Is chaupai sahib hymn present in other paths like sukhmani sahib??

On 12/7/2021 at 2:54 AM, paapiman said:

21 times daily bro.

@Thelost soul

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

Hi, 

With due respect, can you please tell where in the SGGS is written or advised to recite X times a particular Bani.

I have some sikh friends and I love to read Gurbani, also I do surf some sikh websites, and I have noticed that members invite or support others to recite so and so Banis so many times.

I have developed a type of love and respect for SGGS, and I regard it as a spiritual authority, but I get confused when I read the Bani nowhere it states that so or so Banis are to be recited to achieve some spuritual progress.

So I guess that maybe some gursikhs or advanced people out of their interpretations of the Bani have reached these conclusions.

I do not mean disrespect or controversies, but I do understand that between SGGS and anyone, I will obey only SGGS, for it says to meditate on the Lord by repeating His Name, but I ser people say and do things which are not at all mentioned in the SGGS.

Can I please get your kind opinions.

Thanks in advance.

31 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji first of all i would like to welcome you on here as you have made excellent post.

Dass knows that in Sri Brahm Kavach its written to do 32 jaaps

ਇਹ ਕਵਚਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਕੋ ਬਤੀਸਾ ਪਢੈ ਜੋ ਨਿਤ ਛੱਤ੍ਰੀ ॥

ehai kavicha brahma ko batisaa paddai jo nita chatari      

That Kshaytria (warrior) who reads this Kavach of Brahma of 32 (praises) daily

ਰਣ ਜੀਤ ਲੈਹ ਨਿਰਭੀਤ ਰਹਿ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਪਾਵੈ ਅੱਤ੍ਰੀ ॥

rann jeet laih nirbeet rahi ridh sidh paavai aatri

(He) will attain victory on the battlefield, remain fearless, and attain Ridhi Sidhi (yogic spiritual powers)

ਲਹਿ ਬੇਦ ਭੇਦ ਜੋ ਪਢੈ ਬਿਪ੍ਰਬੈਸਯ ਧੰਨ ਸੁਖ ਸੰਪਤਾ ॥

lahi beyd bheyd jo paddai biprabheisy dan sokh sanpataa

A Brahmin who reads this will know the secret of the Vedas, and a Vaish who reads with will attain comfort of wealth and family.

ਧਨ ਧਾਮ ਤਨ ਅਰੋਗ ਸੂਦਰ ਪਾਇ ਸੁਖ ਅਕੰਪਤਾ ॥

dhan dhaam tan arog soodar paae sokh aknptaa 

Wealth, home, and a body without ailments [all] of beautiful unswerving comfort [is attained through

Listen at 40:24 

1 hour ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji first of all i would like to welcome you on here as you have made excellent post.

Dass knows that in Sri Brahm Kavach its written to do 32 jaaps

ਇਹ ਕਵਚਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਕੋ ਬਤੀਸਾ ਪਢੈ ਜੋ ਨਿਤ ਛੱਤ੍ਰੀ ॥

ehai kavicha brahma ko batisaa paddai jo nita chatari      

That Kshaytria (warrior) who reads this Kavach of Brahma of 32 (praises) daily

ਰਣ ਜੀਤ ਲੈਹ ਨਿਰਭੀਤ ਰਹਿ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਪਾਵੈ ਅੱਤ੍ਰੀ ॥

rann jeet laih nirbeet rahi ridh sidh paavai aatri

(He) will attain victory on the battlefield, remain fearless, and attain Ridhi Sidhi (yogic spiritual powers)

ਲਹਿ ਬੇਦ ਭੇਦ ਜੋ ਪਢੈ ਬਿਪ੍ਰਬੈਸਯ ਧੰਨ ਸੁਖ ਸੰਪਤਾ ॥

lahi beyd bheyd jo paddai biprabheisy dan sokh sanpataa

A Brahmin who reads this will know the secret of the Vedas, and a Vaish who reads with will attain comfort of wealth and family.

ਧਨ ਧਾਮ ਤਨ ਅਰੋਗ ਸੂਦਰ ਪਾਇ ਸੁਖ ਅਕੰਪਤਾ ॥

dhan dhaam tan arog soodar paae sokh aknptaa 

Wealth, home, and a body without ailments [all] of beautiful unswerving comfort [is attained through

Thank you friend,  

Brahm Kavach is a pure Bir Ras bani, I'm pretty sure, so it is not as useful for a regular Sikh as most Sikhs arent about to go into battle.

It was written by Guru Hargobind Sahib ji and it is mentioned in Dasam Granth, in Chandi Charitar, IIRC, but the thing is, almost nowhere on the sikh websites people talk of doing what SGGS tells us to do for our redemption and that is of repating His holy Name in meditation found almost in all ANGS of SGGS, rather people are told to do so many thousands of times the repetition of this or that Banis, I was just wondering what would happen or why people do not fear that death may approach any time to anybody, and yet they prefer to do something is not directly said by SGGS to do to save our souls.

So much time of the days, and months, maybe to finish their repetitions, but do not do what is important for the saving of our souls, and that what counts in His House there, as seen all else is futile in terms of love to God and the salvation of our souls.

Maybe Kalyug is going in full force to induce people in not practicing the basics of siklhee, whose main purpose is not to create an seperate identities, but to return back home in Him.

Sorry friend, I respect sikhs a lot and as said I do read SGGS, and maybe I am not a sikh from birth, but everything in the SGGS makes sense for me, but then I wonder why people do not see the real messages of the GURU in SGGS which is to find salvation at the earliest by repeating His Name, for as the death may come without prior informing, so why put time in those practices which have no value there in His supreme Court. 

Please do not feel offended, it is just that I have these doubts in my mind some time, and as I wish all sikhs from the bottom of my heart, that they talked more of those maters which may take us near to Him, for if He is not our real goal then we are truly nothing.

4 hours ago, Anthony said:

Thank you friend,  

Brahm Kavach is a pure Bir Ras bani, I'm pretty sure, so it is not as useful for a regular Sikh as most Sikhs arent about to go into battle.

It was written by Guru Hargobind Sahib ji and it is mentioned in Dasam Granth, in Chandi Charitar, IIRC, but the thing is, almost nowhere on the sikh websites people talk of doing what SGGS tells us to do for our redemption and that is of repating His holy Name in meditation found almost in all ANGS of SGGS, rather people are told to do so many thousands of times the repetition of this or that Banis, I was just wondering what would happen or why people do not fear that death may approach any time to anybody, and yet they prefer to do something is not directly said by SGGS to do to save our souls.

So much time of the days, and months, maybe to finish their repetitions, but do not do what is important for the saving of our souls, and that what counts in His House there, as seen all else is futile in terms of love to God and the salvation of our souls.

Maybe Kalyug is going in full force to induce people in not practicing the basics of siklhee, whose main purpose is not to create an seperate identities, but to return back home in Him.

Sorry friend, I respect sikhs a lot and as said I do read SGGS, and maybe I am not a sikh from birth, but everything in the SGGS makes sense for me, but then I wonder why people do not see the real messages of the GURU in SGGS which is to find salvation at the earliest by repeating His Name, for as the death may come without prior informing, so why put time in those practices which have no value there in His supreme Court. 

Please do not feel offended, it is just that I have these doubts in my mind some time, and as I wish all sikhs from the bottom of my heart, that they talked more of those maters which may take us near to Him, for if He is not our real goal then we are truly nothing.

Recitation of Naam is to become constant. I feel like it's referenced a lot here. There is limit to how often to talk about it, it's more important that we're all doing it. 

Which has absolutely nothing to do with how awesome Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Bani entitled Brahm Kavach is, or why it was given us. 

Now in terms of us falling off, or people being fake, that's them not doing Gurmantar, but it's also Paath, Rehit, Daya and Dharam and promoting a Gurmat mindset. 

Like we've had our fair share of hollow or cultural "Sikhs" and our fair share of paid trolls, but I haven't really met one yet, that Brahm Kavach was the hold up. It's more often the above listed. 

@AnthonyHave you read Dasam Granth?

It's pretty bold to come school actual Sikhs on Sikhi bro, if your understanding is superficial. 

What religion or Dharam do you practice?

Fair warning bro. We get trolled here and there are already inconsitencies in your post.

But if you're real, go ahead and converse beyond your op. 

It's been my experience, when you go into the full time Naam business that you need the entirety of Gurbani to support the practice of Naam and fulfill our duty to 1, Akal Purakh Vaheguru Ji. 

If it was as simple as you make it, why have you not reached Sachakand?

Maybe inform your Naam practice with Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Dasam Granth, Sarbloh Granth, Vaaran Bhai Gurdas Ji, who was commisioned by the Guru to write additional material, which was validated and approved. How can the Nehkalank Avtar in the form of Guru Sahiban be qualified to give you Naam but not the instructions?

And we capitalize Sikh here. 

And again. Your post is inconsistent. 

If what you are saying was right, why read Guru Granth Sahib Ji past the point where you get told Naam is the Panacea? Why take Hukamnama? Why is there Nitnem Bani? 

You didn't mention Ameit Vela.