Sardar Udham - Just watched it.

Feeling....something........just watched that Sardar Udham film on Netflix. 

It felt really long. But that being said, personally I really liked this slow burner. The last bit covering Jallianwala Bagh was very emotive......

Despite all the critiques (like it being in Hindi), I feel this was a very solid Sikh statement, maybe the biggest one made on film yet.  

Strongly advise people watching it. 

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

It felt really long. But that being said, personally I really liked this slow burner. The last bit covering Jallianwala Bagh was very emotive......

Despite all the critiques (like it being in Hindi), I feel this was a very solid Sikh statement, maybe the biggest one made on film yet.  

Thanks bro for the info. Do you understand Hindi well?

Dhan Dhan Shaheed Udham Singh jee.

Bhul chuk maaf

19 hours ago, paapiman said:

Thanks bro for the info. Do you understand Hindi well?

Dhan Dhan Shaheed Udham Singh jee.

Bhul chuk maaf

I understand it on a basic level. Luckily it had subtitles too. 

18 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Last time i watched a movie on Shaheed Udham Singh Ji was back in 2000 with Raj Babbar which was really good back than. I wonder if this new version what would be like the previous one.

This one is really good. No silly songs. It's dark and brooding. That lead actor nailed the role. It's got a clear, Sikh representation throughout as well. The director impressed me. 

37 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

This one is really good. No silly songs. It's dark and brooding. That lead actor nailed the role. It's got a clear, Sikh representation throughout as well. The director impressed me. 

Heard about the assassination attempt on the Queen by a young Sikh in UK?

Bhul chuk maaf

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 3:24 PM, dalsingh101 said:

Is there a statue of Shaheed Udham SIngh jee in UK?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

4 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Not a fan of statues in foreign countries. Just invites people to deface them.   

Yeah, I always think that can happen to any statue at any time

An unrelated example, but found this funny

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/12/man-takes-hammer-to-bbc-hq-to-smash-statue-by-paedophile-artist-eric-gill-15908513/

Man takes hammer to BBC headquarters to smash statue by paedophile sculptor

author image
Sabrina JohnsonWednesday 12 Jan 2022 10:54 pm

1.4kSHARES
Man smashes up statue outside BBC by artist who sexually abused daughters
The Metropolitan Police said officers were called at around 4.15pm to Broadcasting House in Portland Street (Picture: Getty / PA)

A man who climbed up onto the BBC’s London headquarters in an alleged attempt to damage a statue by the artist Eric Gill has been arrested.

The statue, which depicts Prospero and Ariel from Shakespeare’s play The Tempest, was created in the 1930s by Eric Gill, who is said to have sexually assaulted his two daughters.

Gill’s abuse came to light in the 1980s, following the publication of an autobiography that used evidence from the artist’s private diaries.

Since then, the statue has proved controversial and there have been many calls for it to be removed