Sikh Chatrooms?!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Many religious groups have a Yahoo chatroom, or chatrooms dedicated to them on Paltalk and so on. I have noticed that the Muslims do a lot of parchaar by regular speeches and talks on Paltalk especially.

Do you think this would be a good idea for the Sikh online community to adopt too?

I mean, it would be nice if someone could do online Katha on Paltalk or put on Kirtan and recordings from Rehansabhai's and so on. Just a thought, what do you guys think?

I haven't come across any such Sikh chatrooms so far, apart from Sikhnet, and that isn't very popular.

Gurfateh

A really nice idea indeed...

There are many existing popular yahoo groups doing good parchaar of Sikhi... memberlist as long as 2000 Memberz...

To name some...

1. Sikh-Diaspora

2. Learning-zone

3. Waheguru

But there is bad newz Yahoo Groupz have been banned from India from September, 25 2003, indefinitely.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/09/...4083178553.html

Thats a very good idea. But for now why not use the created sikh chatroom (The one and only) at sikhnet-- Live Chat feature. I usually go in there... there are only 3-4 people on it. Thats about it. I m sure if we would have loads of them if sikhawareness sangat have a fixed time to be on the chat to discuss sikhi.

Something to think about :D .. Then slowly we will encourage everyone in sikhawareness if we got more members to have paltalk...we can have voice discussions etc...

Groups is different than live audio/video/text chat. Personally i find yahoo group hard to navigate, boring and full of adverts.

Yeah yahoo is an bad idea. Have any of you been in punjab chat under yahoo language section. Its full of Romeo's and Juliet's. Also i been to different religions room... Two Words: Full of Haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Groups is different than live audio/video/text chat. Personally i find yahoo group hard to navigate, boring and full of adverts.

Yep thatz true... but then they seem to quite popular and informative...

rite, yahoo groups = yahoo message boards rite, not yahoo messenger chat rooms.

Neways, wat we need is something that can be, controlled properly, With audio, posssibly video, and text all live :). Yahoo messenger provides it but those rooms can't be moderated.

Paltalk would be awesome!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Many religious groups have a Yahoo chatroom, or chatrooms dedicated to them on Paltalk and so on. I have noticed that the Muslims do a lot of parchaar by regular speeches and talks on Paltalk especially.

Do you think this would be a good idea for the Sikh online community to adopt too?

I mean, it would be nice if someone could do online Katha on Paltalk or put on Kirtan and recordings from Rehansabhai's and so on. Just a thought, what do you guys think?

I haven't come across any such Sikh chatrooms so far, apart from Sikhnet, and that isn't very popular.

Gurfateh

Guest BikramjitSingh

SikhSangat_com <-- my pal talk Id, Lets create a group there and then we can play kirtan and talk about sikhi.

I'm not really into chat rooms and stuff like that. I do have yahoo messenger through which I chat to a loopy person :)

Let me know when the group is up and i'll join.

Btw good Idea Gurpreet Kaur Ji :)

GurFateh

Bikramjit

I dunno why but I'm really excited :LOL: I thought it was a loopy idea, but I'm glad most people agree.

I mean, we have so many good parcharak and we could put tapes of their Katha on at certain times, and have people discussing important topics about the Sikh youth and so on. It's good that there are yahoo groups doing parchaar, but personally I think it's different with audio and video support, kinda builds up the attention levels for me.

Neo Bhaji, that's a wicked idea, let's do a set time where all the awareness crew can log on and start some discussion or put on Kirtan etc. We can slowly build up to Paltalk. I still reckon Paltalk is the best one, it's free and we can set up different rooms for Katha and Kirtan etc.

As for the Romeo/Juliet wannabe's, they still have yahoo :roll: so leave them to it there!

Amardeep Bhaji, what's the add!?!

Gurfateh

yeah that's an GREAT idea to have a chat room, like people said before you need to have a good moderator in there controlling whats being said and done, needs to be strict with rules inforced! Sikhawarness should start a link up for a chat! good luck!

keep on smiling :)!

I think paltalk works the same way as yahoo. I made a room called

Sikhi - Kirtan room

and i was playing some wikid shabads in it when someone joined in. Then he started talking about hinduism ans other stuff. Before i got a chance to say anything, dad wanted me to go to the gurdwara with him so i left the room. So i think we can create as many rooms there as we want ( private ones as well ). The sound is extremly clear.

PALTALK GETS MY VOTE.

I say, lets sort out a time, everyone logs in and then we do some kirtan

and path online :)

Guest BikramjitSingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Amardeep Singh

I registered for paltalk last night but couldn't find the room. Can u post a link here. Also I've posted a poll asking members to post what time they are available. I think it would help you if members put the time in GMT so you would know when people are available.

Thanks again for setting the room up.

Gurpreet Kaur

Ordinarily I try and avoid your postings because you always manage to slip in how 'great' Man Utd are. This gets me upset for the rest of the day but credit where credit is due you've come up trumps here kiddo ! :). I hope that the paltalk room is moderated strictly because I wouldn't put it past you to start playing 'come on you reds' or playing videos of Man Utd's goals :roll:

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Guest BikramjitSingh

Just found out that there would be too many poll options so scrap that idea.

Perhaps it's better if the members just write the times they are available here.

I'm available between 6pm-10pm most evenings

i jus installed it too... umm its kinda confusing.. and when u log onto msn it dont show ur msn list :? (crap programmer :LOL: )

i went to some religious groups... baha'i and gita spirituality .. cudnt find no sikh one... :twisted: