Following All Rehatname

On 8/2/2021 at 4:26 AM, Trimandeep Singh said:

I have never heard or read about these rehats though. Anyways, thank you for posting...i will start my research on puratan Rehat Maryada again.

I wanted to get a book of Bhai Manvir Singh UK on Authentic Rehat Maryada which can be purchased from Khalsa Foundation Store but they don't export it. But they can deliver in Canada.

Bhaisaab, if you want to research more about Rehat Maryada...then do get that book and don't forget to share some valuable information from it : )

Trimandeep Singh 

@dalsingh101

Is there a Rehatnama, which states that the Kirpan(along with the Gatra) must not be worn under the Chola?

Bhul chuk maaf

4 hours ago, paapiman said:

Please do try to find out, where they are getting this rule from.

I probably read this in a blog. Bhai Sahib Jagtar Singh Ji (Late Jathedar of Gurmat Bibek Jatha) used to say that whenever one visits a gurudwara, a Sikh should make sure that his/her shastars are visible so that Guru sahib can see them.

And here's my opinion. I think a Sikh shouldn't hide his kirpan deliberately behind his/her chola or shirt to make sure that he stands out in the crowd.

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

I think also, there are times to hide your weapons until the right time, like when Sukha and Mehtab Singh went to see Massa Ranghar

I think it would be acceptable in these situations.

6 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Do you have any idea of what these senior gursikhs make of the panj hathiar hukams? 

Never read or heard their comments on these. A little what I know is that puratan gursikhs of AKJ keep the dori shastars in their base keski with the kangha like Nihang Singhs.

Please do try to find out, where they are getting this rule from.

I am not saying it's some kind of Rehat or a rule...i just wrote the views of puratan gursikhs (particularly AKJ and most probably Taksaal too has the same view)

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

One it's too hard to draw quickly and two it does not represent the Khalsa publically. 

Second one is valid and perhaps maybe the first point makes a Sikh kinda less tyar bar tyar.

Rest guru sahib knows well 

Trimandeep Singh 

13 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

I am not saying it's some kind of Rehat or a rule...i just wrote the views of puratan gursikhs (particularly AKJ and most probably Taksaal too has the same view)

Maybe that rule is mentioned in some Puratan Rehatnama. Please do try to find out.

Bhul chuk maaf

18 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

Never read or heard their comments on these. A little what I know is that puratan gursikhs of AKJ keep the dori shastars in their base keski with the kangha like Nihang Singhs.

I thought AKJ had its roots in Bhai Randhir Singh in the colonial period. I don't know how that could be classed as puraatan? 

Maybe that rule is mentioned in some Puratan Rehatnama. Please do try to find out.

Bhul chuk maaf

Bhai ji, obviously in purataan times Singhs had their many shasters visibly on their bodies (as all old imagery testifies). There was no need to specify this in any rahit. Hiding the shasters (or specifically ceremonial kirpaan) must be a modern thing, that especially developed in the diaspora, where these things would be more conspicuous, and more likely to produce a negative reaction (whether this be people feeling threatened or people bugging Singhs to see the kirpaan out of the sheath). I think the latter also made people come out with the thing about having to draw blood if drawing it out of the sheath?  

and more likely to produce a negative reaction (whether this be people feeling threatened or people bugging Singhs to see the kirpaan out of the sheath). I think the latter also made people come out with the thing about having to draw blood if drawing it out of the sheath?  

That is probably a Puratan Maryada, to not take the Kirpan out of the Sheath for no purpose.

Gurparsaad, Daas will try to post the katha tidbit related to it.

Bhul chuk maaf

Hiding the shasters (or specifically ceremonial kirpaan) must be a modern thing, that especially developed in the diaspora,

It is possible that Sri Satguru jee gave permission to Sehajdhari Sikhs and Sikhs associated with Puratan Sampradas like Nirmale, Sewapanthis, etc, to keep their Shastars hidden. What do you think?

Nanaksar (which is related to the Nirmale Samprada) Singhs also mostly wear Kirpans underneath their Chole.

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

That is probably a Puratan Maryada, to not take the Kirpan out of the Sheath for no purpose.

Gurparsaad, Daas will try to post the katha tidbit related to it.

Bhul chuk maaf

I think it's modern. We've looked at most if not all of the puraatan rahits, none of them say anything remotely similar. 

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

It is possible that Sri Satguru jee gave permission to Sehajdhari Sikhs and Sikhs associated with Puratan Sampradas like Nirmale, Sewapanthis, etc, to keep their Shastars hidden. What do you think?

Nanaksar (which is related to the Nirmale Samprada) Singhs also mostly wear Kirpans underneath their Chole.

Bhul chuk maaf

All modern things in my opinion. 

On 7/27/2021 at 8:29 AM, paapiman said:

According to Bhai Daya Singh Rehatnama:

• Singhs are suppose to keep a dagger on their heads.
  • Singhs are suppose to take a bath with milk, yoghurt and butter milk

@Trimandeep Singh

Does AKJ/Gurmat Bibek team follow the above Rehats?

Bhul chuk maaf

The below extract (Episode# 15) is from Sri Pracheen Panth Prakash:

image.png.961dbfc36ab4bfd806b7c2e2f5cd0272.png

@Trimandeep Singh

Bhul chuk maaf

On 7/4/2021 at 1:25 PM, chatanga1 said:

The moghals had been using forms of canon and such, since Babur. I'm still not convinced yet that guns had become a norm by that time though. I haven't heard many instances in Sri Gur Panth Parkash of Sikhs using guns, but it would be interesting to see where and what time Bhai Ratta Singh Bhangu does mention them.

Here's another reference I found in Sainapati's SriGursobha (in the section describing the Chamkaur battle):

@paapiman Note another reference to panj hathiars too. 

SAINAPati_Bandooks.png.288679860e6e5aa29ca4de16e4d309ab.png

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2021 at 1:51 PM, paapiman said:

But, you cannot deny that ideally speaking, Kirtan must be done in Raags. If Maharaaj has clearly given us instructions in Sri Aad Gurbani (for so many Shabads), as to which Raags to be used to sing Gurbani, then why not follow the Hukam of Sri Satguru jee?

IMHO, this is not a very big issue, but it might be for some other Samprada, like maintaining Sarabloh Bibek (which is not mandatory for all Amritdharis) is a big issue for AKJ.

Bhul chuk maaf

it is not compulsory for kirtan to be done in raags all the time but haazri of raags must be done, meaning one raag shabad is compulsory before staring a dharna.

On 8/10/2021 at 4:30 PM, paapiman said:

Bhul chuk maaf

As times change, we change. Currently it is not possible to always wear bana and kamarkassa with sri sahib and katar, keep tail behind us, learning horseriding in most of the mordern world and therefore I think nowadays kirpan is mostly used as a symbol but one should respect shastars as swaroops of akaal purkh jee and pujan sevan should be by sharda.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:57 AM, Trimandeep Singh said:

Haven't read anything related to this in any of the Rehatnamey. But senior gursikhs do believe that kirpaan shouldn't be worn under the Chola/shirts/kurta, whatever one is wearing.

Trimandeep Singh 

Baba Nand Singh jee didnt wear kirapn over chola most of the times. Please elaborate on your point.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

On 6/15/2021 at 12:33 PM, Trimandeep Singh said:

The topic was, if following all rehatnaamey is possible or not? My answer Is YES. 

First of all it is useless for us to talk about someone else's Rehat. But I am writing this because I think it will motivate us to do more research on Rehatnamey. Let's stick to the topic only.

Is this written in Gurbani or the Nihang Samprada has developed it? I have cleared in another thread that one should follow/strive to follow all hukams of guru sahib.

For AKJ, sarbloh is mandatory and I did clear it that it shouldn't be imposed on others. 

Any hukam in Rehatnamey?

Where does it say that Kirtan can ONLY be done in raags? As far as I know it is not mandatory to do Kirtan in raags. Raags have been praised in Gurbani but that doesn't mean Kirtan should be done in raags only. Kirtan is a great tool to elevate one's avastha and anyone can do it. Do you know even in Sri Darbar Sahib, Amritsar, once Kirtan was sung which was NOT Raag Kirtan.

Pls quote the pankti from Rehatnamey. I think it says that noone should call himself a 'Sant' or 'Baba' or a 'Brahmgyani' and always remain a Sikh.

I think 'Bhai' has traditionally been used for all Kirtanis/raagis/parchaaraks when they do Sewa in a Gurudwara. But they don't casually prefix each other's name with 'Bhai'. 

Why are you creating Dubhida again bhai sahib?! Don't you respect the authority of Sri Akal Takht Sahib? When it is clearly given in Panthic  Rehatnama that bhog can be done at Mundawni or Raagmaala then what's the problem? 

Panthic aggoos keep saying each year to not bring up these issues. It is because of these differences that the pyaar and cooperation between different jathebandis has greatly reduced. Differences existed in the past also but the gursikhs under the umbrella of Khalsa Panth never brought up these issues to maintain pyaar and peace between them. How can you decide it on an online platform if it's bani or not? This is a very old issue. We are no scholars. 

You are also imposing 'Ragmaala' on others when we have the option to not read it.

I request you Veerji, please don't bring this issue again. 

Answering the other part, YES they fully believe in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib and Sri Sarbloh Granth sahib. I also have one of their Kirtan recordings in which they sung some verses from Aarti Arta sahib, which were probably from Sri Sarbloh Granth.

NOTE: If I was rude then please forgive me Veerji. Feelings can't be expressed on an online platform.

Dhanvaad 

Trimandeep Singh 

I think we all know that since sgpc came in control of Akaal takht many puran hukamnaamas and maryadas have been changed. There is a hukamnaama that sampat akhand path shouldnt be done but sampath path maryada was started by dasve patshah and pargat one again by Baba Nand Singh jee. According to me one who doesnt believe in raagmala is not a sikh, waho waho baani nirankaar hai.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Sat Kartar