Sarabloh and Bibek Maryadas

• 4 months later...
On 6/14/2021 at 12:39 PM, Soulfinder said:

@Trimandeep Singh @paapiman fellow veers dass after a quick google search found out that Budha Dal keep bibek rehat especially purtan nihang dal mahapurshs such as Baba Chet Singh Ji, Baba Mitt Singh Ji

Waheguru Ji

Nihang Singhs also keep Sarbloh Rehat. Nihangs in this video explain why 

• 4 months later...
On 6/14/2021 at 7:42 AM, paapiman said:

JFYI bro, there are two separate Rehats (Obviously, they are related to each other).

One is Sarabloh Rehat and other is Bibek Rehat.

One could be a Bibeki, and not Sarablohi and vice versa.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 6/14/2021 at 6:04 AM, Trimandeep Singh said:

TAKEN FROM 

WWW.GURMATBIBEK.COM

Sarbloh Bibek - Sarbloh Rehit as Important as 5 Kakaars

Sarbloh Rehit as Important as 5 Kakaars

Original Text: ਸਾਨੂੰ ਅਤਿਅੰਤ ਅਫਸੋਸ ਨਾਲ ਕਹਿਣਾ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਅਸਾਡੇ ਬਹੁਤ ਸਾਰੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰਕ ਜਥਿਆਂ ਨੇ ਭੀ ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਦੀ ਸਾਰ ਮੁਖੀ ਸਾਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਣੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਤਾਂ ਪੰਜ ਕਕਾਰਾਂ ਦੀ ਨਿਆਈ ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਦੀ ਰਹਿਤ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਵਣ ਲਈ ਭੀ ਜ਼ੋਰ ਦਿਤਾ ਜਾਂਦਾ। ਪਰੰਤੂ ਉਕਤ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰਕਾਂ ਵਲੋਂ ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਦੀ ਰਹਿਤ ਦਾ ਸਪਸ਼ਟ ਤੌਰ ਤੇ ਨ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਇਆ ਜਾਣਾ ਏਸ ਗੱਲ ਦਾ ਸਬੂਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਿ ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਅਸੂਲ ਹੀ ਨਹੀਂ। (Gurmat Bibek, Page 252)

Humble Translation: We have to say this with extreme disappointment that a lot of our Amrit Administering Jathas too have not recognized the supreme importance of Sarbloh otherwise, similar to Punj Kakaars, on the Rehit of Sarbloh too an emphasis would have been applied. But the failure by the aforementioned Amrit Preachers, to clearly preach the Rehit of Sarbloh, is not a proof that Sarbloh is not a Gurmat principle.

Vichaar: In the above passage Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee has made it clear that Sarbloh Bibek is a very important Gurmat principle and just because it is not widely preached and followed, is not a proof that it's not a Rehit of Guru Sahib or that we can choose to ignore it. Wearing Dastaar is a Hukam of Guru Sahib but a majority of Sikh women don't wear a Dastaar and from this we should not deduce that wearing a Dastaar is not mandatory for women. Bhai Sahib is clearly saying that Sarbloh Bibek is just as important as wearing Kakaars is.

Trimandeep Singh 

On 6/14/2021 at 1:26 PM, Trimandeep Singh said:

This myth/popular opinion that some rehats are mandatory and some are optional is not in line with Gurmat.

Either it is Rehat or it is not. Simple. And nowhere in any of the Rehatnamey, is it mentioned that 'this' Rehat is optional.

A Sikh should try to do Kamaayi of all Rehats and hukams or at least strive to follow them.

I think they are one of the most dedicated gursikhs today who are doing so much for the panth. I don't think they are dhille in following any Rehat. They are Panj Granthi nitnemis, 24/7 baana even at work, strict sarblohis, always are adorned with Shastars and other strict Rehats. If you think Jhatka,havan etc is REHAT then please give evidence from Rehatnamey. As per my knowledge, they are not a HUKAM of guru sahib. (They are also against Jhatka and Havan)

Trimandeep Singh 

do these jatha groups who claim to follow sarbloh bibek follow it properly such as drinking water from a well? In Budha Dal, I think about jeevans such baba Surjit Singh used to keep Sarbloh bibek and it was only small numbers of Singhs who keep sarbloh bibek rehit. In Canada, due to lack of wells, some Nihang Singhs keep a different bibek. I know about naamdharis in India keeping Sarbloh Bibek and drinking water from a well only.

Anyone claiming to follow Sarbloh Bibek without using water from wells is lying to us!!!

Havan is actually mentioned in Dohira read with Brahm Kavach. Jhatka and shikaar is maryada encouraged by Guru Hargobind Sahib and Guru Gobind Singh.

As evidenced from their youtube channel,  Gurmat bibek does not have a strict rehit for reading Chaupai Sahib bani and read Kabyo Baach Benti Chaupai in the same shankawadi manner as most of the rest of AKJ and also same as the minimum found in SGPC maryada. If a sikh does shanka on dasam bani and cannot even complete kabyo baach benti before Arril, and makes excuses such as the bentiyaan already being finished, then what good are trying to be strict on some other rehits? These groups think it's ok to butcher Chaupai Sahib and Raagmala because they follow vegeterianism!

The fact that they dress up as Nihang Singhs yet are not prepared to give respect to Chaupai Sahib bani as true bana wearers like Budha Dal and Tarna Dal, that is insulting and admin cut behaviour.

On 3/14/2022 at 11:04 PM, Soulfinder said:

Dass saw this on YouTube today and it looks like a amazing place

On 3/19/2022 at 4:01 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

Ooooohhhhh that's fantastic. Exactly the people you want to see running it too. Looked at their site. It's awesome. 

no you don't, they are sikhs who pretend to dress up Nihangs and going to teach these poor kids how to butcher Chaupai Sahib and do shanka of Raagmala as well! It's a shame they call it dashmesh khalsa school when they don't even respect dasam bani!

3 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

no you don't, they are sikhs who pretend to dress up Nihangs and going to teach these poor kids how to butcher Chaupai Sahib and do shanka of Raagmala as well! It's a shame they call it dashmesh khalsa school when they don't even respect dasam bani

Good points of criticism. 

But given that Nihangs don't run everything, this is a pretty solid group to have educate your children. I mean we disagree with them about three things...we disagree with white public school how many times?

6 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Good points of criticism. 

But given that Nihangs don't run everything, this is a pretty solid group to have educate your children. I mean we disagree with them about three things...we disagree with white public school how many times?

I still dunno, it's not really a good idea to go to a school that enforces a cult ideology!

13 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

As evidenced from their youtube channel,  Gurmat bibek does not have a strict rehit for reading Chaupai Sahib bani and read Kabyo Baach Benti Chaupai in the same shankawadi manner as most of the rest of AKJ and also same as the minimum found in SGPC maryada.

At least their reading the bani, which is more then what the panth is doing?  We should encourage them and build them up not destroy them.  

Someone mentioned that the length of Chaupai Sahib varies from sampradays.  The Taksali, Budha Dal and Hazur Sahib lengths are different.  Hazur Sahib has the longest and Taksali one is shortest of the three.  Is this true?

Why haven't Nihang Singhs opened their own schools. What stopping them?

19 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

I know about naamdharis in India keeping Sarbloh Bibek and drinking water from a well only.

Are you serious bro? 

Naamdhariye are also very strict in doing Keshi Ishaan (along with body) daily. 

Daas heard in a katha that they are very strict on Sucham Maryada too.

Bhul chuk maaf

6 hours ago, Sajjan_Thug said:

Someone mentioned that the length of Chaupai Sahib varies from sampradays.  The Taksali, Budha Dal and Hazur Sahib lengths are different.  Hazur Sahib has the longest and Taksali one is shortest of the three.  Is this true?

You are right (your first point). The length of Sri Chaupai saab varies for different Sampradas. Same with Sri Kirtan Sohela saab. Nanaksar and Sri Hajoor saab have a long Sri Sohela saab.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 7/29/2022 at 1:50 PM, Sajjan_Thug said:

At least their reading the bani, which is more then what the panth is doing?  We should encourage them and build them up not destroy them.  

Why haven't Nihang Singhs opened their own schools. What stopping them?

yes the extended length varies in sampradaiye, but ALL samprdaiye read ALL of kabyo baach benti section and ARRIL as well.

these other jathas+cults and SGPC won't even read the full kabyo baach benti and make excuses like "the bentiyan ran out, so we don't need to read anymore" and have printed gutkas with the bani missing and have influenced generations of sikhs into reading chaupai sahib in this shankawadi way and still influence even the current youth!

They are not just reading bani, they are influencing the wider panth with their anti-dasam granth views through chaupai sahib reading and gutkas!!!

there is a Budha Dal school in Patiala

Budha Dal Public School - Wikipedia

I find it kind of ironic that the Budha Dal School is in the former phulkian states!?!!

On 7/29/2022 at 8:00 PM, paapiman said:

Are you serious bro? 

Naamdhariye are also very strict in doing Keshi Ishaan (along with body) daily. 

Daas heard in a katha that they are very strict on Sucham Maryada too.

Bhul chuk maaf

Yes I am serious, I know about a naamdhari Singh who drinks water from well, which is what a sarbloh bibeki is supposed to drink from!

4 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

Yes I am serious, I know about a naamdhari Singh who drinks water from wa ell, which is what a sarbloh bibeki is supposed to drink from!

Thanks bro for that info. Even a Bibeki Sikh will probably drink water from a well. But was he Sarabloh Bibeki?

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

Thanks bro for that info. Even a Bibeki Sikh will probably drink water from a well. But was he Sarabloh Bibeki?

Bhul chuk maaf

no idea! probably

On 7/29/2022 at 12:13 AM, ipledgeblue said:

do these jatha groups who claim to follow sarbloh bibek follow it properly such as drinking water from a well? In Budha Dal, I think about jeevans such baba Surjit Singh used to keep Sarbloh bibek and it was only small numbers of Singhs who keep sarbloh bibek rehit. In Canada, due to lack of wells, some Nihang Singhs keep a different bibek. I know about naamdharis in India keeping Sarbloh Bibek and drinking water from a well only.

Anyone claiming to follow Sarbloh Bibek without using water from wells is lying to us!!!

Havan is actually mentioned in Dohira read with Brahm Kavach. Jhatka and shikaar is maryada encouraged by Guru Hargobind Sahib and Guru Gobind Singh.

As evidenced from their youtube channel,  Gurmat bibek does not have a strict rehit for reading Chaupai Sahib bani and read Kabyo Baach Benti Chaupai in the same shankawadi manner as most of the rest of AKJ and also same as the minimum found in SGPC maryada. If a sikh does shanka on dasam bani and cannot even complete kabyo baach benti before Arril, and makes excuses such as the bentiyaan already being finished, then what good are trying to be strict on some other rehits? These groups think it's ok to butcher Chaupai Sahib and Raagmala because they follow vegeterianism!

The fact that they dress up as Nihang Singhs yet are not prepared to give respect to Chaupai Sahib bani as true bana wearers like Budha Dal and Tarna Dal, that is insulting and admin cut behaviour.

no you don't, they are sikhs who pretend to dress up Nihangs and going to teach these poor kids how to butcher Chaupai Sahib and do shanka of Raagmala as well! It's a shame they call it dashmesh khalsa school when they don't even respect dasam bani!

You are 100% correct these people akj remind of the pharse "beware of the false prophet". Especially as they wear nihang bana and they brainwash people

On 8/1/2022 at 4:45 AM, ipledgeblue said:

yes the extended length varies in sampradaiye, but ALL samprdaiye read ALL of kabyo baach benti section and ARRIL as well.

But which one did Guru Sahib tell to recite and what sources do we have that confirm this?

On 8/1/2022 at 4:45 AM, ipledgeblue said:

there is a Budha Dal school in Patiala

Budha Dal Public School - Wikipedia

I find it kind of ironic that the Budha Dal School is in the former phulkian states!?!!

The Budha Dal public school is a secular school nothing of Gurmat is taught in it and everything is taught in english.

Why isn't puratan sampradays open their own Gurmat school next to the akj school?