Bhatt Kalshar?

2 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

No actually, Amrit Bani does include Chaupai Sahib I think, which is how CP concludes.

But I do think much of what precedes this, is what you mention above. But it's not simplistic, (amongst many other things) it looks like a critique of courtly literature and masterful work on narratives, and how to dominate them, incorporate them, and utilise them. Like pretty much all Sikh 'texts' it's a proper treasure trove of cultures and linguistics too.   

CP is quite deep when you think about it, it starts with posing the big question of when you should kill a mf, and how you should be aware of being manipulated into this through anger and passion. Also, the role and value of true, tempered advice to leaders.  

I'm with that, and appreciate you expanding. Great note Chaupai Sahib is included in that. 

What I'm saying though is I get why people have hangups with it based on christian modesty fused with our own actual abstinence from Kaam. 

Like. I'm trying to get where missionaries are coming from, and solve this for us internally and prepare for external scrutiny. I think it's natural they might have hangups. Not saying they're right. 

But we shouldn't blanket label them not Sikhs or toss them out, let's just be versed in a best understanding. 

1 minute ago, GurjantGnostic said:

What I'm saying though is I get why people have hangups with it based on christian modesty fused with our own actual abstinence from Kaam. 

I get it too. Even some of our great intellectuals from the colonial era weren't immune (like Kahn Singh Nabha). If we look at the 'text' from an outsider, victorian era, stifled, repressed, wasp perspective we'd be clutching our handbags to our chests, aghast. If a person is already of a seriously deviant ilk, they'll just focus on the aspects that stimulate them in this respect and miss all the higher, subtle messages. If you've got 'binary brain' and want to have seriously demarcated 'religious' texts along the lines of the Semitic traditions, you'll be disappointed.  I think critical thinking is deeply embedded in CP myself. 

You know better than most how people get wasped, the confusion about DG (in my opinion) stems from those conservative, outsider values of those times being foisted on us. Some of our lot are a bit slow about these types of manipulations, compared to some other communities, like say African-Americans, who have already dissected and analysed how texts are used as planks of a suppressive culture. With many of our lot, you just have to work in a few flattering comments about a person's caste (and we all know who is especially susceptible to this), and they'll swallow all of the horseshyte written around it wholesale without any critique. 

21 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I'm dead bro. If it's not part of Amrit Kirtan...what...what are we upset about?

It would remain simply a really unique Ang for study and debate and understanding. 

Ohhh...so I'm not sure it's part of Amrit Ceremony. It's in Pothi like these. 

Screenshot_20220717-005556_Chrome.thumb.jpg.09a7da5e337e62ac4e6c2f926e74f2c1.jpg

Anyone wanna confirm the last bit outstanding? It's part of what's read every Amrit or no?

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Ohhh...so I'm not sure it's part of Amrit Ceremony. It's in Pothi like these. 

Screenshot_20220717-005556_Chrome.thumb.jpg.09a7da5e337e62ac4e6c2f926e74f2c1.jpg

Anyone wanna confirm the last bit outstanding? It's part of what's read every Amrit or no?

There are a few Amritdharis here, they should be able to tell you.