Quotes from different religious books, psychologists etc.

I m making this thread dedicated to the "quotes" from famous people/non famous people, religious books , thelogists, psychologists, phsycitarist, philantrophist,analogist, pathalogist, bilogist,scientist,neurologist,metaphsycist,feminist,sexist blah blah..you know what i m gettin at??? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

My two favourite quotes are

Gravity cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." -- Albert Einstein :LOL::LOL:

"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours that's relativity." -- Albert Einstein :LOL:

ok other members please contribute too... :D

Also i m sorry i know i suck at spelling...did i spell that right?? :LOL:

Note: No Vulgarity, racist quotes!!!!!!!! ...It could be funny and wise.

Suga and spice and everything nice, ain't as good as my mom's curry and rice-- taken from a friend of mine (soon to be rapper sadar! lol)

love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear-- i dunno!

"Sweeeeeetness bébé" -- my funny lil cuzin!

"None of us knows anything, not even whether we know or do not know, nor do we know whether not knowing and knowing exist, nor in general whether there is anything or not. "--Metrodorus of Chios

"Rollllllll up the RImmm to WIN!!" -- Tim Hortons

i dunno i can't think of anything else...

one!

Here are a few quotes from The Art of War - Sun Tzu (translated by Thomas Cleary):

"Leadership is a matter of intelligence, trustworthiness, humaneness, courage, and sterness." - Sun Tzu

"A military operation involves deception.Even though you are competent, appear to be incompetent.Though effective, appear to be ineffective." - Sun Tzu

"It is said that if you know others and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know others but know yourself, you win one and lose one; if you do not know others and do not know yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." - Sun Tzu

"To perceive victory when it is known to all is not really skillful.Everyone calls victory in battle good, but it is not really good. - Sun Tzu

What everyone knows is what has already happened or become obvious.what the aware induvidual knows is what has not yet taken shape, what has not yet occured.Everyone says victory in battle is good, but if you see the subtle and notice the hidden so as to seize victory where there is no form, this is really good. - Zhang Yu

Ordinary people see the means of victory but do not know the forms by which to ensure victory. - Wang Xi"

"It does not take much strength to lift a hair, it does not take sharp eyes to see the sun and moon, it does not take sharp ears to hear a thunderclap." - Sun Tzu

I recommend Sun Tzu's The Art fo War to everyone, you'll learn a lot; how to deal with your own enemies, external and internal.

Guest BikramjitSingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

When Banda Singh had conquered the Eastern Punjab and defeated Wazir Khan of Sirhind, the Mughal emperor sent word to all the Subedars as well as the Rajput kings to gather their armies and march to Punjab. When the combined armies reached Punjab, Banda Singh sent word to the Rajput Rajas asking them to either desist from the battle or join hands with Banda Singh and destroy the Mughal empire. The Rajput kings sent word that they were the slaves of the Emperor and that they had come to fight on their master's side. Banda Singh then sent a letter back to the Rajput Rajas.

'Know that today you are in my country but tomorrow I shall be in yours'

GurFateh

Bikramjit

From "Excellence of Sikhism", by Sarup S Alag

********************************************************************************

England's famous philosopher Sir Russell once said that if some lucky men survive the onslaught of the third world war of atomic and hydrogen bombs, then the Sikh religion will be the only means of guiding them.

Russell was asked that he was talking about the third world war, but isn't this religion capable of guiding mankind before the third world war?

In reply, Russell said, " Yes, it has the capability, but the Sikhs have not brought out in the broad daylight, the splendid doctrines of this religion which has come into existence for the benefit of the entire mankind. This is their greatest sin and the Sikhs cannot be freed of it."

From "Excellence of Sikhism", by Sarup S Alag

truthsingh, its a shame sarup singh did not provide the reference for this quote. I've seen forums question the authenticity of the quote....

I've also searched the web and some popular Russel sites, but they dont mention the quote...

I recommend Sun Tzu's The Art fo War to everyone, you'll learn a lot; how to deal with your own enemies, external and internal.
I hear what your saying hari. :wink:

i've only read snipets, but if anyone's interested:

http://classics.mit.edu/Tzu/artwar.1b.txt

Anyway, here is a tuk from SGGS, p.1105:

A Warrior is one who fights for the lowly and meek.

He may be cut into pieces, but to leave the battlefield he does not seek.

(incidently, this tranlastion is from the abovementioned book from Sarup Singh)