Is too much exercise killing you?

paapiman

4 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

I agree. But I also think not doing any exercise is also a form of mental illness too. Especially when someone can look into a mirror and clearly see that their body is deteriorating and still not take some form of remedial action.

There are just way too many morbidly obese apnay walking around. 

Just walk. I do that. Old age is part of life accept it. A slightly big stomach looks good, make u look u came from a well fed family.

5 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

I get it. Train, and you can get wear and tear issues, muscle imbalances etc.

Maybe even worse. Daas knows of a guy, who was into heavy weight lifting and now he is dead. It started off as upper back pain and then just got worse and worse (affecting other areas of the body too). None of the doctors and tests could figure out what was exactly wrong with him. 

You know of any cases like that?

Bhul chuk maaf

If your friend is open to it. 

One. He needs Sikhi. Only Simran unlocks things like it does. 

Two. He should read the alexander principle and get accupunture, accupressure and applied kineseology done, and start doing yoga like movements...well...yoga in motion.  Like tai chi. 

Three he should stay moving and not eat much and basically deconstruct his mass and purify it. 

He may want to try cbds and turmeric and ginger for the pain so his muscles open up, blood flows, and he can keep moving until he shrinks and skin tightens back up. 

59 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Maybe even worse. Daas knows of a guy, who was into heavy weight lifting and now he is dead. It started off as upper back pain and then just got worse and worse (affecting other areas of the body too). None of the doctors and tests could figure out what was exactly wrong with him. 

Bhul chuk maaf

No, but was he taking steroids? 

4 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

There's a critical nerve cluster there that effects everything.  

You can easily mess yourself up lifting big.  

Even if you get big successfully the heart attack gets you. 

That's what it boils down to. People get a condition we jokingly refer to as bigorexia, where they just want to get bigger and bigger. This isn't healthy, you have to look at it holistically. Mobility is an issue. I know boxers are discouraged from weight training because it's supposed to hamper your flexibility. You want lighter weight, and more reps. 

Bro, the guy he is talking about is 'brown bread', see below: 

Daas knows of a guy, who was into heavy weight lifting and now he is dead.  

3 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Nah bro, but he used to consume Protein shakes.

Bhul chuk maaf

Bhai ji, I know people who've trained for years and took protein and they are still alive. It's true that wear and tear became an issue for some of them. They guy you are talking about might have had some underlying, undiagnosed condition. 

21 hours ago, paapiman said:

Bhul chuk maaf

Maybe he was taking steroids which caused his bones or joints  to become weak and then fracture/break (osteoporosis)? Or he had some condition like AIDS and didn't want to tell anyome

Even elite, superfit athletes (and I consider soccer players are generally NOT doing too much exercise) can develop health issues out of nowhere

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59261740

Barcelona striker Sergio Aguero said he is "always positive" after reports claimed he was considering retirement.

The Argentina forward, 33, was taken to hospital after suffering chest pains against Alaves last month.

Barca later announced he will not play for three months while he receives treatment and his health is monitored.

"Given the rumours, I tell them that I am following the indications of the club's doctors," Aguero said on social media.

"I'm doing tests and treatment and seeing my progress within 90 days."

Aguero became Manchester City's all-time leading scorer before joining Barcelona on a free transfer in July.

After starting the season with a calf problem, he made his debut last month and has scored once in five appearances for the Spanish side.

As initially reported by Catalunya Radio, Aguero may have to wait until February or March next year before being able to make a decision on his future, according to BBC Radio 5 Live's European football expert Guillem Balague.

Aguero joined Barca on a two-year deal in the summer, but the club have not considered rescinding his contract, said Balague.

1 hour ago, Premi said:

Maybe he was taking steroids which caused his bones or joints  to become weak and then fracture/break (osteoporosis)? Or he had some condition like AIDS and didn't want to tell anyome

He was not on Steroids.

He had no AIDS man, He was an unmarried Gursikh guy. He was an ethical guy. His blood was probably checked after his death.

Bhul chuk maaf

The idea that a healthy person is muscular, flat stomach & muscular, can run fast, lift heavy weights in the gym, run 100kms on treadmills, do HIIT.  Is just another idea propagated by new-age western gym rats, who spend all their time in gym.
Health has detoriated  overtime, not due to lack of exercise or anything else, but bcoz of quality food and reduction in human digesting power. Office jobs are biggest to blame. 
Aloo waley Parathas, Ghee, Butter, Milk, Yoghurt, Lassi... these things make a real pehalwaan. 

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

He was not on Steroids.

He had no AIDS man, He was an unmarried Gursikh guy. He was an ethical guy. His blood was probably checked after his death.

Bhul chuk maaf

You know what. It does happen, very rarely. I vaguely recall a few young footballers suddenly dropping dead, and they are supposed to be very fit. But I think these things are rare. 

The topic has got me thinking. Really, as we get older and have trained for a long time, I think we need to be in tune with our body, and know when it's sending us signals that we are going too far. 

Muscles can repair very quickly, its ligaments and tendons that we need to watch. 

3 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

You know what. It does happen, very rarely. I vaguely recall a few young footballers suddenly dropping dead, and they are supposed to be very fit. But I think these things are rare. 

The topic has got me thinking. Really, as we get older and have trained for a long time, I think we need to be in tune with our body, and know when it's sending us signals that we are going too far. 

Muscles can repair very quickly, its ligaments and tendons that we need to watch. 

Absolutely have to listen to the body. Even in youth I never liked pushing training too far. You have to get into a zone and build it up and some days are up and some days are down. 

4 hours ago, sevak said:

The idea that a healthy person is muscular, flat stomach & muscular, can run fast, lift heavy weights in the gym, run 100kms on treadmills, do HIIT.  Is just another idea propagated by new-age western gym rats, who spend all their time in gym.
Health has detoriated  overtime, not due to lack of exercise or anything else, but bcoz of quality food and reduction in human digesting power. Office jobs are biggest to blame. 
Aloo waley Parathas, Ghee, Butter, Milk, Yoghurt, Lassi... these things make a real pehalwaan. 

Proper food and they way you work are the biggest factors. I routinely work jobs beneath my qualifications so I can still work physically. I need to step it up, but I simply cannot do a sedentary lifestyle. I'd die. 

12 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Proper food and they way you work are the biggest factors. I routinely work jobs beneath my qualifications so I can still work physically. I need to step it up, but I simply cannot do a sedentary lifestyle. I'd die. 

I hear that!!! I can't do it. I feel sick in no time at all when I do. My brother (whose been doing sedentary work all his life) just started grafting a bit for extra cash, he said he finally gets it, and feels much better than he has in ages due to it.