Sikh Students Association

SY Moderator

WJKK WJKF

Here's the deal

My friend and I are looking to start a local SSA at our gurdwara, and we've searched around but we really have no idea how to go about doing it...so, if you guyz no of n e websites or can post info here or something, that'd be great...btw we're canadian, so if there's like a canadian sikh students assoc out there, we'd like to hear about it....(we found a website for a canadian sikh council, but it hasnt been updated in like 2 yrs...)

Thanks in advance!

Chardi Kala

~SYM

hey!

starting up a sikh youth group is HARD! u need to get the youth involved and even have an interest in it first. We have a sikh youth group where i am at but NO ONE hardly shows up. YOu need to be commited and get people who are commited, what's the point of having a sikh youth group if there is not group!! lol well my suggestions are first advertise it tell the gurdwara you want to get the youth involved and put posters up in the gurdwara for a meeting! well good luck on your sikh students assosiation! im surprised that the gurdwara doesn't have a sikh students association b/c lots of sikhs go to western uni! well good luck !

keep on smiling :LOL:

is there considerate amount of sikhs living in london, Ontario??

are they in groups or shatter in different towns??

Do u see lot of youths in the london local gurdwara?? If yes? then you gotta chance there...to involve punjabi youths in sikhi.

oh yea GO TO THE CAMP! you will get loads of info and its really fun! im not going, but i went to one before and its REALLY FUN !!! you learn a lot from your peers!

hey i was there at the camp last year at barrie...me Singh with flu...sneeeze .. had a flu through out the camp... :cry: ... then flu was gone at the last day :twisted: :twisted: ..hopefully vaheguroo dii kirpa dont get flue this time.... :D

WJKK WJKF!!

oh yea GO TO THE CAMP! you will get loads of info and its really fun! im not going, but i went to one before and its REALLY FUN !!! you learn a lot from your peers!

I'm 17 :(...yes im a fresher...and im busy that wknd :evil: ...but my friend is 19, so she mite go...sikh camps ROCK (if theyre done well lol)

is there considerate amount of sikhs living in london, Ontario??

Yeah there's TONS!! london is not like some hicktown :twisted: :wink:

Do u see lot of youths in the london local gurdwara?? If yes? then you gotta chance there...to involve punjabi youths in sikhi.

well it depends...if we advertise for a paat or a kirten...we get TONS of ppl...but usually there's only a few who show up otherwise(youths i mean)...but there are a BUNCH of sikh youth not only in uni but in high school too...we had enuf 2 have a punjabi language credit course last yr (there were like 25 kids in the class)...the problem is no one really cares much ne more b/c all the ppl who used 2 run camps and stuff and get involved with the youth have moved away (to toronto and vancouver lol)... :(

starting up a sikh youth group is HARD!

WE KNOW!! :S

im surprised that the gurdwara doesn't have a sikh students association b/c lots of sikhs go to western uni!

ya they used 2 have one but politics n stuff...which brings us 2 another point what if theres ppl that r really into the whole politics deal?!?! u cant just SHUN them lol...grr politics is not sikhi :evil: :evil: !!!

anyway thanx 2 everyone 4 ur input...kp postin us plz!!

:D:D Chardi Kala!! :D:D