Someone in household just tested positive for corona.....

dalsingh101

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Okay guys. 

A few days after I tested negative and posted here I started to feel achy and fatigued. Had another test PCR, and it came back positive. It's interesting to note that I did a LFT straight after my PCR (literally 10 minutes after) which came back negative.

The symptoms progressed as following (as far as I can recall):

First a dull ache over the body and a feeling of extreme fatigue. I felt a slight headache too.  This lasted a few days, and often got worse at night. Although I felt hotter than normal, a temperature test (with one of those things you point at your forehead) told me my temp was in an acceptable range.

The body pains increased somewhat and I felt pain on the sides of lower torso, especially at night. Slept facedown and on my side to help.

Felt strange pains in joints, sudden toothache too - used cloves to numb toothache. 

This eventually subsided to just a general feeling of fatigue. Spent most of the day in bed. I didn't developing any prolonged dry cough though.

As for the last few days, my sense of smell has gone.

I took the following throughout:

• 2000 to 4000 iu of vit D daily. 
  • I had a vit c with zinc dissolvable tablets laying around and used them daily. 
  • Drink lots of water and get in garden to get fresh air as much as possible. 
  • Strepsils for sore throat. 
  • Haldhee boiled with milk with black pepper and a touch of honey regularly. Once a day or every other day. 

I didn't take any aspirin or paracetamol.

Yesterday was my last day for isolation. Can't wait to have a walk and get to the shops today. Feel much better now, will gradually bring back training into my regime to build my muscle and stamina back up. 

Akaal Sahai! Thanks for all the support on the thread, especially Kaur10!

Akaaal.

Great news that you have recovered bro. Keep taking care.

Bhul chuk maaf

2 hours ago, paapiman said:

How is she doing?

Bhul chuk maaf

It was a he (nephew) that caught it. He's fine now. 

2 hours ago, sevak said:

So ppl with vaccines are getting infected toooo.

Yep. I think it can infect you the same, it's just the symptoms might not be as severe perhaps, if you're lucky.

I've heard that Israel is having another wave despite very high levels of vaccinated people there. 

Make of it what you will. 

• 1 month later...