(Are) 95% of Sikhs living stupid lifestyle?

Premi

2 hours ago, Premi said:

Maybe '95%' is an exaggeration. And maybe bhangra is not as bad as some things other communities are stereotyped with. But too many of Panjabi Sikhs have a confused identity in which they think bhangra and drinking is  normal as a 'Sikh'. 

I agree that it is difficult unless one is a recluse to avoid the material things you mentioned. But not enough Sikhs are 'training' or doing sports. Obesity levels in middle aged Panjabi men and women are far too much. 

It would be better if we were associated more with e.g. Gatka or other martial arts than bhangra. Or maybe we could try and make the songs more neutral again rather than about drinking and girls. 

Like this

Bro,

I do agree with what you say, but let us be frank and go direct to the point.

Those who want to drink alcohol, and be crazy, do not need just bhangra..... they may do it with birthday parties, weddings, and any other celebrations, so does that mean that culture of weddings, birthday parties .... is the cause for that behaviour?

The answer obviously is a flat NO.

We humans as usual, like to easily blame other things, situations, people ... rather than looking to ourselves and see where the fault is.

All confusions are wrong, and so not less also, that bhangra is the cause of all the unhealthy situations you mention.

Bhangra time is not in contradiction or incompatiblity with sports or studies or work.

You see, every thing, every activity has a place and time, the week has 7 days and 24 hours in each day. 

If people have obesity, that rather has to do with the food they eat,  and lack of exercise, or whatever ... but certainly not because of bhangra....

Bhangra is enjoyable, is beautiful, is something our very own, and above all to feel proud about it, that too when most of the people in world be it of any nationality do enjoy that our music style.

It is adorable to be dressed and have fun whenever possible in that attire, I feel very much emotional, when I see how the people around the world talk only of goodness of Bhangra.

It not any other thing, let us see the positive side, dancing in bhangra style for even 30 minutes will help you burns some good amount of calories,  and make you move your whole body, it is somehow like excercising to an extent.

Bro, I respect everybody´s opinions, but let us be frank, bhangra in no way is the cause to feel ashamed of ourselves as sikhs, because "the drinkers" as said above,  just need any such ocassions to let their mind and body indulge in those one sided unhealthy/negative behaviours, which has absolutely nothing to do with it.

57 minutes ago, SunnySingh said:

Bro,

I do agree with what you say, but let us be frank and go direct to the point.

Those who want to drink alcohol, and be crazy, do not need just bhangra..... they may do it with birthday parties, weddings, and any other celebrations, so does that mean that culture of weddings, birthday parties .... is the cause for that behaviour?

The answer obviously is a flat NO.

We humans as usual, like to easily blame other things, situations, people ... rather than looking to ourselves and see where the fault is.

All confusions are wrong, and so not less also, that bhangra is the cause of all the unhealthy situations you mention.

Bhangra time is not in contradiction or incompatiblity with sports or studies or work.

You see, every thing, every activity has a place and time, the week has 7 days and 24 hours in each day. 

If people have obesity, that rather has to do with the food they eat,  and lack of exercise, or whatever ... but certainly not because of bhangra....

Bhangra is enjoyable, is beautiful, is something our very own, and above all to feel proud about it, that too when most of the people in world be it of any nationality do enjoy that our music style.

It is adorable to be dressed and have fun whenever possible in that attire, I feel very much emotional, when I see how the people around the world talk only of goodness of Bhangra.

It not any other thing, let us see the positive side, dancing in bhangra style for even 30 minutes will help you burns some good amount of calories,  and make you move your whole body, it is somehow like excercising to an extent.

Bro, I respect everybody´s opinions, but let us be frank, bhangra in no way is the cause to feel ashamed of ourselves as sikhs, because "the drinkers" as said above,  just need any such ocassions to let their mind and body indulge in those one sided unhealthy/negative behaviours, which has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Bhul chuk maaf