SoDar pauri in Japji Sahib and Rehraas Sahib

On 6/8/2021 at 8:27 AM, Trimandeep Singh said:

Does anyone know the reason why there is a difference between So Dar pauris in Sri Japji Sahib and Sri Rehraas Sahib?

Like, 

ਗਾਵਹਿ ਤੁਹਨੋ ਪਉਣੁ ਪਾਣੀ ਬੈਸੰਤਰੁ ਗਾਵੈ ਰਾਜਾ ਧਰਮੁ ਦੁਆਰੇ ॥
The praanic wind, water and fire sing; the Righteous Judge of Dharma sings at Your Door.

ਗਾਵਨਿ ਤੁਧਨੋ ਪਵਣੁ ਪਾਣੀ ਬੈਸੰਤਰੁ ਗਾਵੈ ਰਾਜਾ ਧਰਮੁ ਦੁਆਰੇ ॥
Wind, water and fire sing of You. The Righteous Judge of Dharma sings at Your Door.

And we all know there are minor differences in almost all panktis of So Dar pauri in both banis.

Dhanvaad 

Trimandeep Singh 

There's a couple of explanations for this.  My knowledge of gurmukhi grammar is quite basic but I can try and explain in terms of english grammar.

1) In english grammar we have  " Present simple tense" and "Present continuous tense". However, the"so-dar" doesn't fall under this explanation strictly but is probably the nearest that I could explain relative to english. 

Present simple tense is like saying "the angels SING at the door" and Present continuous would be "the angels ARE singing or DO sing at your door" . The latter is more like a confirmation as to say yes, they are singing at the door. In rehraas, the So-dar is relative to Guru Nanak actually being there himself as he did during those 3 days in the river Bein.

In Japji, it could be instruction from GOD to say "Gāvahi cẖiṯ gupaṯ likẖ jāṇėh likẖ likẖ ḏẖaram vīcẖāre"  Chitr Gupt and Dharamraj  who record your accounts SING there, whereas in Rehraas it is the confirmation that the angels are singing to 'YOU'  See below the extra ਤੁਧਨੋ  is in Rehraas, meaning 'you' . Therefore, it's not an instruction from God as the sentences are from a second person stood at the actual door.

ਗਾਵਨਿ ਤੁਧਨੋ ਚਿਤੁ ਗੁਪਤੁ ਲਿਖਿ ਜਾਣਨਿ ਲਿਖਿ ਲਿਖਿ ਧਰਮੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੇ ॥
Gāvan ṯuḏẖno cẖiṯ gupaṯ likẖ jāṇan likẖ likẖ ḏẖaram bīcẖāre.
Chitr and Gupt, the angels of the conscious and the subconscious who keep the record of actions, and the Righteous Judge of Dharma who reads this record, sing of You.

2) There's also been some slightly different explanations like Japji is the early morning instruction from GOD that we should read before beginning gristi day and then in evening, the Rehraas is a thank you and direct addressing to GOD from us in order to thank him for completing the day. so we say say ਗਾਵਨਿ ਤੁਧਨੋ

3) I'm sure that many gurmukhs on the spiritual ladder have their own understandings as per avastha. Gurbani applies with different messages from same panktees to individuals as per their avasthas (spiritual status).

also totally agree with @GurjantGnostic explanation below. 

Gurbani can't be ambiguous and each pangtee has to be assigned to specific ang. We have Guru Arjan dev jees 'seal' of mundavni as well as the manner it was compiled in order to keep it's authenticity intact. 

14 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I heard in Katha that essentially identical parts of Gurbani always have minor differences to distinguish them, so that if you read it, you can find the exact occurence in Gurbani and not be confused which, and when reciting Gurbani it doesn't trick you into losing your place and skipping to another Ang out of habit. 

I'm not sure if that's relevant Hanji. 

22 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Ah. Here's some. This isn't the whole or exact Katha. Maybe later or in part 2 he finishes. The beginning of this does speak to it though. 

Oh thanks ji. Bhai Jagraj Singh Ji was the first parcharak I listened too. 🤗

Trimandeep Singh