Should you take the vaccine?

sevak

11 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

This Omicron mutation was a minor. I'm pretty sure I caught it. 

But these lot (the government), have people running around getting boosters for it. I don't think that was needed for this one. 

Did you feel a very sharp pain in your throat (especially when you would swallow) when you had Covid? Like as if there was a thorn in your throat?

Bhul chuk maaf

Positive endorsement

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-59905339

A man in India got jabbed with a Covid-19 vaccine at least eight times last year, a health official said.

Brahmdeo Mandal, 65, has claimed that he received 11 doses of the vaccine in Bihar state.

The retired postman said the jabs had helped him to get rid of aches and pains and "stay healthy". He claimed he had not suffered any adverse effects.

Mr Mondal was finally stopped from taking what he claimed was his 12th jab at a camp last week.

A probe is underway to find out how Mr Mandal, who lives with his family in Madhepura district, managed to get multiple jabs.

"We have already found evidence that he took eight jabs from four places," Amarendra Pratap Shahi, civil surgeon of Madhepura, told the BBC.

Since vaccination began on 16 January last year, India has been mainly administering two locally-manufactured vaccines, Covishield and Covaxin. The two-dose vaccines have a gap from 12-16 weeks and four to six weeks after the first dose respectively.

Vaccination is voluntary, and more than 90,000 centres, mostly state-run, are offering jabs across the country.

These include vaccination camps offering walk-in jabs without prior online registration. The beneficiary needs to furnish identity proof - a biometric card, voter ID or driving licence, among 10 documents - to register.

The data gathered from the sites is uploaded to India's vaccine portal, CoWin.

Bihar vaccination campIMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
Image caption,
Some 36% of the adult population in Bihar is fully vaccinated

Early investigations had found that Mr Mandal had managed to take "two jabs in a half hour gap" on the same day and each of these jabs "were registered on the portal".

"We are flummoxed how this could happen. There seems to be a portal failure happening. We are also trying to find out whether there was any negligence by people manning the vaccination centres," Mr Shahi said.

Public health expert Chandrakant Lahariya told the BBC that the "only way" this can happen is if the vaccination data from the sites is uploaded on the portal after a long lag.

"But I still wonder it was not detected after so many jabs over so long a time."

Mr Mandal, who kept detailed handwritten notes of the dates, timings and camps, claims he received 11 doses between February and December last year.

He told the BBC that he travelled to vaccination camps across Madhepura and even to at least two neighbouring districts - one more than 100km (62 miles) away - to get the jabs. He used different identity cards to register at these sites.

Mr Mandal said he had been a "practising quack" in his village before taking up a postman's job and "knew a thing about diseases".

"After taking the jabs my body aches and pain disappeared. I used to have knee pain and walked with a stick. Now I don't. I feel fine."

Fever, headache, fatigue and pain - mostly mild to moderate - are the most commonly reported side effects after getting a Covid-19 vaccine. Severe allergic reactions are rarer.

"You will usually get these reactions after the first and the second dose. Multiple doses of these vaccines should be fairly harmless, as antibodies have already been formed and the vaccines are made up of harmless components," Dr Lahariya said.

Some 65% of India's adult population is fully vaccinated and around 91% have got at least one dose.

The numbers in Bihar are lower: 36% of the adult population is fully vaccinated and 49% have received at least one dose.

On 1/9/2022 at 7:28 PM, paapiman said:

Did you feel a very sharp pain in your throat (especially when you would swallow) when you had Covid? Like as if there was a thorn in your throat?

Bhul chuk maaf

No, but the last one has me slightly coughing. 

On 1/9/2022 at 9:03 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

But none of them are worried, so was he actually sick in hospital or malingering to effect world perception?

Because if I had...almost died...right...my party would be a mask...rrr...raid .

If this was an actual state of emergency it would have triggered governmental protocols in fact and the world leaders would be in underground boxes eating rations breathing air that just got pumped through charcoal. Parties. These *************. Lol. 

On 10/17/2021 at 6:51 PM, paapiman said:

Have you heard of Dr. Robert Malone?

Thanks

@sevak

Bhul chuk maaf

Joe Rogan is no stranger to hosting controversial figures on his Spotify-exclusive podcast. On episode 1757 which aired on Dec. 31, Rogan invited virologist and self-proclaimed “inventor of mRNA”, as per his LinkedIn bio, Dr. Robert Malone on his show The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE) — the most listened to podcast — causing a stir amongst medical experts.

Unquote[1]

[1] - Doctors demand Spotify to change policy on COVID-19 misinformation after controversial Joe Rogan episode (msn.com)

Bhul chuk maaf

11 hours ago, paapiman said:

Joe Rogan is no stranger to hosting controversial figures on his Spotify-exclusive podcast. On episode 1757 which aired on Dec. 31, Rogan invited virologist and self-proclaimed “inventor of mRNA”, as per his LinkedIn bio, Dr. Robert Malone on his show The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE) — the most listened to podcast — causing a stir amongst medical experts.

Unquote[1]

[1] - Doctors demand Spotify to change policy on COVID-19 misinformation after controversial Joe Rogan episode (msn.com)

Bhul chuk maaf

I dunno. He was making sense to me. Let the man speak. Lol. 

Thought police bro. Totalitarianism classic. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-60001532

Celebrity chef Antony Worrall Thompson says he is not against Covid vaccinations, despite a sign in his pub saying unvaccinated people are welcome.

The restauranteur runs The Greyhound in Oxfordshire, where the notice made by an anti-vaccination group was put up.

Mr Worrall Thompson says he will remove any specific reference to the group, but will continue to show a sign to support equality.

The NHS says vaccines are safe and the best protection against Covid-19.

The sign at the pub, near Henley-on-Thames, says: "We do not discriminate. Race, gender, age, disability, vaccinated or unvaccinated. Everyone equal here. Everyone welcome."

The TV chef, who opened his first restaurant in London in 1981, used to appear on the BBC's Ready Steady Cook, and came fifth on I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! in 2003.

'Not irresponsible'

He told the BBC: "I'm doing it [having the sign up] because I don't want to discriminate against anyone.

"At the end of the day we've done our time, we've done two years of this, lockdowns and various things and precautions, and I think it's time to move on."

Asked if it was irresponsible, he answered: "I don't think it's irresponsible at all.

"You know you have the choice. Freedom of choice to get vaccinated, freedom of choice to come to The Greyhound."

He added: "I agree with people getting vaccinated. I'm not an anti-vaxxer... to me if you don't want to get vaccinated, if you don't want to put chemicals into your body, it has to be your choice."

• 3 weeks later...

I liked this :

""I was never against vaccination," he told the BBC, confirming he'd had vaccines as a child, "but I've always supported the freedom to choose what you put in your body.""

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-60354068

Novak Djokovic has said he would rather miss out on future tennis trophies than be forced to get a Covid vaccine.

Speaking exclusively to the BBC, he said missing competitions, such as the French Open, over his jab status was "the price that I'm willing to pay".

The 20-time Grand Slam winner was deported from Australia last month after the government cancelled his visa in a row over his vaccine status.

Djokovic described the conditions while he was detained as "very hard".

He said he had not spoken out in the media at the time - despite wanting to - as he wanted to respect the legal process and the Australian Open.

The world's number one men's tennis player also said he should not be associated with the anti-vax movement, but supported an individual's right to choose.

He said he had obtained a medical exemption to enter the country to play in the Australian Open as he had recently recovered from Covid-19.

However, the country's immigration minister, Alex Hawke, personally cancelled the 34-year-old's visa, on the grounds that his presence could incite "civil unrest" and encourage anti-vaccine sentiment.

"I was never against vaccination," he told the BBC, confirming he'd had vaccines as a child, "but I've always supported the freedom to choose what you put in your body."

In a wide-ranging interview, his first since he was detained in Melbourne in January, Djokovic addressed speculation about the timing of his positive Covid case in December and discussed his own attitude towards the vaccine.

Djokovic said he hoped vaccination requirements in certain tournaments would change, adding he was hoping he "can play for many more years".

But he also confirmed he was willing to forego the chance to become statistically the greatest male tennis player of all time because he felt so strongly. Djokovic's rival, Rafael Nadal, has won 21 Grand Slam singles titles - the most of any male competitor.

Asked why, Djokovic replied: "Because the principles of decision making on my body are more important than any title or anything else. I'm trying to be in tune with my body as much as I possibly can."

Djokovic said he had "always been a great student of wellness, wellbeing, health, nutrition," and his decision had been partly influenced by the positive impact factors such as changing his diet and his sleeping patterns had had on his abilities as an athlete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...