Aad Chand and Shivji Maharaj

Narsingha

Chaand%203.jpg

Quite a few people have recently started to adopt the Nihang Nishani of the "Aad Chand" in their profiles/avatars, etc.

Its great to see so many Sikhs finally starting to respect Shivji Maharaj who is represented by the Aad Chand. (more info on this coming soon on www.shastarvidiya.org, along with explanation of origin of the "Kakkars")

Incidentally, for those freaking out at the mention of Shivji, respect is distinct from worship....

shiva.jpg

Jai Jai Sri Mahakaal

Jai Jai Sri Rudra Maharaj

Jai Jai Sri Chandika

:LOL:

Its great to see so many Sikhs finally starting to respect Shivji Maharaj who is represented by the Aad Chand.

we all do..But guroo avtar is guroo avtar..No hindu diety could be even compared to our guroo's sahiban. This remind me of this verse from dasam guroo durbar by guroo gobind singh maharaj:

Ek shiv bhaie ek gayaie ek fir bhaie

Ramchandar Krishan Kaie Avtar Biii Anaik Hai

Bhrama Aur Bishan kataie ved au puran kaitaie

simrat smahan kai hoi hoi bitaie

maundi madhar kaitaie ausni kamar kaitaie

ansa avtaar kaita kaaaaaaaal baaas bhaie haaie

pir aur bhiiikambar kaitaie gaanie n parat aaietaie

boomi hiii taie hoiii kaie fair boomi hii millai haaie

(Dasam Gurooo Durbar)

Reference:

http://www.gobindsadan.org/institute/dasam/pdf/v1_2.pdf

page 10, 13th line from top.

Akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal hee akaaaaaaaaaaaaal :LOL:

I see the myhtical personality of Mahesh, as a good role model.Detached yet involved with the world at the same time.

Also, Mahesh is born of Ekaa Maa-ee; says so in Jap Ji Sahib.As the anthropomorphic representation of Tamo Gun, I know that Mahesh is a part of me.

There are many gods and shakti that reside in the body microcosm.

What about Vahiguru?Well, Vahiguru is not a god or goddess.

Vahiguru = :?:

I wonder Narsingha, can you tell me what you think of the following, from Kabio Baach Benti Chaupai:

Mahadev ko kahat Sada Shiv.

Nirankar ki cheenat nah bhiv.

Who is the Mahadev, who the Sada Shiv?Mahadev = ShivJi?Sada Shiv = Vahiguru.Sada Shiv = Eternal Shiv?.Shiv = good fortune or fortunate doesn't it?Does the above mean:

They call Mahadev the Eternal Shiv.

They cannot understand/find the Formless One.

Or does it mean:

Sada Shiv says to Mahadev;

You do not understand the Formless One.

Apologies for my own translation :oops:

I would like to know your views please Narsingha Ji. :D

wat does this mean????????????????/

??????????????????????????????

• 1 month later...

Jakaaara Gajaavaa Fateh Paveeeh Shiv JI Nooh Man No Paveeeh Sat Sri Akaaaaaaaall..

Goooor Br Akaaaaaaal ..

Just as Guru and Satguru are the same, Just as Jan and Har jan are the same just as a wave and the ocean are one and the same in the same way shiv and mahashiv or sadashiv are one and the same.

Shiv Ji has given us much more then just the Aad chand

The great gift of the Kashera was given by Bajrang bali Hunuman Ji(incarnation of Shiv Ji)

Blue dress of the khalsa panth – blue skin of Shiv Ji

Bhagauti as a source of shakti and protection at our side – Parvati (shakti) at the side of shiv

The farla of Guru Gobind Singh Ji maharaj and Akali Nihang Singhs – Ganga on the head of Shiv Ji

In oral tradition the roop of the khalsa is sometimes called Shivsaroop. It is also said that amrit was once kept by the devta (as it is the nectar which makes mortals into devta) at Shivpuri (shivs kingdom) and Guru Gobind Singh Ji took it from Shiv Puri and bought it to Anand Puri.

There are many many more gifts and blessings that Shiv Ji graced on the panth.

The whole guru chela concept in the khalsa also can be seen between Sri Raam Ji and Shiv Ji,

Sri Raam Ji chela of Shiv Ji --- Sikhs chela of Guru

Shiv Ji becomes Hunuman Ji – Guru Creates khalsa

Hunuman chela of Raam --- Guru Chela of Sikhs/Khalsa

p.s

If you believe in caste or not its worth noting that Jatts are said to come from the Jatta

(knotted hair) of Shiv Ji.

It would be intresting to find out if jallandar the district in Punjab has any links to jallandhar the demon who came out from shiv ji? It would explain the high labido and aggression of doabia ppl.

The shabad from Akaal ustaat pauree 77 I tried to give a wishy washy translation to:

One Shiv came one went and then another came

There are many avtars like Sri Raamchandar and Krishan Maharaj

There are many bhrams, Vishnu, veds, and purans

And many writers of Smritis who have come and gone

Loads of (protects of faith)MuavNudeen and Madhar have been, and many Ashwani Kumars

There have been many Avtars who have come to kaal(death)

Many pirs(holy men) and prophets too many to count

From the earth they came (born) and then meet with the earth again (die)

As this bani is about the ustaat of Akaal (the immortal) this pauree as majority of this section of the bani indicate that nothing is beyond kaal except the one who is Akaal (god) everything including shiv and bhram all either merge into god or remain in the cycle of birth and death but non are beyond death except Akaalpurakh.

Now one may say that the statement about Shiv coming and going shows he is in the cycle of births and deaths, but then again hes an avtar, and that’s what avtars do!

Just as Guru Gobind Singh indicates in Bachitar Natak he too had to come back to be born again as an avtar. Guru Nanak has constantly come and gone throughout the four yugs as indicated in Aad Granth Maharaj Bhatta de savaye mahalla pehle ke pauree 7 ang 1390.

:twisted:

Guest chamkila

I think Narsingha must be some sort of Hindu supportor, that site that he links to makes Sikh look like hindu, post picture of Hindu gods. Let just learn about Sikhi and forget about hindus. It could be that Narsingha is part of RSS.

Let just learn about Sikhi and forget about hindus

we cant learn sikhi properly if we dont know about hindus, bani quotes and tell us about hindu and muslim and christan faiths.

an example. http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4140

if we didnt know the adam and eve story. then who is Adam is this context??

We should learn about many faiths, only then can we understand ours better.

Guest chamkila

we cant learn sikhi properly if we dont know about hindus, bani quotes and tell us about hindu and muslim and christan faiths.

an example. http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4140

if we didnt know the adam and eve story. then who is Adam is this context??

We should learn about many faiths, only then can we understand ours better.

I agree with you but I still think that Narsingha promotes the hindu faith, just have a look at his website is the the information right as Gursikh can we do what he's site show.

Also if I was new to sikhi and I had a look at that site, what would I think about Sikhi that we can eat meat and pray to hindu gods, so for me his site is anti-sikhi and he is RSS.

I try reading about different faiths all the time, but the way that Narsingha site deal with Sikhi is wrong.

Guest Javanmard

shows you've got some sence. now look!

Angel Gabriel is found in the Old Testamant right? Does that mean that Gabriel is a Jew? NO!

Prophet Muhammad received the Quran from angel Gabriel. Does that make the Prophet a Jew? NO!

Is Durga a Hindu? NO!

Does the presence of Durga in Dasam Granth make it Hindu? NO!

Guest chamkila

shows you've got some sence. now look!

Angel Gabriel is found in the Old Testamant right? Does that mean that Gabriel is a Jew? NO!

Prophet Muhammad received the Quran from angel Gabriel. Does that make the Prophet a Jew? NO!

Is Durga a Hindu? NO!

Does the presence of Durga in Dasam Granth make it Hindu? NO!

Thats right, but its the way people present the information people still think Sikh are a sect of the Hindu faith so If the information is presented in a wrong way then people still will think that Sikh are a sect of the hindu faith.

At work a Sikh person told my boss that Sikh are a sect of the hindu faith and my boss belived this so called Sikh person, one day he asked me so you are a sect of the hindu faith, then I started to tell him about Sikhi he then understond that Sikhism is a different faith to the hinduism.

So at the end of the day its the way that the information is presented to the person, I still think Narsingha site persent the information in a wrong why which makes in anti-Sikhi and him a RSS.

Guest Javanmard

well sarbloh.info does not do that and you can tell that SIkh person that he's an idiot really. SIkhism is a religion as are Islam, Vaishnavism, Shaivism, Samrtism etc... but Hinduism is a British colonial creation.

The question is not: are Sikhs HIndus?

The real question is: Is there any such thing called Hinduism? NO!

Guest chamkila

well sarbloh.info does not do that and you can tell that SIkh person that he's an idiot really. SIkhism is a religion as are Islam, Vaishnavism, Shaivism, Samrtism etc... but Hinduism is a British colonial creation.

The question is not: are Sikhs HIndus?

The real question is: Is there any such thing called Hinduism? NO!

Thats great you have a view, I still think that shastarvidiya.org is anti-sikhi and if sarbloh.info created by the same people then it may also be anti-Sikhi but my knowledgy on Sikhi is not great,

so I will not be able to check every word of sarbloh.info.

I have also told my boss to tell that Sikh person that he/she should not call them self Sikh if they don't know what it is.

Guest Javanmard

Thats great you have a view, I still think that shastarvidiya.org is anti-sikhi and if sarbloh.info created by the same people then it may also be anti-Sikhi but my knowledgy on Sikhi is not great,

so I will not be able to check every word of sarbloh.info.

your statment is not logical and just follows ideology. If your knowledge of SIkhi is as you have described then don't comment on shastarvidiya.org. The site might be different from the type of SIkhi you have been brought up in but that does not mean it's anti-SIkh!

Guest chamkila

your statment is not logical and just follows ideology. If your knowledge of SIkhi is as you have described then don't comment on shastarvidiya.org. The site might be different from the type of SIkhi you have been brought up in but that does not mean it's anti-SIkh!

I have said that because sarbloh.info deals with different sect of Sikhi and I don't know about all of these sect so I am unable to make a comment on sarbloh.info because of this.

Guest Javanmard

well look up in Dr. Harbans Singh's Encyclopaedia of Sikhism in four volumes and check. You'll be surprised how "anti-SIkh" the site is. :wink:

Don't believe things just because someone puts it up on a website!

Check for yourself! :wink: