Tattoo and Sikhi

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Today I watched this video in which a so called Giani, Barjinder Singh Parwana got a tattoo of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwaale on his arm, as a response to Shiv Sena's propaganda against him. Shiv Sena members celebrate the 'shaheedi' of Dushts Indira Gandhi, Beant Singh, General AS Vaidya and army soldiers who were killed by Khalsa Fauj during Operation Blue Star. 

I don't think this is a good response according to Gurmat. Tattoos require the hairs to be shaved first plus it's altering the appearance given to us by Vaheguru Ji. This Barjinder Singh Parwana studied Gurmat at Damdami Taksaal Rajpura and was active during Farmers Protest in India. I wonder why he thinks it is okay to have a tattoo.

Sangat here is requested to give points why Tattoos are manmat according to Sikhi so that a 'bhatka hoyea' Sikh/seeker can be saved from doing this.

Daas,

Trimandeep Singh 

1 hour ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

Today I watched this video in which a so called Giani, Barjinder Singh Parwana got a tattoo of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwaale on his arm, as a response to Shiv Sena's propaganda against him. Shiv Sena members celebrate the 'shaheedi' of Dushts Indira Gandhi, Beant Singh, General AS Vaidya and army soldiers who were killed by Khalsa Fauj during Operation Blue Star. 

I don't think this is a good response according to Gurmat. Tattoos require the hairs to be shaved first plus it's altering the appearance given to us by Vaheguru Ji. This Barjinder Singh Parwana studied Gurmat at Damdami Taksaal Rajpura and was active during Farmers Protest in India. I wonder why he thinks it is okay to have a tattoo.

Sangat here is requested to give points why Tattoos are manmat according to Sikhi so that a 'bhatka hoyea' Sikh/seeker can be saved from doing this.

Daas,

Trimandeep Singh 

9 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

Daas,

Trimandeep Singh 

Can a Tattoo be made without shaving the hair?

If yes, then IMHO, there is no harm in getting a Tattoo.

Bhul chuk maaf

I dont think we should get tattoos. Why do we condemn ear piercings nose piercings etc. Tattoos are the same thing. Sant Gurbachan Singh ji Bhindranwale in Gurbani Path Darshan also forbid Tattoos. We”re just altering the body given to us by Maharaj.

46 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Can a Tattoo be made without shaving the hair?

If yes, then IMHO, there is no harm in getting a Tattoo.

Bhul chuk maaf

I think a lot of Sikhs avoid it, seeing it as ritual piercing. Tattooed skin loses the ability to breath, and in extreme cases this does kill the persons liver then themself. 

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

Are you serious? Proven by science?

Bhul chuk maaf

Yeah. Yakuza suits are as much as you can take without dying. And they say it knocks 20 off their life. 

That little clear patch they leave down the center on the front is not only to conceal the suit under japanese business attire but so they don't die.