BREAKING NEWS: Sidhu Moosewala Shot Dead

Just seen this on Satellite TV

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/punjabi-singer-sidhu-moosewala-fired-upon-in-states-mansa-district-3019920

Punjabi Singer Sidhu Moosewala Shot Dead, Day After Security Withdrawn

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/singer-sidhu-moosewala-shot-at-in-punjab-village-1955684-2022-05-29

Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala shot dead day after security withdrawn

Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala was shot dead in Jawaharke village of Mansa district on Sunday.

Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Jawaharke village of Mansa district on Sunday, May 29.

This follows just a day after Punjab Police withdrew security of 424 people, including of Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala.

Sidhu Moosewala had contested the Punjab assembly election on a Congress ticket from Mansa and was defeated by the AAP candidate Vijay Singla by a huge margin of 63,000 votes. Vijay Singla was recently sacked by Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann over charges of corruption.

Last month, Sidhu Moosewala had sparked a row after he targeted the Aam Aadmi Party and its supporters in his latest song ‘Scapegoat’. The singer had allegedly called AAP supporters ‘gaddar’ (traitor) in his song.

56 minutes ago, Premi said:

Just seen this on Satellite TV

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/punjabi-singer-sidhu-moosewala-fired-upon-in-states-mansa-district-3019920

Punjabi Singer Sidhu Moosewala Shot Dead, Day After Security Withdrawn

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/singer-sidhu-moosewala-shot-at-in-punjab-village-1955684-2022-05-29

Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala shot dead day after security withdrawn

Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala was shot dead in Jawaharke village of Mansa district on Sunday.

Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Jawaharke village of Mansa district on Sunday, May 29.

This follows just a day after Punjab Police withdrew security of 424 people, including of Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala.

Sidhu Moosewala had contested the Punjab assembly election on a Congress ticket from Mansa and was defeated by the AAP candidate Vijay Singla by a huge margin of 63,000 votes. Vijay Singla was recently sacked by Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann over charges of corruption.

Last month, Sidhu Moosewala had sparked a row after he targeted the Aam Aadmi Party and its supporters in his latest song ‘Scapegoat’. The singer had allegedly called AAP supporters ‘gaddar’ (traitor) in his song.

Welcome to both politics and it's relationship with the music industry and gun violence. A lot of that in the states.

Some people in the states, black people, take the moneyz and run and just keep in line. Anyone who takes that sell out success money, and puts it back into the community, or politics, is killed here. 

If you let the token success stories become activist a people will unopress themselves. If you let those paid to.. poison the minds of the youth with their influence flip? People unopress themselves. Once you take that deal with the devil money it's done for you. 

You are in an opressed state. You will be kept in it. 

11 minutes ago, Premi said:

Could be completely off the mark, I didn't really know much about him, but maybe there was Intelligence that he was becoming politically active against the 'State' like Deep Sidhu was.

9 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

What, after totally misdirecting a generation of Sikh youth with his caste shyte? 

Both these things. 

37 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

What, after totally misdirecting a generation of Sikh youth with his caste shyte? 

I know the caste issue is important and wrong to promote, but none of my family back home or extended relatives talk about it. Important as it is to address, it is by no means as prominent as you make it to be. Glorifying gangster lifestyle and other gandh is probably a bigger problem especially by others like Jazzy B and Honey Singh etc.

I guess no one would have thought Deep Sidhu would have become an important Sikh 'leader' a couple of years back. 

2 minutes ago, Premi said:

I know the caste issue is important and wrong to promote, but none of my family back home or extended relatives talk about it. Important as it is to address, it is by no means as prominent as you make it to be. Glorifying gangster lifestyle and other gandh is probably a bigger problem especially by others like Jazzy B and Honey Singh etc.

I guess no one would have thought Deep Sidhu would have become an important Sikh 'leader' a couple of years back. 

It's good in both cases to see some redemption before their ends. Really moving actually. Good for them both. May it inspire all the lax and wayward to come back to Dharam. 

2 hours ago, Premi said:

I think all these things are part and parcel of the same planned decline.

You say it's not as prominent as I make out, but keep it real, we've had decades of caste based politics going on that even corrupted our top dharmic institutes - the one place we might have looked to for panthic direction in a rapidly changing and often hostile world. But instead we had caste based voting being normalised, and then we even fell so low that votes were being bought off by bottles of whisky.  We've still have an apartheid-like marginalisation of dalits in many places. We've had xtianity come in and convert hordes too in this time, as well as mazhbhis leaving the panth fed up of the discrimination. 

By the way, your experiences might be because a lot of your family comes from a relatively enlightened part of Panjab in this area, Malwa. It's not the same in other places. It's sad on a human level that he died, and I'm not sure what exactly is going on with all of the sudden removal of security. It's ominous. But then it may well bring back the importance of arranging your own security back home instead of relying on the state?   Something really fishy is going on. It's like something big is being slyly engineered.    

32 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

By the way, your experiences might be because a lot of your family comes from a relatively enlightened part of Panjab in this area, Malwa. It's not the same in other places. It's sad on a human level that he died, and I'm not sure what exactly is going on with all of the sudden removal of security. It's ominous. But then it may well bring back the importance of arranging your own security back home instead of relying on the state?   Something really fishy is going on. It's like something big is being slyly engineered.    

Most people who have serious money and are not politicians in Panjab, can afford at least one gunman/bodyguard, if not more. 

59 minutes ago, Premi said:

Most people who have serious money and are not politicians in Panjab, can afford at least one gunman/bodyguard, if not more. 

Why do you think so much security has been pulled recently? And why do you think the Akal Takht jathedar has pushed for all Sikhs to get licensed weapons all of a sudden? Plus what you've said doesn't really take away from the other points I made. 

We've been selling out our dharam for caste, and it's had serious, deep rooted negative effects. Maybe most people (not all) from the background who are responsible for this don't really care because it just gives them that caste ego boost they can't seem to live without. Some of us others can see how its messing up the panth though.  

6 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Why do you think so much security has been pulled recently? And why do you think the Akal Takht jathedar has pushed for all Sikhs to get licensed weapons all of a sudden? Plus what you've said doesn't really take away from the other points I made. 

No idea. But it could be leading to something like this in the States. 

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp-video/mmvo141035589909

Vice President Kamala Harris called for a ban on assault weapons in the wake of recent mass shootings saying "we're not looking for a vaccine; we know what works on this". Harris was in Buffalo to attend the funeral for Ruth Whitfield who was a victim of a mass shooting at a Tops supermarket.

Whether the call for Sikhs to arm themselves is to lead them towards a US-like ban etc or whether it is to actually help them against any state -led violence, I don’t know

I don’t think my family are especially enlightened. 

From what I know, the situation of jatts towards other castes in the pind is nowhere as extreme as it was 2-3 generations ago. This is told to me from close family who have lived in the pind and grew up there unlike us.

I understand nowadays so-called ‘lower caste’ people do not put up with anything like the level of disrespect that was commoner in the past, so progress is being made on the whole .

17 minutes ago, Premi said:

No idea. But it could be leading to something like this in the States. 

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp-video/mmvo141035589909

Vice President Kamala Harris called for a ban on assault weapons in the wake of recent mass shootings saying "we're not looking for a vaccine; we know what works on this". Harris was in Buffalo to attend the funeral for Ruth Whitfield who was a victim of a mass shooting at a Tops supermarket.

Whether the call for Sikhs to arm themselves is to lead them towards a US-like ban etc or whether it is to actually help them against any state -led violence, I don’t know

You know what, you're right, Waheguru knows what games are being played right now. Time to be extra alert. 

8 minutes ago, Premi said:

I don’t think my family are especially enlightened. 

From what I know, the situation of jatts towards other castes in the pind is nowhere as extreme as it was 2-3 generations ago. This is told to me from close family who have lived in the pind and grew up there unlike us.

I understand nowadays so-called ‘lower caste’ people do not put up with anything like the level of disrespect that was commoner in the past, so progress is being made on the whole .

It might not be as overt or extreme as before, but it still dictates a lot. It's parallel to racism when you think about it, people may argue a lot of progress has been made, but for the people on the receiving end, it's still a big negative factor on them and their family's lives.    

• 4 months later...