Favourite english language films

Guest BikramjitSingh

Guest BikramjitSingh

HARRY POTTER RULES!!!! :LOL:

umm..Shawshank what?! :shock:

Gurpreet Kaur I repeat what I wrote earlier about the film to Steel Bangle

Shawshank Redemption is one of the all time greatest movies. It's amazing that so many people are still unaware of it. But the ones with good taste in films, like you and I know what a great film it is.

Man, i loved Shawshank Redemption. Great Story, Great Acting, Great Ending, have't even read hairy putter books let alone watching the flim

Amardeep Singh I officially confirm that you also have a great taste in movies !

Shawshank Redemption has so many mistakes

Truth Singh you do not.

What kind of saddos set up a website solely to point out the mistakes in a film ?

Gurpreet Kaur I repeat what I wrote earlier about the film to Steel Bangle

Amardeep Singh I officially confirm that you also have a great taste in movies !

Truth Singh you do not.

What kind of saddos set up a website solely to point out the mistakes in a film ?

:roll: And everybody was blaming me for being Judgemental... :LOL:

Guest BikramjitSingh

How very convienient Sir !!! :twisted:

Cheers. You should know by now I make my own rules :). Btw can you try not to write 'by tom hankz', it's actually 'starring Tom Hanks'. Is that how they refer to who is starring in a film in India. Just never came across it before.

Have you or anyone else on this forum seen the film Serendipity ? A bibi friend of mine keeps telling me it's a great and I should watch it. Just wanna know whether it's worth my wasting and hour and half to see it :)

Cheers. You should know by now I make my own rules :). Btw can you try not to write 'by tom hankz', it's actually 'starring Tom Hanks'. Is that how they refer to who is starring in a film in India. Just never came across it before.

Cheers !! See, you just learnt something new about India today... :D

LOL !! BikramjitSingh..

Anyone seen that new one " Where's the Party Yaar"

I don't know what this has to do with anything..,but that girl in Bend It Like Beckham ( Main Actress) ..was premiered on ER..Wicked stuff..!! Not really though, but in a good way it is, but on the other hand doesn't reflect much Sikhi nor Punjabi values.

:twisted:

ser·en·dip·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (srn-dp-t)

n. pl. ser·en·dip·i·ties

The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident.

The fact or occurrence of such discoveries.

An instance of making such a discovery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[From the characters in the Persian fairy tale The Three Princes of Serendip, who made such discoveries, from Persian Sarandp, Sri Lanka, from Arabic sarandb.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seren·dipi·tous adj.

seren·dipi·tous·ly adv.

Word History: We are indebted to the English author Horace Walpole for the word serendipity, which he coined in one of the 3,000 or more letters on which his literary reputation primarily rests. In a letter of January 28, 1754, Walpole says that “this discovery, indeed, is almost of that kind which I call Serendipity, a very expressive word.†Walpole formed the word on an old name for Sri Lanka, Serendip. He explained that this name was part of the title of “a silly fairy tale, called The Three Princes of Serendip: as their highnesses traveled, they were always making discoveries, by accidents and sagacity, of things which they were not in quest of....â€

Thanks Ideal Singh

Have you seen the film ?. I think it was out last year. One thing I like about you Ideal Bhaji, you're MYSTERIOUS :):)

Whatz so special about thiz Movie... ? :oops:

mys·te·ri·ous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-stîr-s)

adj.

Of, relating to, or being a mystery: mysterious and infinite truths.

Simultaneously arousing wonder and inquisitiveness, and eluding explanation or comprehension: a mysterious visitor; mysterious conduct.

[French mystérieux, from mystère, secret, from Latin mystrium. See mystery1.]

mys·teri·ous·ly adv.

mys·teri·ous·ness n.

Synonyms: mysterious, esoteric, arcane, occult, inscrutable

These adjectives mean beyond human power to explain or understand. Something mysterious arouses wonder and inquisitiveness: “The sea lies all about us.... In its mysterious past it encompasses all the dim origins of life†(Rachel Carson). What is esoteric is mysterious because only a select group knows and understands it: a compilation of esoteric philosophical essays. Arcane applies to what is hidden from general knowledge: arcane economic theories. Occult suggests knowledge reputedly gained only by secret, magical, or supernatural means: an occult rite. Something that is inscrutable cannot be fathomed by means of investigation or scrutiny: “It is not for me to attempt to fathom the inscrutable workings of Providence†(Earl of Birkenhead).

Guest BikramjitSingh

LOL ! Bikramjit!..Haha Insider Joke?? :P:P ...The way to play it..Right spot, right time, right everything...too funny, I can't stop giggling

Thanks Bhainji. I was wondering when someone would get it. Top marks, you are now officially the top of the class. I bet Ideal Singh was hoping that no one would notice :)

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Thanks Bhainji. I was wondering when someone would get it. Top marks, you are now officially the top of the class. I bet Ideal Singh was hoping that no one would notice :)

GurFateh

Bikramjit

:roll: