Why feel nothing when listening to Kirtan?

1 hour ago, loveskirtanboy said:

WJKK WJKF

Sometimes when I listen to kirtan and I properly focus by listening not saying I feel nothing and I see nothing and it feels like I am somewhere else. What is this and why does it happen?

It is a good sign.

In order to feel/get  something greater and better, it is first  necessary to empty the cup of mayavee filling, then with His kirpa, one can be filled  with His divine love.

In order to get something (divine), one has to leave/lessen something(maya).

So now the question may arise, what is that to do, in order to vaccate the cup of maya witin us?

Listen His kirtan, katha, to get inspired and a type of "bairag"so that with soild faith of a rock, one may keep calling His divine Name, which is all through CLEANSER/PURIFIER.

His Name carries all His attributes, which if repeated with love and devotion, it will ferrry us across from this side of the Mahabhavsagar to His abode of Sach Khand.

11 hours ago, sevak said:

Why do you want to feel something?

I don’t want to feel something. When I listen kirtan I feel something else I feel like I am somewhere else and I stay still. It doesn’t usually happen and it’s hard to explain. 

5 hours ago, loveskirtanboy said:

I don’t want to feel something. When I listen kirtan I feel something else I feel like I am somewhere else and I stay still. It doesn’t usually happen and it’s hard to explain. 

I dont know what it is. Everyone has different experiences. Just let it be the way it is. There is no need to find an explanation for eveything that happens. If you mind says still, thats a good sign.