are these kirpans acceptable

jjj

Guest Javanmard

COndition for a shastar to be a proper kirpan:1. has to be steel 2. has to be bigger than your hand 3. has got to be sharp

the kirpan that most people wear, the so-called Taksali kirpans are an insult to Maharaj. Would you be able to defend yourself with something made in a mad metal, without any handle, blunt and shorter than your hand?

My answer to your question is: go for it, looks OK to me :D at least you can use it not like all these so-called kirpans people wear thinking of themselves as great amritdhari Khalse: ridiculous

a kirpan has to be a proper shastar!!!!

no its not a kirpan.

a PROPER kirpan is 12" (accordin to akal takht)

SARBLOH

SHARP (ok maybe its that one)

when u say taksali kirpan.......what u mean? ive seen BADASS taksali kirpans, propa sharp and sarbloh handmade, if they have flat/"rectangular" handles it dnt matta, u can hold them underhand which is just as gud

a kirpan is a kirpan.......a kirpan is not a ninja dagger, or a machete.

can the kanga be replaced with a western comb? :roll: what about a western comb made of wood? its still not a kangha...........

can kachere be cotton boxers?

they are crap. Shiter than shitter piece of shit in a shit hole made of Shit.

The first has a crappy handle. And not worth discussing cos it is so shit.

The second one is so crap that the blade comes out of the handle. Imagine Stabbing and then pulling back and you find you only have a handle in you hand.....

They are not gonne be sharp, i can tell you that now.

Acceptable for a kirpan: SIMPLE RULE, if it does the Job, its acceptable.

I recommend to get a J. Martini blade. This is a beauty of a knife. http://www.nordicarts.com/marttiini%2003.htm

any one of these, but i recommend this one MAR620010 Fillet Knife.

I WARN YOU NOW, the blade is thin and VERY VERY sharp. When i bought this, and tested it, the shop keeper thought i was crazy cos when i tested it, i began to bleed all over his shop floor. lol. Crazy, i think so.

Its edge is brillient. Hell lot better than that other piece of crap. Thats an insult to a shaster.

Guest Javanmard

Could not agree more with you Mugermach. Crazy how people go around withthat piece of tati and think they're so cool and Khalse with that! How insulting, then they'll go on telling everyone and spevially gore that's just a symbol. The kirpan a symbol :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I don't think our brave heroes of the past cut their ennemies open with "symbols". :evil: :evil:

i agree.. the kirpans with the square edge and thin handle one peice kirpans are very hard to grip, if ever needed i reckon the handle would do more damage to ur hand then anything - and the edge is blunt... so is the tip.. :?

if your in the uk and need you shaster sharpened, i can get them done. Sharpness depends on blades.

I have many blades and swords from here http://www.theswordsmith.com/

i recommend this site, the guys stuff is really good. Although you might need to sharpen them a bit more before it passes the Acceptable stage for Jhatka. But not really buying shaster anymore cos im making my own stuff now. :D

I have the Flame Dagger knife and a katana sword among others from this site, they are really nice, but for everyday use, get someone to make a new Case. (ps, i do that too. lol, hint hint. lol).

If you have a taksal metal thingy thats looks like a blade but is really and old piece of metal thats come off a lorry. (it has really, well most of them, called Kamni metal) then not to worry, all you need to do is (throw it away) grind the edge to about 20 degrees on both sides, then start to sharpen it. But the edge wont last.

The size of the kirpan I posted is more than 12 inches.. so I guess size is not a problem. yes they are sharp.. pretty good and neat, the only thing is that I am not sure if it has to be sarbloh or not.. we need to discuss more on this.

what do you think the quality of kirpans on this site : http://www.sikhlink.net/Store/Kakkars.asp There is one 12inch kirpan.

Sarbloh kara's are almost extinct.. but I wear one. Guru Sahib even said to use sarbloh utensils to cook food and eat in. Baba Nihal Singh talked about it.

Well in anycase, most kirpans these days are not sarbloh. My kirpan is about my hand size.. maybe 6 inches. the handle is to short for a good grip and the blade is not sharp , but it is has a good sharp point. I am looking for some real leathal kirpan.

no its not a kirpan.

a PROPER kirpan is 12" (accordin to akal takht)

can the kanga be replaced with a western comb? :roll: what about a western comb made of wood? its still not a kangha...........

can kachere be cotton boxers?

Kangha has to be of wood and made to fit in your hair and no kachere can not be cotton boxers.. It has to be a nala type, white color.

I recommend to get a J. Martini blade. This is a beauty of a knife. http://www.nordicarts.com/marttiini%2003.htm

any one of these, but i recommend this one MAR620010 Fillet Knife.

I WARN YOU NOW, the blade is thin and VERY VERY sharp. When i bought this, and tested it, the shop keeper thought i was crazy cos when i tested it, i began to bleed all over his shop floor. lol. Crazy, i think so.

What kind of a kirpan you keep mugermach? It looks interesting.. but how big is it.. and is the blade strong enough to not get broken. Also, I live in the USA... dong think they are going to send it here. How do you fit that in the gatra moreover?

Moreover they are knives not daggers? whats the difference :x

they look like knivs for hunting fish to me.. not for use against humans. What do you think of a rambo dagger?

aye aye aye aye

not all "taksali" kirpans are shabby

my one is "taksali" and its proper sarbloh, its not quite long enough but it is VERY sharp from alot of sharpening....it wud do the job just about in a fight, if it came down 2 it i wud only slash sum1, nt slice or stab obviously....and in that situation its aight

i agree proper bulky handled ones are better, but they are hard 2 come by.....

having said that........i laugh at those silly cheap stainless steel ones which is more likely to knock someone out then piere their skin :LOL:

when i go 2 india i will bring back a HUGE stash of good kirpans and distribute them to all :)

btw i have this big tulwar/sri sahib.....it has some writing on the blade veeery faintly....and i can work out "taksal" on it..........whys that? is there something special about a taksali sri sahib? is it cheapo (doesnt look too bad)? or was it just made at damdama sahib? :?

btw i have this big tulwar/sri sahib.....it has some writing on the blade veeery faintly....and i can work out "taksal" on it..........whys that? is there something special about a taksali sri sahib? is it cheapo (doesnt look too bad)? or was it just made at damdama sahib?

I've heard from one of the SUmmer camps in Sweden

Talwar - joram kardi e

Kirpan - Joram da TAKRA kardi e

keep that in mind

u've got a Sri Sahib/KIRPAn not a TAlwar I hope :o? :roll:

//BHulla CHukka Maaf

what do you think the quality of kirpans on this site : http://www.sikhlink.net/Store/Kakkars.asp There is one 12inch kirpan

I think they are insults to the beautiful shaster that Guru Mahraj Had. But its better to have a shaster than no shaster, even if it is one of them.

Its a shame, that they dont show the blades, even though they are of M.S Quality (green sticker), i wonder what the M.S stands for. *cough* Mega Shit *cough*

If you had to (as a last resort, and def not worth the money) get one of them, i would buy (not out of choice) Item #KAK-KIR-93 or Item #KAK-KIR-92, and then kill the guy for selling it to me. Joke.

most kirpans these days are not sarbloh

B4 people blow a fuse on what i am going to say, here me out.

i dont think that it is that important to have sarbloh. We need shasters that do the Job. Personnaly, im gonna get a titanium shaster made.

but how big is it.. and is the blade strong enough to not get broken.

9 inches, and its a flecible blade, wont brake that eaily, but it can brake.

How do you fit that in the gatra moreover?

I hate gatras, it will however fit in a kamar kaas.

For all gatra lovers, yes it will fit in that too. Just get your mommy to modify it.

Moreover they are knives not daggers

Knife used for slicing,

Dagger used for stabbing.

Can use either usually for both.

they look like knivs for hunting fish to me.. not for use against humans. What do you think of a rambo dagger?

Ever tried skining a fish.... it is a skining knife for fish, ps, any1 tasted sushi, is it nice??. worth a try??

your not supposed to use a knife against humans, thats against the law. Tut Tut. Only goats. lol

Rambo Knife:- its nice, loads of crappy copies around. If you get a knife you want to look at its metal. 440 stainless is common. You want to get a cold steel blade or at least FT52 steel, they do cost a bit more though.

not all "taksali" kirpans are shabby

true, the ones the Buddha Dal Factory rejected and gave to Taksal may be good~ish. :D

btw i have this big tulwar/sri sahib.....it has some writing on the blade veeery faintly....and i can work out "taksal" on it..........whys that?

probably a taksal tulwar made at Damdama Sahib.lol, not sure.

I cant tell if its a cheapo by hearing about it, if you want, take a photo and put it up.

Item #KAK-KIR-13

Kirpan - 3 inch small kirpan

Small 3" Kirpan - easy to handle and wear.

lol :LOL: wat the hell are u gonna do with that if the need ever arises??... :twisted:

some people even go as far as wearing a lil kirpan in a necklace :shock: they might as well sew a tiny kachera and put that in their necklace too :twisted: :LOL::LOL::LOL:

the smallest shaster that i have is only 3 inches, its a deadly shaster when used correctly.

hmm, nice decorative piece, but not a shaster that does damage, not sure about the blades.

nicest one so far. lol not bad for the price. $15 max.

leave the first link, the hand guard can become a obstical when you use it.

Please advice me on these weapons and if they are suitable as kirpans

In a sikhi concept. Not all Sikhs that are amritdhari carried Kirpans... Most kept Kukris, Katars, Pesh Kabz etc. Not kirpans as such. So therfore, any shaster that does the job is suitable.

In a Modern Concept, you better find out if it is Legal to wear..

Now if you want to see nice shasters. Look at these. They are expensive, some are not even worth that asking price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4&category=1403

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...32&category=475

This katar is in bad condition though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=20272

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=13981 Very Nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...32&category=355

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...8&category=2194

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...42&category=355 I got one of these. :twisted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...25&category=475

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...36&category=475

If you really want one, get this one above. Dont spend more that 150 dollars. Expensive, but looks nice.

I will buy the 12inch from sikhlink.net. The kirpans that mugermach showed ,such as j martini and those other ones are NOT acceptable as Kirpans to be worn by amritdhari ! !!!!

So they are not accepted, moreover an amritdhari should wear kirpan in the gatra !! no western style ..

actually i think ideally teh kirpan should be sarbloh in the same way u dont have a titanium kara :roll:

i was under the impression that sarbloh was easier to sharpen cuz it feels a bit softer, sortov.

just because its solid to find a decent KIRPAN, it doesnt mean u shud drop the concept of a kirpan and replace it with a machete or some random dagger in a waist holster or somthing, just like if u found it hard to do amritvela u wudnt drop the idea and become a muslim instead.

will buy the 12inch from sikhlink.net. The kirpans that mugermach showed ,such as j martini and those other ones are NOT acceptable as Kirpans to be worn by amritdhari ! !!!!

So they are not accepted, moreover an amritdhari should wear kirpan in the gatra !! no western style ..

Ok. Wont try to help you in the future. Never Mind.

P.s On the gatra thing, Its a British Thing to make Sikhs look More presentable. Khalsa's Keep Kamar Kaas. It common sense. Gatras have too many flaws. It wouldn't make sense.

titanium kara

They Exist. And are very nice.

i was under the impression that sarbloh was easier to sharpen cuz it feels a bit softer, sortov.

Sarbloh is softer and therefore will damage more easily.

did you know that most blades used by Puraaten Khalsa are Damascus.

just because its solid to find a decent KIRPAN, it doesnt mean u shud drop the concept of a kirpan and replace it with a machete or some random dagger in a waist holster or somthing

I would rather have a Decent Shaster that can do the job then a Display Piece. Also I dont wear a Kirpan, I wear a Kukri + others. Not a single Kirpan, so am i not Amritdhari becasue a Kukri is considered to be a Gurkha Knife. I dont think so....

Kamar Kaas is the best way to carry any shaster, other than in your hand.

just like if u found it hard to do amritvela u wudnt drop the idea and become a muslim instead.

If you are having a hard time waking up a AmritVela Find a Singh Who has a decent Saloter and get him to Hit you on the Arse and Wake you Up.

I can carry out this Seva if you wish...

no those r not decent kirpans, especially that pirate knive and those j martini kitchen knives can not be used as a kirpan, i asked someone in the Gurudwara nor are those ninja ones which i showed u. You can have a a good sharp kirpan and a pointy one which can still do the job and is good for personal safety. Kirpan also has other needs, like karah parshaad, and is part of khalsa kakkar.

Guru Gobind Singh ji also used gatra, u see this ancient paintings.

Gatra's can be used againt you, i.e by poeple pullin on them. The way some people have their gatra, like Taksal (not all), where the gatra is really long and the kirpan i closer to their leg rather than their waist, the gatra can get stuck or it can tangle when in a grappling situation.

The kamar kaas, when tied correctly, i.e Tight doesnt have these flaws. The only gatra that are good are the ones which people where like gun hoslters. But again, Some Gurdware People may object cos they lack the understanding of being practical.

jjj. you said you asked someone at the gurdwara about this. Please ask them Exactly what a Kirpan is? How it should be shaped, Should it have a curve at the end or not??, what metal it is to be made of? What the handle should be like. The Miaan (Case) should be made of what?? The thickness of the kirpan?? The angle of steepness where the edge starts and stops?? Also the Technique in which a Kirpan Should be Used?? The length of the Blade?? the Length of the Handle?? Can it be a double Handle. or even triple?? etc etc..

I could answer these questions for you, but as my answers may not be to the standard of the Gurdwara People, i will let you find out.

After you have found this out pls let me know if there is any shaster out there that Resembles this Description that you have found.

I will let you know now, in advance so you dont waste your time. None of the Shaster shown on Sikhnet are Kirpans. Some may be Khanjars, Pesh Kabz etc... But none are Kirpans.

Neither is the J. Martinnii blade or any others kirpans.

singh, what about something like this.. no good? :?

com010.jpg

oh yeh and i was wondering... if u wear a kirpan in a kamar kaas.. isnt there a chance of it fallin out??.. something like a katar would be fine in that... could a kirpan slip thru?