Jeevan has fallen

Guest GuptSingh

Guest GuptSingh
17 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

do you have any stress on your life, such as work, commuting, school college uni?

Those are the kind of factors that actually affect my sikhi jeevan, and I have seen some people really go downwards due to these stressful activities. Stress can make a human behave differently, and activate base instincts in humans.

I would say the opposite is true, my current state of mind is causing stress and not vice versa. I don't normally worry about things and used to be quiet resilient, however now I panic, stress and worry over the smallest of problems and minor inconveniences. 

4 hours ago, paapiman said:

Generally speaking, you should choose (for Chaliye) the Gurbani Paath/Jaap/Mantars which give you the maximum joy.

How about you do this?

• Do an x amount of Sri Japjee Saab daily.
  • Also, do 6-8 malas of Khalsa Gayetri Mantar daily.

It will depend on how much time you have in a day. You should try to aim for Sava Lakh Jaap (especially for small Mantars). If you do 7 malas daily, you can do Sava Lakh (125,000 repetitions) in around 6 months.

Bhul chuk maaf

I will try to do 5 japji sahibs daily for 40 days starting Thursday, I have time to do this in the evening after rehras. I'll also listen to Gobinde Mukande while working etc, starting today as I'm not sure if I'll get time to do sit down and recite both myself right now. Is this okay? Will keep the sangat here updated.

4 hours ago, paapiman said:

Don't you take Vitamin D supplements?

Bhul chuk maaf

yes I do, have been since before the pandemic started.

3 hours ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

I would say the opposite is true, my current state of mind is causing stress and not vice versa. I don't normally worry about things and used to be quiet resilient, however now I panic, stress and worry over the smallest of problems and minor inconveniences. 

do you get enough sleep? maybe take extra naps to take your mind off things as well. I often fall asleep while listening to gurbani paat or keertan and have a nap. For myself, the typical 8-9 hour work day plus any commute time used to heighten my anxiety, I even went to a&e one day before the pandemic because I thought I was having a heart attack. However things are much better now since I work from home, or even if I commute as long as I can get a nap that also relaxes me as well. I use naps to get rid of stress and anxiety.

Guest Em Kaur

You sound like you are going through what's termed as the dark night of the soul.  It can be seen as a rite of passage on a spiritual journey and is when the ego is fighting to stay in control.  

There are loads of info on this so might be useful to look up the symptoms as see if it fits.  If you are going through this then you would need to be an observer of the mind and your anxiety.  It will teach you that you are not the egoic mind but something much greater.  Pain and anxiety are common indicators of this period and surrender is key.  

Guest GuptSingh
3 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

yes I do, have been since before the pandemic started.

do you get enough sleep? maybe take extra naps to take your mind off things as well. I often fall asleep while listening to gurbani paat or keertan and have a nap. For myself, the typical 8-9 hour work day plus any commute time used to heighten my anxiety, I even went to a&e one day before the pandemic because I thought I was having a heart attack. However things are much better now since I work from home, or even if I commute as long as I can get a nap that also relaxes me as well. I use naps to get rid of stress and anxiety.

I can't control sleep tbh - also one of the reasons my amrit vela and nitnem has declined. I feel like I haven't had a proper sleep even after 8/9 hours. I've tried sleeping less, sleeping more and sleeping more often but for less time. None of the above worked. 

1 hour ago, Guest Em Kaur said:

You sound like you are going through what's termed as the dark night of the soul.  It can be seen as a rite of passage on a spiritual journey and is when the ego is fighting to stay in control.  

There are loads of info on this so might be useful to look up the symptoms as see if it fits.  If you are going through this then you would need to be an observer of the mind and your anxiety.  It will teach you that you are not the egoic mind but something much greater.  Pain and anxiety are common indicators of this period and surrender is key.  

Please explain in more detail if possible, is there any mention of this in gurbani? If so please explain with parmaan from gurbani. 

44 minutes ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

I can't control sleep tbh - also one of the reasons my amrit vela and nitnem has declined. I feel like I haven't had a proper sleep even after 8/9 hours. I've tried sleeping less, sleeping more and sleeping more often but for less time. None of the above worked. 

Please explain in more detail if possible, is there any mention of this in gurbani? If so please explain with parmaan from gurbani. 

You do anything like rock climbing, swimming, off trail running, or budo? 

Are you surrendering, and releasing when you do Simran?

You ever drink bhang?

Do you know much about the sexual predation on the Paanth?

How does that make you feel?

Guest GuptSingh
1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

You do anything like rock climbing, swimming, off trail running, or budo? 

Are you surrendering, and releasing when you do Simran?

You ever drink bhang?

Do you know much about the sexual predation on the Paanth?

How does that make you feel?

I mentioned earlier I'm not physical active as I face a lot anxiety going outside recently, but I've made steps to change that and have started exercising on treadmill and cross trainer at home. Hopefully I can overcome anxiety with satguru ji kirpa and take up other exercises that you've mentioned or gym or sports etc. 

I've not done bhang, I've been influenced a lot by taksali singhs so I don't do any form of intoxicants, not even tea or coffee. 

To be honest I don't understand the other two questions, which will answer the second one, no I don't have much knowledge on sexual predation on spiritual path. 

41 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Gurbani talks about how all freinds and family will fail you, and that you alone are incapable of many things and that through this we realize that our only Friend is 1. As part of your marriage ceremony with 1. Only Satguru can guide you across the world ocean and merge you with themself. 

The nature of Kalyug's hate for the holy is also referenced numerous ways. As are the pressence of negative energies that only the Gurmantar and Gurbani counter, as Sikhs. If we were another tradition we would use another Naam. 

But as you go through this phase of having your coin poured, minted, and struck, you go through what others have identified as "a dark night of the soul." As a testament to your good works not bad, but hard to accept as that, as it involves a lot of fears and suffering and illusions being stripped away while you appear ever alone. But you are not alone. You have Vaheguru Akal Purakh and always did. Think back to all the magic moments in life and see this is true, all your near misses, graces, lessons. Always was Satguru with you. 

You're obviously familiar with Gurbani. So you can apprecaite how referencing the individual Angs would be too numerous. 

Perhaps there is a perfect Ang to reference but I don't know it off the top of my head. 

In Aikido when we have been doing much rote practice, we do two things. We go back to ichi no suburi, our physical equivalent to Gurmantar, and we do less of them, but we do them way slower. With way more intensity of focus not effort. We strive to do a perfect single cut versus a thousand cuts to make us one day perfect.

We also do more brutal...well direct, applications of technique, like multiple attacker with weapons where we take out each attacker in one direct move. Or shut down an attacker in one move. More Bir Ras. 

What's that have to do with you?

Perfect Gurmantar. Single repetition. 

And a summoning of Bir Ras. Warrior training. Even if it's sword cuts with a salotar at home, but even better do Shastar Vidya, or Iwama Ryu Aikido or Iwama Shinshin Aiki Shuren Kai, Aikido. Or box. Or do hema. 

Thanks for the summary. It reminds of a katha I've heard will post the link if I can find it. 

You talk about Maharaj kirpa when your problem is lack of money or woman (be honest). 

Last night I watched a Youtube video with a guy in it who said everything he got was thanks to Maharaj kirpa.

This guy talks brilliantly and says all the right things. He dresses impeccably. You've heard of him. But from what I know, what he got was through favour from a sociopathic ally at just the right time.  

I can't tell you sweet things and I don't have as much as that guy. But all I know is - better to have just a little and have your integrity intact so you can face your own conscience. That may be the only kirpa that matters.

19 hours ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

It does sound like you may be in the initial stages of Depression. Some people might be in denial that they are entering into Depression. Please be careful. It is much easier to resolve a problem in its early stages. Depression can get really bad over time (if left untreated) and then you will have to go for strong anti-depressants (which further may have side effects).

Right now, IMHO, you can talk to a Ayurvedic doctor and get some medication (or start taking the Herbal supplement mentioned in this thread). Keep doing Naam Simran, taking cold showers, engaging in workouts, etc, along with it. Do these for 3-4 weeks and then see if there is an improvement in your mental health.

What job do you do? Can you get a leave of absence from your work?

Are you planning to get married? 

Bhul chuk maaf

10 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

Naps can be beneficial, but we just have to careful with bad breadth afterwards. Always rinse with mouthwash or chew a gum after taking a nap.

Bhul chuk maaf

14 hours ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

I will try to do 5 japji sahibs daily for 40 days starting Thursday, I have time to do this in the evening after rehras. I'll also listen to Gobinde Mukande while working etc, starting today as I'm not sure if I'll get time to do sit down and recite both myself right now. Is this okay? Will keep the sangat here updated.

You should avoid doing Sri Japjee saab Paaths after sunset.

How about you do some in the morning and the rest of the day you focus on the Jaap of Gobinde Mukande? 

Bhul chuk maaf

5 hours ago, Guest GuptSingh said:

I've not done bhang, I've been influenced a lot by taksali singhs so I don't do any form of intoxicants, not even tea or coffee. 

Do you feel like drinking tea or coffee?

Do you feel like eating eggs or meat?

Some of the Rehats followed in Taksaal are mainly meant for people, who are students in Taksaals. You are not a Taksaali. So don't worry too much about their Maryada for now.

Bhul chuk maaf

8 hours ago, Rupra Wiljit said:

You talk about Maharaj kirpa when your problem is lack of money or woman (be honest). 

Last night I watched a Youtube video with a guy in it who said everything he got was thanks to Maharaj kirpa.

This guy talks brilliantly and says all the right things. He dresses impeccably. You've heard of him. But from what I know, what he got was through favour from a sociopathic ally at just the right time.  

I can't tell you sweet things and I don't have as much as that guy. But all I know is - better to have just a little and have your integrity intact so you can face your own conscience. That may be the only kirpa that matters.

Please kindly share the video, Ji

Guest GuptSingh
8 hours ago, Rupra Wiljit said:

I wouldn't be posting here if I wanted money or a wife. 

5 hours ago, paapiman said:

It does sound like you may be in the initial stages of Depression. Some people might be in denial that they are entering into Depression. Please be careful. It is much easier to resolve a problem in its early stages. Depression can get really bad over time (if left untreated) and then you will have to go for strong anti-depressants (which further may have side effects).

Right now, IMHO, you can talk to a Ayurvedic doctor and get some medication (or start taking the Herbal supplement mentioned in this thread). Keep doing Naam Simran, taking cold showers, engaging in workouts, etc, along with it. Do these for 3-4 weeks and then see if there is an improvement in your mental health.

What job do you do? Can you get a leave of absence from your work?

Are you planning to get married? 

Bhul chuk maaf

I'm on placement year from uni and I'm about to finish soon anyway. I will follow the advice you've mentioned above. 

I'm not looking to get married just yet in my current state of mind. 

Do you listen to Gurbani, just before going to sleep?

Bhul chuk maaf

Yes I recite rakhiya de shabad, sohila sahib and salok before sleeping. 

You should avoid doing Sri Japjee saab Paaths after sunset.

How about you do some in the morning and the rest of the day you focus on the Jaap of Gobinde Mukande? 

Bhul chuk maaf

Satbachan ji. 

Do you feel like drinking tea or coffee?

Do you feel like eating eggs or meat?

Some of the Rehats followed in Taksaal are mainly meant for people, who are students in Taksaals. You are not a Taksaali. So don't worry too much about their Maryada for now.

Bhul chuk maaf

There's no desire for me to drink tea or coffee, personally I found it disgusting and they used to make me feel sick when I had tea or coffee as a child. 

I've never tried meat or eggs and don't want to either. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 6:11 AM, Guest GuptSingh said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh. 

Dass is a 21 year old singh, I've been blessed with seva, simran, gurbani, kirtan daat from a young age and with Satguru ji's kirpa I was blessed with amrit when I was 17.

Slowly I was able progressing with my gursikhi jeevan, I was reciting gurbani whenever I could in my free time and even while during commutes to school and uni etc and was listening to katha and kirtan and performing various seva when I was able to. I felt like this was fruitful as my mindset was changing and I was blessed with more gursikh like qualities such as patience, humbleness, I was becoming more kind and calm etc. 

In the past year or 2 I've noticed my jeevan has fallen significantly and is nowhere near where it was before. I'm barely reciting any gurbani - I'm just doing the bare minimum 7 bania even then they rushed and not recited with prem and sharda. I'm no longer able to do anything sikhi related as I've lost something I'm not sure what, I feel very empty sikhiwise and I can't concentrate on katha, kirtan, gurbani etc. when I try to force myself to do something anyway. 

As a result I've lost qualities gained by Maharaj kirpa and I've now gained bad qualities like hatred, jealousy, laziness and panj vikaar etc. have a stronger effect on me. 

I've also fallen in a worldly sense too, don't if that's linked. I'm very anxious, lost a lot of confidence and have been dealing with depression too. I'm struggling at work and uni and my health is not as good as it used to be. 

Please can guru sangat guide me. Thank you for your help in advance. 

I was listenning to Baba Nand Singh Ji's Kathy yesterday. When your Keegan is rising think that your past karma merit has taken fruit, if Jivan is falling then some past paap / sin karm has taken fruit. However, you realizing the fact that your jivan is falling is still positive sign. I would say put all your effort and do ardaas.