(Are) 95% of Sikhs living stupid lifestyle?

Premi

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Meanwhile many an epic franchise fails to sequel... it's okay though . We got carry on jatt 3.....

Man, I really hope they make Sicario 3!

On 4/15/2023 at 3:06 PM, dalsingh101 said:

Wow man!! Looks great, such sophisticated culture on display! 

I think Panjabi 'film industry` is reaching lows which they never had before. The few 1980/1990s movies I've seen at least had some meaningful stories or songs. 

It seems that production has a lot more budget nowadays but quality is worsening. 

I know pendus mainly want low brow/light hearted stuff, but stuff like this takes the p*ss.

• 2 weeks later...

This video defo belongs here! 

In the 21st century apnay still singing and listening to songs about pubbhis........

11 minutes ago, Premi said:

These made me laugh, silly more than stupid really

I think it makes us look like clown fuddhus myself. But then again, the second video was from Wolves, so it was going to be northern-monkey backwards anyway. 

On 1/26/2022 at 11:53 PM, dalsingh101 said:

Do you think bhangra paa-ing like a fudhoo is a good thing for Sikhs? As well as all the pendu caste horseshyte that comes with this 'culture'?  Oh yeah , and also the promotion of whisky shishky culture. 

Problem is how average man defines Sikh. If Sikh is strictly as the Gurus and Khalsa see it, then maybe yes, Stupid applies. But applies to whom? Because if SIkh is defined as anyone regardless of mind and beliefs who is randomly born into a Sikh family, they may be better described only as Punjabis. In which case is it not the Panjabies who are living a stupid lifestyle? Maybe the issue is only AmritShakh should wear dastaars, and not the rest of us??

6 hours ago, ਰੂਪ ਢਿੱਲੋਂ said:

Problem is how average man defines Sikh. If Sikh is strictly as the Gurus and Khalsa see it, then maybe yes, Stupid applies. But applies to whom? Because if SIkh is defined as anyone regardless of mind and beliefs who is randomly born into a Sikh family, they may be better described only as Punjabis. In which case is it not the Panjabies who are living a stupid lifestyle? Maybe the issue is only AmritShakh should wear dastaars, and not the rest of us??

Upstanding ones. Correct in my opinion. That's why I cover kesh but don't yet wear a crown. 

19 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

I don't expect any perfect society, but when we continually and publically promote stupidity like this, it's too much and sort of provides fuel for negative stereotypes about our community from others (publically drunk, exhibitionist kunjars or kunjarees). Some things are better done in private, and discouraging that overly exuberant, pendu exhibitionism we routinely see, should be done from childhood. It's because people aren't taught and made to see how stupid this is, that they do it. Rather, in weddings and private functions many encourage it.  Movies encourage, videos encourage it. 

And personally I don't subscribe to that whole 'Punjabi identity' thing like you're suggesting. If anything I see these fudhoos as lost Sikhs. For years we had that mentality going on where conservatives in the community would just brush off some of the reckless, stupid behaviour from apneean (which often led to grooming and sexual abuse) as just something 'Punjabi girls' were doing not 'Sikh' ones, enabling them to do nothing about it, until the issue just grew and grew and they were forced to confront it.    That's the problem with what you are saying, brushing things off as Punjabi and not dealing with them is a lazy way out. 

point taken