Sarabloh and Bibek Maryadas

4 hours ago, paapiman said:

IMHO, it is not a Mandatory Rehat. 

It is extremely difficult for any ordinary Amritdhari Sikh to follow all the Rehats (mentioned in all the Puratan Rehatname).

Even, the Singhs from Gurmat Bibek don't follow all the Rehats.

Bhul chuk maaf

This myth/popular opinion that some rehats are mandatory and some are optional is not in line with Gurmat.

Either it is Rehat or it is not. Simple. And nowhere in any of the Rehatnamey, is it mentioned that 'this' Rehat is optional.

A Sikh should try to do Kamaayi of all Rehats and hukams or at least strive to follow them.

Even, the Singhs from Gurmat Bibek don't follow all the Rehats.

I think they are one of the most dedicated gursikhs today who are doing so much for the panth. I don't think they are dhille in following any Rehat. They are Panj Granthi nitnemis, 24/7 baana even at work, strict sarblohis, always are adorned with Shastars and other strict Rehats. If you think Jhatka,havan etc is REHAT then please give evidence from Rehatnamey. As per my knowledge, they are not a HUKAM of guru sahib. (They are also against Jhatka and Havan)

Trimandeep Singh 

13 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

This myth/popular opinion that some rehats are mandatory and some are optional is not in line with Gurmat.

Either it is Rehat or it is not. Simple. And nowhere in any of the Rehatnamey, is it mentioned that 'this' Rehat is optional.

Have you read all the Puratan Rehatname? It is extremely difficult for ordinary Amritdhari Sikhs to follow all the injunctions in them.

Some Rehats are mandatory like having the 5K's with you. You cannot compare that with Sarabloh Rehat.

Bhul chuk maaf

13 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

I think they are one of the most dedicated gursikhs today who are doing so much for the panth. I don't think they are dhille in following any Rehat. They are Panj Granthi nitnemis, 24/7 baana even at work, strict sarblohis, always are adorned with Shastars and other strict Rehats. If you think Jhatka,havan etc is REHAT then please give evidence from Rehatnamey. As per my knowledge, they are not a HUKAM of guru sahib. (They are also against Jhatka and Havan)

Let's discuss this in another topic.

Bhul chuk maaf

13 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

Even Brahmgiani Mahapurush can have slightly different rehits and maryadas according to their personal avastha. You cannot say one is superior to another. 

For example, Baba Nand Singh Ji and Baba Ishar Singh Ji only had prashada after doing partakh bhog to partakh Guru Nanak Sahib ji everyday. Now try applying that maryada/rehit to others...no one would be able to follow that. Its a khed of prem. 

Rehits/Maryada are there to guide you not entangle, you cannot say sarblohi marayda should be enforced upon everyone and you are not a Sikh until then. 

@Trimandeep Singh I know you are influenced by AKJ, so your views align accordingly, and you are welcome to do that. 

Please don't make Sikhi a set of rigid rules, that no one can follow. 

The most important aspect of Sikhi is Naam Japna, and Love, the rehit will outflow accordingly. 

I didn't say one is superior to another. Not at all. One can never be superior to another just because one follows more Rehat. But why do you think one has to follow Rehat according to one's personal avastha? If you are saying one should deliberately follow particular Rehats and leave others then please explain this. Naam is treasure and Rehat is protection. We should try to follow as much hukams guru sahib as we can. But Kamaayi of some Rehats does depend on avastha.

For example, Baba Nand Singh Ji and Baba Ishar Singh Ji only had prashada after doing partakh bhog to partakh Guru Nanak Sahib ji everyday. Now try applying that maryada/rehit to others...no one would be able to follow that. Its a khed of prem. 

Having Partakh darshan of Guru sahib is a Rehat????? Well guru sahib says one should japp naam 24/7. But this isn't a Rehat! One can only reach this avastha after a lot of abhyaas and guru sahib's kirpa. However, guru sahib has also ordered us to not eat anything before reciting Nitnem Banis in Rehtanamey. You can say that before having darshan of Dhur ki Baani, we can't have food. So, technically we also eat food after talking with guru sahib (reading bani).

Rehits/Maryada are there to guide you not entangle, you cannot say sarblohi marayda should be enforced upon everyone and you are not a Sikh until then. 

Well this was said in one of the articles I pasted and I clearly said that I DON'T agree with this because Baba Nand Singh Ji was a Brahmgyani who was NOT a sarblohi. As long as one abstains from bajjar qurehits, one can call himself a Sikh. If one doesn't read nitnem, amritvela, keep 5 kakaars then he is a TANKHAIYA.

This is my opinion that one remains in the panth until a bajjar qurehit is committed.

This is what is wrote Bhai sahib.

Well, the opinion of Bhai sahib Randhir Singh Ji on high avastha gursikhs who keep less Rehat is absolutely on point. However, the motive of this article (written by X gursikh) was to prove that without sarbloh, one cannot reach brahmgyan.

I do not completely agree with this because Nanaksar Mahapurush were not strict sarblohis and as per my knowledge, ate from non Sikhs also. Not sure of this but they did reach brahmgyani avastha. But 'Khalse di Roti Beti di Saanjh Khalse Naal' is mandatory Rehat of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

@paapiman @Ragmaala Was Baba Nand Singh Ji a sarblohi? Did he also eat from the hands non amritdharis? 

Please don't make Sikhi a set of rigid rules, that no one can follow. 

The most important aspect of Sikhi is Naam Japna, and Love, the rehit will outflow accordingly. 

Well I am still firm on the point that all Rehats are mandatory. However Kamaayi of some rehats like dietary bibek, Amrit Vela, sarbloh, gurmukhi baana can only be done when one reaches a certain avastha with kirpa of Guru sahib.

And obviously you are right in saying that Naam is the most important. Without naam Kamaayi, Rehat is useless because when you have no treasure then what's the use of protecting it? 

Bhul chuk maaf

Trimandeep Singh 

Have you read all the Puratan Rehatname? It is extremely difficult for ordinary Amritdhari Sikhs to follow all the injunctions in them.

Some Rehats are mandatory like having the 5K's with you. You cannot compare that with Sarabloh Rehat.

Bhul chuk maaf

No I haven't read all of them. I was doing a lot of research 7-8 months back but then switched to reading about Jeevanis of gursikhs.

I agree that it will be difficult for newly initiated Sikhs to follow Rehats like sarbloh or simply, dietary bibek. But I would like to request you to see this not in the view of current situation but puraatan times.

In puraatan times the abhilakhis were blessed with Amrit only when they would successfully complete their Sewa/task given by Panj Pyaare. Eg: doing a lot of sewa of Panth and listening to one Akhand Paath sahib was a condition for the abhilakhis in times of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji. Same was with Nihang Samprada. Different tasks/sewa were  given to test their longing to become 'Guru Ka Sikh'.

Do you think in today's times, people who take Amrit actually give their heads to Satguru? It is because of this that they live their life in their own comfort zone. Once we have submitted our head to Satguru, we have to live according to his hukam and follow Rehat. When one gives his head, then the question of not following any hukam should not even arise.

Leave sarbloh but we don't even strive to follow the hukams of guru sahib which are verified and authentic. The whole Panth does not agree on sarbloh being Rehat of guru sahib, fine. But atleast we should follow Rehats which are clear cut mentioned in Rehatnamey and all of these ARE MANDATORY. And they are not much difficult to follow. Some difficult rehats like Dietary bibek are MANDATORY and one should strive to follow it if not fully following it. 

But these are again my opinions. I am not a rehitvaan Sikh. Whatever that I wrote applies to me too and I accept my dhill in following Rehat.

Trimandeep Singh 

4 minutes ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

No I haven't read all of them. I was doing a lot of research 7-8 months back but then switched to reading about Jeevanis of gursikhs.

I agree that it will be difficult for newly initiated Sikhs to follow Rehats like sarbloh or simply, dietary bibek. But I would like to request you to see this not in the view of current situation but puraatan times.

In puraatan times the abhilakhis were blessed with Amrit only when they would successfully complete their Sewa/task given by Panj Pyaare. Eg: doing a lot of sewa of Panth and listening to one Akhand Paath sahib was a condition for the abhilakhis in times of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji. Same was with Nihang Samprada. Different tasks/sewa were  given to test their longing to become 'Guru Ka Sikh'.

Do you think in today's times, people who take Amrit actually give their heads to Satguru? It is because of this that they live their life in their own comfort zone. Once we have submitted our head to Satguru, we have to live according to his hukam and follow Rehat. When one gives his head, then the question of not following any hukam should not even arise.

Leave sarbloh but we don't even strive to follow the hukams of guru sahib which are verified and authentic. The whole Panth does not agree on sarbloh being Rehat of guru sahib, fine. But atleast we should follow Rehats which are clear cut mentioned in Rehatnamey and all of these ARE MANDATORY. And they are not much difficult to follow. Some difficult rehats like Dietary bibek are MANDATORY and one should strive to follow it if not fully following it. 

But these are again my opinions. I am not a rehitvaan Sikh. Whatever that I wrote applies to me too and I accept my dhill in following Rehat.

Trimandeep Singh 

Please post the above message in the other topic.

Following All Rehatname - Sikhi | Questions and Answers - SikhAwareness Forum

Bhul chuk maaf

On 6/14/2021 at 1:59 AM, Trimandeep Singh said:

Food eaten is plastic aluminuim steel is devastting to health but collects negative energy from atmosphere that is kalyug

What's the next best metal, which can be used, after Sarabloh?

Steel has an Iron concentration of 98 to 99%. Can we use steel, if in case we cannot use Sarabloh?

Bhul chuk maaf

On 6/16/2021 at 3:56 AM, paapiman said:

What's the next best metal, which can be used, after Sarabloh?

Steel has an Iron concentration of 98 to 99%. Can we use steel, if in case we cannot use Sarabloh?

Bhul chuk maaf

Sarbloh counts as a steel. It's not cast iron or pig iron. It's high carbon steel. It's not alloyed, the carbon is that present before refining. 

Sarbloh should be used whenever possible, and is essential certain items be Sarbloh, but when substituting containers and things, glass, ceramic or most metals, not aluminum, are better than plastic. 

It seems Sarbloh really is iron in multiple forms. We wouldn't bat an eye at a cast iron skillet, but clearly cast iron isn't the Sarbloh of weapons. 

If Sarbloh is one thing it's steel made from pure iron. Or purified iron. 

If I was going to substitute an alloy of steel for weapons for Sarbloh I'd try silicate steel from generators as my second choice. 

If I was subbing for drink and food containers it'd be copper. 

There is something special about Sarbloh that can't be replaced, especially dietarily. 

The resulting quality of wepons historically indicates to me, some master Sikilgars were involved with forging and tempering practices probably lost largely to time. The effect Purtan Shastars had on imperial weapons and armor makes the Sarbloh then more like Damascus or Katana quality steel. It was probably smelted and forged repeatedly, and the edges were probably hardened with softer cores through the tempering. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It is not compulsory for Sikhs to keep Sarbloh bibek, I remember a sakhi that I read in Anand Chamatkaar and was told to my family by behengam Singhs that steel and clean utensils,covering face and daadi,clean rasoi,reciting baani or gurmantar while preparing food is the maryada while preparing parshada thaal for guru jee. I know for a fact that Sarbloh rehat is not compulsory because I have seen a pooran mahapurkh eat food in non sarbloh utensil.

Bhul Chuk Maaf 

Sat kartar

21 minutes ago, Guransh SIngh said:

It is not compulsory for Sikhs to keep Sarbloh bibek, I remember a sakhi that I read in Anand Chamatkaar and was told to my family by behengam Singhs that steel and clean utensils,covering face and daadi,clean rasoi,reciting baani or gurmantar while preparing food is the maryada while preparing parshada thaal for guru jee. I know for a fact that Sarbloh rehat is not compulsory because I have seen a pooran mahapurkh eat food in non sarbloh utensil.

Bhul Chuk Maaf 

Sat kartar

Few foods specially the sour ones get contaminated in iron vessels. Green veggies if cooked in iron vessel turns black.  .. Iron is good to cook only once a week. Excess of iron in body is also bad. 

2 hours ago, Mooorakh said:

Few foods specially the sour ones get contaminated in iron vessels. Green veggies if cooked in iron vessel turns black.  .. Iron is good to cook only once a week. Excess of iron in body is also bad. 

Sarbloh Singhs turn blue or purple and are known to be very healthy and tough. 

Our ancestors pretty much globally ate out of cast iron for a long time. 

Spinach used to have 50 times the iron it does now. 

Wile excess iron isn't good, because nothing in certain excessive amounts is good, what lengths do you have to go to for it to be excess?

On 11/3/2021 at 9:02 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

Very little is compulsory, all the same I hope to work up into Sarbloh Bibek. 

@Guransh SIngh

Even though Sarabloh Bibek is not a compulsory Rehat, Amrtidhari Sikhs must strive to become Sarabloh Bibeki one day.

Gurparsaad, Daas will also try to become a Sarabloh Bibeki one day or at least Sarablohi.

Bhul chuk maaf