Mona Sikh Seeking Answers

Good Afternoon and Sat Sri Akal to All,

I would like to start with the premise that I do not wish to offend anybody but I have critical questions as a mona sikh looking to develop my faith deeper and I've started learning gurmukhi.

I hope you can all guide me on the path. 
Here's some critical questions I have around Sikhi that I need clarification on please. If you could provide sources also so I can fact check I would sincerely appreciate it. 

Q. What times are the 3 main prayers performed between and how long do they take to recite? I work within the technology sector across different time zones and I struggle for time with a new born and I'd like to know if there are mandatory banis I can recite in times where I struggle for time and how long would each take to recite? 
Q. What is the sikh stance on profits of the Abrahamic faiths? Please reply with validity of each mentioned profit; mohammed, jesus, moses, soliman, noah, Abraham, Adam. 
Q. Are there any specific eye witness accounts of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji's Travels from non sikh sources?
Q. I recognise we must provide reverence to all sikh guru ji's, but why do we have Kirtans chanting guru ji's names e.g. Guru Ram das ko mili badai; surely we should only praise God and not have Kirtans for gurus, as this would go against what Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji preached. 
Q. Why do people pray to pictures of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji as though he is God, when idol worship is prohibited in Sikhi. I have witnessed this quite often, and I'm informed it's a way to pray to God (specifically citing Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji is God). 
Q. Is  Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji a profit (I understand he is a guru) but I get different answers from my sikh brothers. I'm not sure if Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji is a spiritual master, a devine profit or similar to Jesus as God on earth in the flesh. Sikhs I've spoken to say he is the light of God, but I struggle to understand this concept. Does that mean God sent Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji with a revelation and he became a profit or he was a part of God and sent to mankind? 
Q. I struggle with the concept of when we die we go to the court where your deeds are read and witnesses are Guru Hargobind Singh Ji, If I'm not mistaken, please correct me If I am wrong? What about the other gurus, are they not present? And what about followers of other faiths will they be judged in the same court as sikhs? If they do (followers of other faiths) how will they relate to the gurus? The reason I ask is because Jewish people claim they are the chosen ones and only God will come to them similarly with Islam and Christianity. 
Q. Are there any sects of Sikhism that follow just what Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji preached and not the other gurus? My paradigm is if Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji received revelation I want to follow him not the other gurus who may have been influenced by social environmental factors. This leads me to the sub question:
|_ Q. If Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji was surrounded by / and in congregation with Muslims including Bhai Mardana day-to-day, is there a possibility that the later gurus through persecution incorporated Hindu doctrine a long the way. 
Q. How do we know conclusively that what  Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji preached was not changed a long the way through theater gurus? 
Q. I recognise the heinous atrocities commited by the moghul tyrants against the gurus, but why do we have events and  kathas etc on the Shahids of the panth. Surely this is a form of polytheism? And we should focus on the bani instead of on the atrocities that happened. If I relate this to Islam for instance, the sunni school of thought don't consider those (shiha) Muslims who hit themselves as a symbolic sign of reverence to atone for the murder of their imam Ali, If I'm not mistaken. 
Q. Are there any specific citations on reincarnation and how the process works in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji?

2 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

I think the first thing you have to get your head around is that your heritage is referred to as Sikhi not 'Sikhism'. Many of us believe a manipulation of Sikh forms took place during colonialism which resulted in the creation of Sikhism which fused victorian era protestant values, and and anglocentric colonial agenda with an external Sikh look. That's an important distinction to make.  

That's Anthony bro. He isn't going to respond. 

3 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

That's Anthony bro. He isn't going to respond. 

Bro, 

I do not think this memeber has anything to do with Anthony, and let me tell you my reasons.

While Anthony talks with a lot of concviction (whteher right or wrong) of  whatever he talked about, while this Truthsikhr, in his pòst above seems to be a lot  confused.

I hardly believe if he is a mona even by the type of questions he asks ... I have seen monas, but never ever them asking such weird questions, that also on Sikhee ....

Donno, maybe I am wrong, but just my opinion

1 hour ago, SunnySingh said:

Bro, 

I do not think this memeber has anything to do with Anthony, and let me tell you my reasons.

While Anthony talks with a lot of concviction (whteher right or wrong) of  whatever he talked about, while this Truthsikhr, in his pòst above seems to be a lot  confused.

I hardly believe if he is a mona even by the type of questions he asks ... I have seen monas, but never ever them asking such weird questions, that also on Sikhee ....

Donno, maybe I am wrong, but just my opinion

Maybe bro. That's why I didn't say that initially. I waited to see if they'd respond in a normal way when they read my first post. Which they did. But said nothing. So I only out with that five hours ago. To save us time. 

But there are many resemblences, and when their chosen questions weren't all simply answered in a way that could cause conflict they chose to say nothing. Which is not congruent with a seeker but an agenda. So anthony or no it's anthony bro and if not he's totally free to keep asking things. 

I hope he has the decency to answer questions too. 

He last visited four hours ago. That's sus behavior. He's read it multiple times. 

And why not an introduction in without being asked? Or you know. Start with a question? An entire list of potentially controversial questions followed by crickets is a troll bro. I'm a scatlogist. He left evidence when he ran off. 

Let's just enjoy the abridged edition and move on. 

I said I'd answer them more directly too. With a little info about himself and just gone. None of that is legitimate.

I mean we can still answer his questions.  The initial response actually covers most of them. 

5 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

He didn't respond @dalsingh101 either. And none of these wasps want to say where their hive is, where they congregate, who's leading them a certain way before they get here. That's cult vibes. 

Having read the original post again, I think it highly unlikely the poster is from a Sikh background. Might be a muslim judging from the latter part of the post?

He also mistakenly names Guru Hargobind ji, as Guru Hargobind Singh ji which is strange?

17 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Having read the original post again, I think it highly unlikely the poster is from a Sikh background. Might be a muslim judging from the latter part of the post?

He also mistakenly names Guru Hargobind ji, as Guru Hargobind Singh ji which is strange?

Might even be jewISH bro. He only capitalized Abraham and Adam. And Jesus sometimes. Amusing either way.  If he comes back and actually says something we'd know more. My money is still on white anglo somebody. But our radars are tuned differently. You could be right. 

Sat Sri Akal, 

Apologies for the late response and mistakes made in citations. I have been taking the time to observe and reflect on the answers. I am happy to disclose more about me to build bridges but I want to know whether the respondents are Gursikhs, scholars, granthis or brothers in faith on the journey of learning. This is so I can be affirmed that I am getting accurate information. 

I would also like to highlight to you that your initial response although not satisfying my direct queries but I appreciate the level of insight, you took the tone of the discourse in a negative light and this changed the cordial and warm welcome you  began with, I invite you to reflect on your behaviour please. 

The intention was to see if I would get direct answers to my questions, I'm sure I am not alone in seeking. My background is irrelevant to the discourse as I feel it only creates a bias. 

However, since you asked; I live in London, from Indian origin, 3rd generation, born and raised in the UK, visited Gurdwaras growing up but never connected with Sikhi from a religious standpoint; rather socially I.e weddings, kand paths, poag. I have also been on a journey learning about other faiths and traditions to form an unbiased opinion. I have a family and comply with all conventional social norms, I am however seeking a connection to the Akal Purakh. Growing up I have been conditioned with the assertion that all the Guru Ji's are god in one form, and the light travels through them all. 

Now, I am not trying to be controversial but this sounds like polytheism, under the disguise of monotheism. My personal view based on logic and reasoning is that if Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji received revelation I want to follow him, not the ten gurus proceeding as great as they are with the utmost reverence I give them. The proceeding gurus did not receive revelation and they attributed to bani, this is not devinely inspired. That's why I only filter bani revealed by Guru Nanak, you can tell me why this may be wrong but my premise is a strong one. 

If you could reply to this message and directly answer each query in my previous post, Ideally with extracts from the banis so I can fact check. I would be sincerely greatful to you. 

Apologies for any offence caused in advance, I'm not a troll or an individual with insideous intent, I am seeking knowledge. 

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa; Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

17 minutes ago, TruthSikhr said:

Sat Sri Akal, 

Apologies for the late response and mistakes made in citations. I have been taking the time to observe and reflect on the answers. I am happy to disclose more about me to build bridges but I want to know whether the respondents are Gursikhs, scholars, granthis or brothers in faith on the journey of learning. This is so I can be affirmed that I am getting accurate information. 

I would also like to highlight to you that your initial response although not satisfying my direct queries but I appreciate the level of insight, you took the tone of the discourse in a negative light and this changed the cordial and warm welcome you  began with, I invite you to reflect on your behaviour please. 

The intention was to see if I would get direct answers to my questions, I'm sure I am not alone in seeking. My background is irrelevant to the discourse as I feel it only creates a bias. 

However, since you asked; I live in London, from Indian origin, 3rd generation, born and raised in the UK, visited Gurdwaras growing up but never connected with Sikhi from a religious standpoint; rather socially I.e weddings, kand paths, poag. I have also been on a journey learning about other faiths and traditions to form an unbiased opinion. I have a family and comply with all conventional social norms, I am however seeking a connection to the Akal Purakh. Growing up I have been conditioned with the assertion that all the Guru Ji's are god in one form, and the light travels through them all. 

Now, I am not trying to be controversial but this sounds like polytheism, under the disguise of monotheism. My personal view based on logic and reasoning is that if Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji received revelation I want to follow him, not the ten gurus proceeding as great as they are with the utmost reverence I give them. The proceeding gurus did not receive revelation and they attributed to bani, this is not devinely inspired. That's why I only filter bani revealed by Guru Nanak, you can tell me why this may be wrong but my premise is a strong one. 

If you could reply to this message and directly answer each query in my previous post, Ideally with extracts from the banis so I can fact check. I would be sincerely greatful to you. 

Apologies for any offence caused in advance, I'm not a troll or an individual with insideous intent, I am seeking knowledge. 

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa; Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

God is all of us first off. Just some of us have the creation mark and others don't. God can have a million bodies at a time or ten in order and it doesn't make anything polytheism. 

By trying to restrict the Guruship to Guru Nanak Dev Ji you are disrespecting the Guru Granth Sahib Ji, the Guru Sahiban, The Purtan Gursikhs. If Guru Nanak Dev Ji intended to be the only form he would not have conferred the the Gurgradi on Bhai Lena Ji and Named him Guru Angad Dev Ji. So you can say you mean no offense and still be offensive. And we only have your late come word about who you are. And if you are who you said you are you should have known this in advance. And if you did know this in advance you came to in fact be offensive which is why you prefaced your op. And your assurances you aren't a troll are not enough for me as of yet. 

And bro you come off exactly like somebody we just had here. If you're really interested in the answers to the questions you're asking they are on both the forums nobody's necessarily under obligation to spoon feed it to you or prove anything to you for that matter. 

I mean could you imagine having the shamelessness to walk into any other organizations forum and take what you know is a very disrespectful approach to 11 out of The 12 most important features of said belief system?

And to ignore what has been said to you already because some day now, later, after reflecting, you've decided you didn't get the the warm fuzzies, enough warm fuzzies from the first response bro?

And then you want to say you're not a troll?

When you came in here unknown, unannounced, with a clearly agendad OP, only to go quiet and ignore everything for a while, only to come in here and casually drop the same line of logic the last troll did about Guru nanak Dev ji being the only one in Sikhi?

If you came here wondering if your theory is correct no it's not you're wrong bro and you can read all about it all over both places. 

Anthony. 

You have both provided inadequate non evidenced based responses. You asked about my background but did not reciprocate the courtesy. You say I sound like someone that was on here before, that makes no difference, if anything it highlights the defensive position you both have taken, perhaps you feel there is no conclusive evidence for your assertions and yoy can't provide robust answers. It's very apparent. By the way, you do know I don't need to assure you of anything, I attempted it out of courtesy. You two definitely don't have the 'mark' of God. I advise you to learn etiquette and avoid clique behaviour. 

Pointless forum lacking substance and puts Sikhi in a bad light. 

20 minutes ago, TruthSikhr said:

You have both provided inadequate non evidenced based responses. You asked about my background but did not reciprocate the courtesy. You say I sound like someone that was on here before, that makes no difference, if anything it highlights the defensive position you both have taken, perhaps you feel there is no conclusive evidence for your assertions and yoy can't provide robust answers. It's very apparent. By the way, you do know I don't need to assure you of anything, I attempted it out of courtesy. You two definitely don't have the 'mark' of God. I advise you to learn etiquette and avoid clique behaviour. 

Pointless forum lacking substance and puts Sikhi in a bad light. 

Bro I didn't ask for your advice you asked for ours. The mark I'm referring to is your creation mark not a mark of God it's like a replica mark as opposed to Nehkalank, God, who has no mark. You say you were born in some generational Hindu family you come across 100% like a white anglo-saxon protestant abrahamic. 

I didn't have to quote Gurbani to indicate what is historically known to everybody that Guru Nanak Dev Ji passed the Gurgradi to Guru Angad Dev Ji. 

Want to disrespect the form by saying it's pointless bro just because you didn't have your emotions babysat? Do you know how many countless threads of immeasurable worth are on here?

Dismissed bro.