Has the whole world gone anti-nihang?

sukha

Again and again i read posts saying "nihangs are bad coz......" or "i hat nihangs coz....."

Has no one got anything worthwhile to say....people use the same thing again and again.......i havnt got a strong basis for my arguement...wot shall i do.....i know i'll cuss the nihangs............where is the pyaaar?

Siri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj - "Jin Prem Kio Tin Hee Prubh Payao"

Again and again i read posts saying "nihangs are bad coz......" or "i hat nihangs coz....."

Has no one got anything worthwhile to say....people use the same thing again and again.......i havnt got a strong basis for my arguement...wot shall i do.....i know i'll cuss the nihangs............where is the pyaaar?

I love Nihang Singhs.My Nanakya da Pind is Tanuli near Haria Vela (Hoshiarpur-Phagwara Road) and I have drank their Sukha Degh and reveled in their enthusiasm for Sikhi.The Gurdwara Sahib at Tanuli is called Shaheeda Singha.Baba Nihal Das and Baba Nanak Singh are comemmorated as Shaheed there.Don't know if they were from Tanuli or were martyred there :?: It's too bad they're a bit of dinosaur nowadays :cry:

Maybe I'm wrong?

What alot of people do not understand is that originally all the warriors of punjab were nihungs, in critising nihungs they are disrespecting Akali Nihung Baba Deep Singh who was formost toughest Nihung around.

Also Bhai Sukha Singh & Mehtab Singh, or should I say Nihung Sukha Singh & Nihung Mehtab Singh, performed Chatka on Massar Ranga's Head :LOL:

The list is endless,however, modern singhs will say "where were the nihungs in 84" I have read that www.nihang.com will deal with that.

But remember Nihungs are a Law unto their own, their way is distinct

Most people see "Nangs" Naked Nihungs that is majority of "want to be nihungs " in the west there is only one person that clearly can state he is a nihung, and I'm sure you are all aware of him :wink:

The majority of youngsters that are seen to wear big turbans and wear two kara's/extra blades have little or no knowledge of bani,bana,gurmat sangeet,sv or any real knowledge on anything hence, they reside

under "admin cut" which unfortunately reflects on those Gurmukh Nihungs who are avidly keeping the traditions alive.

Guest BikramjitSingh

I don't think anyone has actually posted that they hate Nihangs. Yes there have been post questioning their Maryada and their Political affiliations. Perhaps you equate asking inconvenient questions with hate. Maybe you want every Sikh to sing their Sohilay no matter how much harm they have done to the Panth.

What alot of people do not understand is that originally all the warriors of punjab were nihungs, in critising nihungs they are disrespecting Akali Nihung Baba Deep Singh who was formost toughest Nihung around.

I think that's a bit too simplistic and even naive. So if someone criticises Santa Singh for going against the panth and rebuilding the Akal Takht at the behest of Indira Gandhi then we are criticising Baba Deep Singh also ? There is a world of difference between Baba Deep Singh and Santa Singh and his Nihangs. One fought the oppressor of the Sikhs the other one joined her.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

All i can say is that personally i have the deepest respect for Nihang Singhs who have saved the panth time and time again and kept the traditional maryadas alive....there is only one man who in the west can clearly state that he is a nihang, needless to say he doesnt need to be named :)

As for classing people as nangs....who r we to judge anyone - "Hum Nahee Changai Buraa Nahee Koe."

If u want the accurate definition of a admin cut go to www.sarbloh.info ;)

Nihung Niddar Singh, is the most beneficial asset to Sikhs in the west with regards to Shastar Vidiya/Fighting techniques/and defence also if you want to know about Khalsa history he's your man, he has phenominal knowledge on many aspects of traditions,weapons, history and if you want to know how to really fight hard/train hard with ruthless techniques used by our own Guru sahibs and thousands of our great forefathers, then visit the classes.

I personally had to visit the classes,there has been so many rumours spread about the man, he eats people,drinks sharab,smokes etc I thought I should see for myself, and actually when I met him he really is a down to earth guy with heart for Khalsa traditons,not once have I heard him say "Eat Meat, Drink Cannabis,Kill Goats" It is clearly seen that these where the traditonal practices of khalsa armys(he's simply done his reasearch) prior to Singh Sabha. Fair enough, but for a person to miss out on the knowledge of SV and its benefits,its truely has saved me on two occasions :wink: