There is nothing super special needed to be done to become a sikh. If you have faith in the teachings of sikhi etc you have consciously "reverted" back into sikhi.

I'd also suggest to find and be in the company of sangat to help you to reconnect with sikhi.

I hope this helps. I understand this answers may seem to read vague and simple, but it truly what it is. It's all about faith and belief.

No idea how I missed this post originally. That's sad.