Anti-Caste Love & Marriage(s)- Success VS Failure

Jaswant

Salutations dear fellow(s),

I want some nutral discussion on the topic that is it fair to have someone fall in love with some fellow who doesn’t belong to same caste-religion & have got married with him/her.

If yes why can't such a knot will be a successfull mutual consent and if yes then why and then why we press our youth to have arrange marriages & all those.

Please give UR views only if you have some logical concepts / proofs to prove UR viewpoints. Coz it is not a matter of time-pass, it is a serious subject. Hope you'll respect feelings of concerned youth who R on a DORAHA(s) to select their pathway.

Thankx Ladies & Gentemen,

JOY(ce)

Fateh ji,

I don't think that there is anything wrong with it, because caste system was abolished by Guru Nanak devji about 500 years ago. It is just that we being fools have brought the idea back and started to believe in it. Nothing wrong with ppl marrying out of caste because there is no caste :wink: . I hope haven't offended anyone. :(

Fateh ji

Hello,

alright my view is going to make many people cringe, but I must say it.

I believe the guru's weren't denying caste at all, or denying race, or denying social status, but rather the importance and structures that were created using them.

let me explain. I believe we all understand that gurmat discusses that actions of an individual mean more than their lineage, per se. As we are who we are based on merit....now, here is why I say that caste and everything was NOT abolished and why it can't ever really be abolished.

India's social structure was caste based and to get rid of that structure would take years and years. What the guru's said and did was to eradicate stigma associated to caste (ie. x caste= untouchable).

I believe as a society we are still casteist, which doctor (female) would marry a taxi-driver (male)....? I have seen people who marry out of religion (yet claiming to be "true" to their caste) and justify it by saying "they are marrying indian, and the person is a doctor"..... this isn't conventional casteism but still a segregation. If there is compatibility merit in that, then there is also merit for people to marry in what they deem is their own.

To answer the question above: the guru's wanted people to treat each other as humans (so discriminating over caste) is not ideal, especially when there isn't an issue. If there are compatability issues, then caste isn't the issue, but rather qualities (whether they be attributed to a caste or not). Personally, I see no problem with people marrying in caste or out, so long as they don't discriminate against others in a demeaning way.

Yet, it doesn't make a difference what I think at the end of the day, it is what your respective families feel and how much that effects you.

best of luck, let love flourish

akaal

Salutations dear fellow(s),

I want some nutral discussion on the topic that is it fair to have someone fall in love with some fellow who doesn’t belong to same caste-religion & have got married with him/her.

If yes why can't such a knot will be a successfull mutual consent and if yes then why and then why we press our youth to have arrange marriages & all those.

Please give UR views only if you have some logical concepts / proofs to prove UR viewpoints. Coz it is not a matter of time-pass, it is a serious subject. Hope you'll respect feelings of concerned youth who R on a DORAHA(s) to select their pathway.

Thankx Ladies & Gentemen,

JOY(ce)

I don't Believe/respect this Caste Thing. So Inter-caste should/were/would never a problem according to me. When it come to inter-religion.. i think we already have a similer discussion going on herehttp://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.php?t=1515

Please go through this.. This may help you.

Regards

Sardu

SIKHISM was mainly based on all the INEQUALITY that was happening...

its sad that some sikhs don't relise how our relgion started in the FIRST PLACE!!!

(well one of the main things that it formed)

not excepting people of who they are, IS IGNORANCE! so does it really matter if they are from a different religion, or colour??

one!

"give your daughters hand (in marriage) only where gursikhi exists and the family is not in debt" - guru gobind singh

"only gursikh woman (or man) must only marry a gursikh man (or woman)" guru gobind singh

i heard there is a dasam granth quote saying sikhs should never marry hindus or muslims bt im not sure.

those are the only limitations in marriage......caste is irrelevant....but religion certainly is not