Dark Narnia Feedback Loop

GurjantGnostic

And this: ਪ੍ਰਾਪੇਰਗੰਡਾ

I would have gone for: 

ਪ੍ਰੋਪਾਗੈਂਡਾ

8 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Yeah, get it checked. I might be wrong but it don't seem to read right?

has it checked by 2 native speakers. Both undertstood it. One said it was correct the other that a sentence can be written in many ways and maybe the reader is confusing Ohle with Ohne...but otherwise couldn't see an issue so going to leave it as is

Re propaganda, I has just got Google chrome to spell it for me, so I can change that as it has no official spelling being an english word with apparently no equivalent in the dictionary

• 3 months later...
On 9/22/2021 at 8:44 AM, ਰੂਪ ਢਿੱਲੋਂ said:

and finally...

It is interesting how different peoples level of vocab is..apart from the factors I mentioned before I think it can only be a regional thing as well as a reflection of the language our parents use when speaking. Also only through the exercise of learning to read and write punjabi I have learnt that the literary language is is very different from spoken punjabi..My dad was from Doaba and my mum is from Malwa...which also has an impact on my Punjabi..My understanding is most Punjabi Sikhs in the UK are from ( pre 2000s) Doaba...so I wonder if that is it? Also the Prestige written language of Punjabi predating the partition and hindification and urduisation thereafter was Majhi/ Lahnda which is also known as Takseel or kendal punjabi nowadays. the so called queen's english. The interesting thing about it is mostly now spoken in Pakistan only and near Amritsar whilst since Ludianiana 

and Chandigarh developed in India, the standard has shifted towards Malwai or hindu influenced Punjabi in recent decades. Punjabi nowadays is a concoction of English, Punjabi, Hindi , Urdu, Sanskrit, Arabic and the more it moves away from Lahori / Amritsari Punjabi the more the chances are unless we all use the same script one both sides of the border the language will split into two different ones with as much difference as Portuguese and Spanish, thus 2 separate languages. This will also justify killing off Punjabi as in India all kids born after 2000 actually speak Hindi with a touch of Punjabi 

Interestingly I spoke a famous Pakistani Punjabi writer who is also a lawyer out there. He has the same concerns and says while he enjoys my work and that of others, he finds that 40% of the Indian side of vocab nowadays is unitelligible as it is full of Hindi and Sanskrit words and on his side of border same % on Urdu/ Arabic words.

He also strongly believes that the Gurmukhi Alphabet is better suited to Punjabi but that suggestion would cause political problems in Pakistan 

Listening to him I had the following thought, maybe it need to be a separate topic...the thought is that Gurmukhi and Shamukhi are not helpful labels as they religiously divide the punjabis and that destroys Punjabi. Look at how in both Bangladesh and Bengal India it has always been the same alphabet ignoring religious ideals. Also note that Guyru Angad took the already existing in Punjab Landha script and updated and modernised it for Punjabi to communicate all that is in the Adi Granth to the common people.

In my mind that does not just mean Sikhs, but all common Punjabis. Access to all for the Guru Granth Sahib. Now with that in mind take the British Divide and conquer policy of dividing us into Sikh, Hindu and Muslim and also inventing Hindi off od Urdu, all designed to separate us accumulating in the Partition and the modern mindset of the Indian Subcontinent , specifically the North.. Also take into account when I was a child it was never really called Gurmukhi but was called the Painti. Nowadays it should probably be called the Punjabi Iktaali as there are 41 letters in it now. In short it should just be promoted as Punjabi Alphabet. It is then secular and up to those in Pakistan to have the sense to adapt it. The truth is their Nasleeq or Shahmukhi Alphabet is older in terms of using it to write Punjabi but is is adopted through Persian from Arabic and as foreign to Punjabi as is English Alphabet and does not suit all the sounds, Guru Angad's Punjabi Alphabet does

I have an interest in Panjabi geography. My parents are from Ludhiana zila, where are/were your parents from ?

I liked your other paragraphs above. 

I think the major problem for Panjabi is that its now very much linked to Sikh identity, and Pakistani Panjabis have a strong loyalty to promoting Urdu and Panjabi is not used formally. Learning another script will be an issue in their education unless they value it, and like you say, the script is given more neutral name/term. 

If I am right also, many educated Sikhs didn't know Gurmukhi script. I know of an elder born in 1920's or 1930's who only knew how to read Urdu/Shahmukhi script

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, ਰੂਪ ਢਿੱਲੋਂ said:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Kahani+-+Soorni+Book+-+Bande+Khaaniaan+(

This guy has got to be one of the best punjabi fiction writers ever..the link helps find all parts to the audiobook, some stories are about Sikh Characters, some about Hindu or Muslims...all well written

Waheguru Ji

Do you have a youtube channel.  It would be beneficial to start one as you will reach a wider audience. Most people probably aren't aware that there are Punjabi science fiction writers.  It will be a easy way for people to share your work by sharing a youtube link.  

Also, with your access to many Punjabi writers it would be great to interview them and spread their work to a wider audience via youtube. 

Also when you type in Punjabi what program do you use?

On 3/25/2022 at 3:35 PM, Sajjan_Thug said:

Waheguru Ji

Do you have a youtube channel.  It would be beneficial to start one as you will reach a wider audience. Most people probably aren't aware that there are Punjabi science fiction writers.  It will be a easy way for people to share your work by sharing a youtube link.  

Also, with your access to many Punjabi writers it would be great to interview them and spread their work to a wider audience via youtube. 

Also when you type in Punjabi what program do you use?

Hi

I don't have a youtube channel but the guys who interview me do. or links to Akaal TV, Sikh Channel, Gimmi TV etc where all the interviews with all these writers can be found. Devinder Kaur Saini however does have her own youtube channel for teaching Punjabi and audiobooks, the link I have given will lead you to her..she is always updating stuff...I use html for Gurmukhi or amrlipi/ anmolipi on my laptop which I use online gurmukhi font converters to change to HTML

• 2 months later...