SHOULD WE TIE OUR BEARD?

honey81online

should we tie our beard?  

24 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Did Khalsa tie their beard during war times... I guess not ? But then How & Why this trend of tying beard started...?

I think they did

read about Nihungs in WW2 In England :o?

I think I've read that they used to tie their beards :?

Btw i think this complete topic is absurb

it should be

"MAY/COULD we tie our beard or not"

not SHOULD WE...

cause "should we" means...that everyone SHOULD/HAS TO...

"could/may we"..may we or may we not :!:

• 1 year later...

I think its pretty simple, tying your dari up should only be done when necessary, for example if your line of work requires you too for health and safety or when your doing something and it could get in the way, in these situations you have to protect it, especially if its quite long. Sometimes this can't be helped, and Guru Ji would understand this.

However, when not necessary it should be left down because tying your dari up gives it the effect that its been cut, leaving it free flowing shows you are proud what Guru Ji has given you. Its also a psychological challenge to everyday people to accept you for what you really look like rather than having to tie it up to fit into society because your afraid of what they might think, leaving it open shows your strong in character.

We should aim to look like how Guru Gobind Singh Ji wanted us to look like when he created the Panj Pyare. When he gave us our identity Fixo wasn't one of them.

Why would you want to tie it up anyway? Personally I think Singhs look much better leaving their dari's open than tied up, they look more warrior and lion like, when tied up they look like them little cute ceaser dogs off the advert. No offence to those who tie it up.