Astral Travel, Out of Body expereinces

HeyDudesWassup

what does Sikhi say about self induced astral travel and out of body experiences through meditation or concentration?

It is possible. Remember Nrath muni had a ability to go out of body expereinces and also had a ability to change one body to another. But this is something called riddhi-sidhaa in sikhi. Gurooo sahib says dont concentrate on spirtual powers ...powers its like an maya that can make person full of ego... remember harnaksh... how did he had a power to be alive until someone comes kill him nor in a midknight nor in a day, nor human nor beast. Then god himself manifest himself into narsingha...which was half human half tiger and killed the ego ful harnaksh. Also read bachittar natak of guroo gobind singh maharaj to understand how all these people including mohmaad gained power and started their own thing...and made people praising them instead of one akaaal!.

what does Sikhi say about self induced astral travel and out of body experiences through meditation or concentration?

I don't think as far as I know, that there is any direct reference to "astral ravel" or "out of body experiences" within Gurbani.

I believe that astral travel is mind illusion; now this is coming from a person with experience in meditation and it's various effects.

The mind is very powerful at creating illusions.Very powerful.Just one more thing, Neo, you said:

Then god himself manifest himself into narsingha...which was half human half tiger and killed the ego ful harnaksh.

Yes, that's all very well, but you do know these are mythical stories which impart spiritual knowledge, don't you?Mythology should never be believed as literal history, that is the realm of delusion and illusory psychic realities.

But myhtology is not just silly stories.Get the balance right people.

Mythology is neither silly stories nor literal history.Mythology is just how ancients liked to impart esoteric knowledge.

I have no need for mythology anymore.Not since...

I have experienced astral projection and my brother does it quite regularly and it's quite an amazing experience. After that you realise that death is nothing really because your soul is eternal :D

Can you describe what you people cee... ? :roll:

Astral Travel is not an illusion, you are fully aware and capable of moving your hands and you have your senses in tact, atleast as far as I know. Basically you just go into a different realm and expereince different beings and such. Lot's of people astral travel.

If you are interested on the astral travel subject you can visit here and click on each book to read its description:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...3709496-8199856

Important thing is not to get wrapped up in these spiritual powers and go offtrack, after all our goal is to unite with God.

Hari,

People always say that they saw different types of creatures in the astral realm similar to dragons and such. This makes me think maybe mythology did take place but in the astral realm.

I just want to be clear about illusion and reality. I beleive an illusion or hallucinations are created by people who do drugs and think they are seeing something in a different realm BUT people who meditate without the use of drugs expereince the real thing. Anyone want to clear it up?

lalleshvari,

This is a topic of interest to me not to gain powers and be a slave of the occult BUT to know what is out there. If you would like to share anything about your astral travels that would be great however if not then I fully understand as well.

Yes , there was a time where I believed, just like Buddhists and Vedantins do that everything is illusion, but my Beloved One is real and all he does is real. :D

What kind of Illusion ? :(

It is Maya-jaal, illusion which is born of ignorance.Simple as that I'm afraid.It is a symptom of a wandering mind.These kinds of illusions and psychic realities are huge obstacles on the path of Self-Realisation.People underestimate their strength, the reason for these kinds of experiences are to ensare the Yogin in Maya-jaal.To keep the Yogin from entering Turiya/Chautha Pad, and eventually Turiya Atit.

If you wish to go around thinking you are performing astral travel, then good luck to you.Just don't say I didn't warn you: you will be going round and round in metaphysical circles!

Eventually you will become desillusioned by your spiritual endeavors, and maybe even give up.It can happen you know.It does happen.

I speak from experience.If you want to poo-poo my arguments, then that's fine.Know that you can't achieve Guru Dev, unless you have a guide, otherwise you'll be going round in circles. :bling:

Cloud-cuckoo land is a prison, don't you know. :LOL:

Hari,

I understand that people often explore on good intentions fall and become a slave of occult powers that they have received. What do you mean by a guide?

You say "These kinds of illusions and psychic realities are huge obstacles on the path of Self-Realisation", but how can we realise ourselves without exploring?

If I were to ever Astral Travel (Or whatever name anyone wants to give it), I would just ask God to guide me and if I'm not meant to go there please don't let me.

Hari,

I understand that people often explore on good intentions fall and become a slave of occult powers that they have received. What do you mean by a guide?

You say "These kinds of illusions and psychic realities are huge obstacles on the path of Self-Realisation", but how can we realise ourselves without exploring?

If I were to ever Astral Travel (Or whatever name anyone wants to give it), I would just ask God to guide me and if I'm not meant to go there please don't let me.

Some GurSikhs can clearly see out of their third eye and other senses are enhanced by so much. They have been doing naam simran for a long time to acquire this. They acquire this so God tests them if they get wrapped up in this or if they keep following the true path?

HeyDudesWassup:

There is no need to "explore".Understand this.Do as your Satguru says: Naam Simran.Where does your Satguru mention about astral travel/OBE's?These kinds of things lead to a dead end.

I thought people like -lalleshvari- and others knew better.Obviously people are only pseudo-intellectuals, with lots of resource books, who go on the interent, making people think they are Puran Gursikh, am I wrong?Please say I am wrong.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: The mind is very mamtaa cheez.It is hard not go somewhere where your not supposed to.Concentrate on Naam.

People here are very naive about these things, thinking that it's all rosy and beautiful.There are many pitfalls and traps in spiritual endeavor.A person can even develop psychotic disorders.Concentrate on Naam Vahiguru.

Some GurSikhs can clearly see out of their third eye and other senses are enhanced by so much. They have been doing naam simran for a long time to acquire this. They acquire this so God tests them if they get wrapped up in this or if they keep following the true path?

This is again naivete on your part I'm afraid.What you have said above is based on conjecture and false spiritual detritus; the realm of fantasy and myth making.

How do you know that some gursikhs can clearly see through their third eye?Don't get me wrong, I have had similar experiences, but I wouldn't want you believe that, you learn how to experience that.

Don't blindly believe, experience.Experience, then abandon

Experience, then abandon.

Concentrate on Naam Vahiguru.

Simple test to see if you are experiencing astral travel/projection or OBE's

Tell someone to go in another room.Tell them to write something in large letters on a piece of large paper, and hold it infront of them.You ofcourse won't know what they've written.

In another room, go into trance and bring on feeling of seperation from body."Go to" the other room and see what has been written on that piece of paper.

Do you think you will see what is written on the paper.Try it and see, why don't you. :twisted:

If anyone would like some advice on these kinds of pseudo-spiritual experiences, then you are welcome to ask me via privare message or on message boards.I will help as best as I can.

Beware of Maya-jaal, Kaal-jaal, Mrig-trishna, Gandhrav Nagari etc

I will help, just ask.

Hari,

I don't understand what you are talking about, you barely make sense. Have you read bhai randheer singh ji books? I have not but have read some literature here:

http://www.akj.org/skins/default/literature.php

Bhai Randheer Singh ji could see out of his third eye clearly and even hear your thoughts louder then words. You mean to tell me he has a psychotic disorder? I'm sure you mean the people that come into contact with negative entities and start to hear little voices that tell them to do bad things?

Dude,

I could care less what was on that piece of paper but if you want to test real psychics then go ahead they will tell you what is on that peice of paper. Some psychics had similar tests done on them and some knew what was on that peice of paper. Anyways this is not astral traveling, duh.

I myself have never astral traveled on purpose(only had 1 expereince and came out of it rather quickly) but it was out of my control. You seem to be mad at your own experiences and are taking it out on everyone else OR you came into contact with negative entities and have been where you should not have been?

You tell me to "Don't blindly believe, experience.Experience, then abandon" BUT then you are contradicting yourself and telling me not to experience.

You ask "Where does your Satguru mention about astral travel/OBE's?" , where does he say this is bad? enlighten me please.

"It is hard not go somewhere where your not supposed to.Concentrate on Naam." I agree concentrate on Naam but these types of expereinces are common for people who have been meditating for some time. anyways whoever does astral travel, lucid dreaming they can just ask God to guide them and keep them away from stuff they are not supposed to expereince, do you atleast agree with this?

Anyways I'm confused of your postings.

Simple test to see if you are experiencing astral travel/projection or OBE's

Do you think you will see what is written on the paper.Try it and see, why don't you. :twisted: