Following All Rehatname

10 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

Why did you even doubt it? I may be wrong but from the impression I am getting from your posts, I think you believe gursikhs who don't believe in Raagmala are also against basic fundamentals of Sikhism, just like Dhadri and modern missionaries.

Daas heard something (negative) about some AKJ members (with regards to Sri Dasam Gurbani) from a reputable scholar (Taksaali).

We might discuss that in a separate topic.

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

What do you mean bro? Can you please elaborate?

Bhul chuk maaf

There is a reson to let people self govern, and have their own ways, to a degree. 

In a rush but not only does it protect the freedoms of the Paanth, which even the Guru Sahiban respected, and keeps you from being taken over and controlled from the top down from one location. 

The fact power is decentralized has preserved Sikhi. If it was just Akal Takht then Sikhi would be over already. 

On 6/15/2021 at 3:03 AM, Trimandeep Singh said:

I think it says that noone should call himself a 'Sant' or 'Baba' or a 'Brahmgyani' and always remain a Sikh.

Can you please provide evidence (from Puratan Rehatname) for the above statement?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

14 hours ago, paapiman said:

@Trimandeep Singh - Do AKJ/Gurmat Bibek Singhs do Shastar Pooja?

Please see the link below for evidence (from a Puratan Rehatnama).

Bhul chuk maaf

Veer ji here a few threads that dass found after a quick google search

https://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,17719

https://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,3583

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Can't remember where but the 5 shastars I have heard/read of are, Kard, Kirpan, khanjar, chakar and tabar.

Please do try to find the source, if you can. The ones you mentioned are different from the ones mentioned in Mahan Kosh.

Bhul chuk maaf

3 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

You're right that karad gets mentioned in early rehits rather than a kirpaan. 

I have heard that kard and kirpaan words are used interchangeably not only in Rehtanamey but in bani too. Will try to find the topic where I read.

Trimandeep Singh 

On 6/16/2021 at 6:57 PM, dalsingh101 said:

Panj hathiars are. Panj shasters is a phrase used to describe the 5 weapons dasmesh pita kept upon themselves daily (their set included a chakar that wasn't in the panj hathiars, dasmesh pita didn't adorn a spear). Sri Gursobha mentions them as well, and some of the extant hukamnamas from Banda Singh Bahadhur. Basically a lot of contemporary sources mention them. 

From Nabha's Mahan Kosh: 

684199898_panjhathiar.png.e940ce89f4746e32bf0d8eeea5a6f0b0.png

I was thinking about bows and arrows, but wasn't sure if all Sikhs kept them, but do you think at that time there would have been enough guns for all the fauj to keep? I'm thinking at Guru Sahib's time guns were still something of a novelty and we really don't hear of widespread use of guns until Maharaja Ranjit Singh's times, almost a century later.

19 hours ago, paapiman said:

You are probably right. Most likely, Karad, Chhuri, Khanjar, etc, are all different weapons. The below verse is from Sri Shastarnaam Mala Saab. 

@Trimandeep Singh @chatanga1

ਛੁਰੀ ਕਲਮ ਰਿਪੁ ਕਰਦ ਭਨਿ ਖੰਜਰ ਬੁਗਦਾ ਨਾਇ ॥

Bhul chuk maaf

Here (from the same bani) both kirpaan and kard are mentioned:

ਤੁਹੀ ਸੂਲ ਸੈਥੀ ਤਬਰ ਤੂ ਨਿਖੰਗ ਅਰੁ ਬਾਨ ॥

ਤੁਹੀ ਕਟਾਰੀ ਸੇਲ ਸਭ ਤੁਮ ਹੀ ਕਰਦ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਨ ॥੬॥