are these kirpans acceptable

jjj

jjj ok i should have some big gatreh at home - ill post u some - pm me ur address :D

mugermach singh that khanjar is nice, but im already gonna get that other one.. sorry :P thanks for the offer tho :D

mr singh you was askin about how to tie a KK.. you should be able to figure it out from the pic below :wink:

album_pic.php?pic_id=102

Sat Sri Akal:

Got all research crazy looking into Kukris.

For all you Weapon Admirers or even collectors, try this website:

http://www.himalayan-imports.com/khuk1.html

Nevada, US importer from Nepal. They offer one Kukri which they dare you to break called the The Chiruwa Ang Khola. 1/2" thick!!!

Ok...must relax and breathe...must go and chop something... :D:D:D

jjj, air mail can take a while - so ur right it might not get to u in time... best thing for u to do is just take ur kirpan with you... and when you get to india you'll find a big gatra no problems :D

ms514 - those are real nice, but expensive :cry:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/adirondackgood...wiststblan.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=42576

Hello, I am planning to buy one of these kirpans. The first one is a stainless surgical 420 blade... advice me fast. I am not satisfied with the 12 inch kirpan i bought from sikhlink.net. The only thing it is not sharp enough and it is not comfortable to stab either. I tried it on my pillow.

This is probably the best sword in this world ! Samurai 3000:

The Samurai of the year 3000 A.D. is a master of high technology fighting and weaponry and the primary arm is the plasmium sword, a device constructed by highly disciplined weapon masters using an extremely secretive form of physics. It's virtually indestructible blade, charged by high energy ionized plasma, cuts through practically any material except another blade of its kind.

The UC1258 and UC1260 feature the Samurai code of justice, service, and honor on the hand guard, engraved in their secret language. The handle of this high quality adult collectible is made of precisely machined metal parts. The scabbard locks to the handle and can only be released with a push of a hidden button. The blade is sharp, fully functional stainless steel. Available in three versions: Samurai 3000 Katana, Samurai 3000 Tanto, or Samurai 3000 Ninja.

http://www.swordsdirect.com/samurai_3000.html

....Platha ('unarmed' combat) can be lethal and effective (offensive and self-preservation) if you possess skill, awareness (and balls of Steel).

In the past, Warriors who were too poor to possess blades often utilised 'Platha' to disarm their opponent and used the opponent's weapons for further engagements.

It would be advisable to learn to USE a blade before carrying one (twirling it around doesnt count), otherwise you are just giving your opponent a better weapon to kill you with, and you are a danger to those around you.

In the past, Warriors who were too poor to possess blades often utilised 'Platha' to disarm their opponent and used the opponent's weapons for further engagements.

i got one shaster like that :D

It would be advisable to learn to USE a blade before carrying one (twirling it around doesnt count), otherwise you are just giving your opponent a better weapon to kill you with, and you are a danger to those around you.

100% true.

jjj, that tanto shaster isnt that good, I've got one.

The second one, i've not seen that kind b4, but doesnt look too bad.

advice me fast. I am not satisfied with the 12 inch kirpan i bought from sikhlink.net. The only thing it is not sharp enough and it is not comfortable to stab either. I tried it on my pillow

Firstly, you need to learn to sharpen you kirpans/shasters, There is a technique, i will put up a link on how to do this..

Secondally, Stabbing a pillow?? Yaar what are you thinking. Get a piece of steak or meat, and slice and stab that.. A pillow gives way too easily, esp if you dont know how to use a shaster. A pillow!!!! :shock: :shock:

If you got a problem about Meat,, then get some bamboo, and soak it into water, then get your shaste and try slicing it, Not stabbing it. This is a technique used by samurais, they think its the closest way to test blades against bones and skin. The strenght of the bamboo is supposed to e as strong as the bone.

mugermach, yea stabbing a pillow is easy, but i heard from someone that if a sword can **Slice** a pillow then it is considered really good, beczo to slice one is really HARD. I tried stabbing my 12 inch into luggage bagag and a cardboard box.. it worked fine. I also tried to slice an electric wire. it didnt slice in one-shot.... but it did slice after some 3-4 shots.

well i heard that the 440 or 420 j stainltess steel are just used in for display swords !

I also tried to slice an electric wire. it didnt slice in one-shot.... but it did slice after some 3-4 shots.

if in future you wish to slice it again, make sure its unpluged.

yep, 420 and 440 they are easy to work with bu strong, not brillient, but will cut flesh... But then again, so does a palm leaf.

a pillow may be hard to slice, but you said stab... A better way to test the edge is to place the sword staionary, then allow a piece of hair to naturally fall on it, If it cuts with its own weight... Beautiful..... If not, not as sharp as it could be.

But to get something that sharp is v difficult. I've been sharpening shaster for a couple of years, and still, im not perfect at it...

if in future you wish to slice it again, make sure its unpluged.

Yea it was not unplugged and there was a short explosion , very small, short circuting.. which kind of burnt the edge very little and took a piece of it.. very small..... the plug was of a table lamp which was no longer working.

Plz tell me how to sharp weapons.. I know there are some products online.... i will have to look at the website.

• 19 years later...
14 hours ago, singh77777 said:

can we please revive this thread, I also want the sickest shastar the UK police will allow me to carry, thank you 😉

First thing, when you carry, don't do it blatantly. Whatever you chose, Guru ji instructed SInghs to carry shastars to be able to use them in any self defence situations. 

2 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

First thing, when you carry, don't do it blatantly. Whatever you chose, Guru ji instructed SInghs to carry shastars to be able to use them in any self defence situations. 

In the us the laws are a bit sticky. 

Can you carry a Kirpan yes.

Can you carry any knife yes...

Can you conceal a knife? No...

Can you conceal an article of faith? Yes.

When the blade shape changes, even though we understand it's Shastar Devi, to american cops that's now created a gray area...is it a kirpan?

Fully support using cold steel battle ready weapons, and not tied to blade shape myself, just saying concealing weapons is a weird gray area with Kirpan. 

5 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

In the us the laws are a bit sticky. 

Can you carry a Kirpan yes.

Can you carry any knife yes...

Can you conceal a knife? No...

Can you conceal an article of faith? Yes.

When the blade shape changes, even though we understand it's Shastar Devi, to american cops that's now created a gray area...is it a kirpan?

Fully support using cold steel battle ready weapons, and not tied to blade shape myself, just saying concealing weapons is a weird gray area with Kirpan. 

In the UK, it's probably better to not be blatant with a functional weapon. I know some Sikhs carry them, but if someone is actually going to go beyond the useless, colonial products i.e. blunt, useless with no handle type of 'kirpan', then they should conceal it, just to avoid unnecessary attention. English people might understand why a Singh is carrying one, but a lot of other foreigners wouldn't. And we shouldn't forget why  we were instructed to have them. I think way too many amritdharis have fallen for the 'symbolic' interpretation which was obviously a part of colonial manipulation to disarm Sikhs.