I BEAT SOMEONE UP

jjj

Hello today I beat someone up. I thought he said "Gurudwara is a randi khann.." but actually he was jokingly saying "You should goto a randi khanna instead of the Gurudwara." ..... I beat him up real bad today, there are marks on his body. :oops:

I want to know what we should do if someone say bad insulting things about our religion? and wether it was oka I beat him up. How do i remover the karma of doing this bad thing? I have a hot temper

"Please come under the fold of Satguru, take amrit, read the bani, and talk amoung yourselves of the Panth and the Kesari Nishan Sahib (the sikh flag) and of your true leader the Guru Granth Sahib Ji... and when the time comes for confrontation don't kill the poor, don't molest the women and don't trouble the old, but don't spare anyone who insults Guru Ji!"

Very nicely explained by sukhsingh ji... but if you dont mind... Sir, I would like to have some more delibration in the follow statement by you... Thanx..

but don't spare anyone who insults Guru Ji!"

But would that act of not sparing him actually make him realise his folly... if someonez act of taking revenge is ok then what would be difference between both the parties...

One party "A" spoke the insultz and the other party "B" retaliated... by beating him... "A" would keep mum for that period till the "B" is around but would definiltly start spitting insults again as soon as "B" is gone... Can we make such personz stop speaking ill wordz all the time... Is "A" gonna realise that what he said was wrong by giving him a good beating ? No I dont think so...

This realization would only come with the grace of God... not by showing anger or not sparing anyone who insults Guru Ji... Sikhism is all about breeding Sehajta.... Patience and Tolerance... What he said was his Samaj (level of understanding) but by retaliating we have brought down our level of Samaj to his level... so what would be the difference between the two partiez...

Moreover, Is "jjj" really happy after doing such an act... apprently he is not... coz he knowz, he lost patience/tolerance when it mattered most... at the time of crisis...

Just my perception...

Bhul Chuk Maaf karan dee kirpalta karnee G.

Well the following post may seem to be out of context but the message is quite clear in the end...

Regardz

'Sardarji Barah Baj Gaye Kyaa ?'

I was standing at Dadar Station when my attention went towards a Sikh youth standing nearby to me wearing a Black turban having a long beard and wearing a Kirpan over his shirt looking similar to a Terrorist. After a while one Local train arrived, which was totally packed. The Sikh youth tried to alight the train but failed to do so. Just then a voice was heard from back coach 'Sardarji Barah Baj Gaye Kyaa ?'

Sikh youth looked over that voice maker who was young mischievous type of person and instead of showing any anger made a smile towards him. This smile made was so enigmatic that it seemed some type of truth lies behind it. Not able to resist my temptation I walked towards him and asked why did he smiled at that person who teased him. The Sikh replied ? he was not teasing me but was asking for my Help?. I was surprised with these words and he told me that there was a big history behind that which one should know. I was eager to know the History and the Sikh youth narrated??

During 17th Century when Hindustan was ruled by Mughals all the people were humiliated and were treated like animal. Mughals treated the Hindu women as there own property and were forcing all Hindus to accept the Islam and even used to kill the people if they were refusing to accept. That time our Ninth Guru Sri Guru Teg Bhadarji who came forward, in request of some Kashmir Pandit, to fight against all these cruel activities. Guruji told Mughal emperor if he could succeed in converting him to Islam all the Hindus would accept the same but if he failed, he should stop all those activities . Mughal Emperor happily agreed to that but even after lots of Torture to Guruji and his fellow members he failed to convert him to Islam and Guruji along with his other four fellow members who were also

tortured for the same sacrificed their lives in Chandni Chowk since Mughals were unable to convert them to Islam they were assassinated thus Guruji sacrificed his life for Protection of Hindu religion (can anybody lay his life that too for protection of some other religion. This is the reason he is still remembered has Hind Ki Chaddar. For sake of whom (he had sacrificed his life, none of the them came forward to lift his body with a fear that they would also be assassinated .

Seeing this incident our 10th Guruji, Sri Guru Gobind Singhiji (Son of Guru Teg Bahadarji made a resolution that he would make such a human who would not be able to hide himself and could be easily located in thousands, THE SIKH.

At start Sikhs were very less in numbers even though they were fighting against the cruel Mughals emperors. At that time Nadir Shah raided Delhi in year 1739 BC and looted Hindustan and was carrying lot of Hindustan Treasures and nearly 2200 Hindu women along with him. The news spread like a fire and was heard by Sardar Jassa Singh who was the

Commander of Sikh army that time . He decided to attack Nadir Shah's Khafila on the same midnight. He did so and rescued all the Hindu women and were safely sent to their homes. It didn't happened only once but thereafter whenever any Abdaalis or Iranis had looted Hindustan and were trying to carry out treasures and Hindu women along with them for selling them in Abdal markets, the Sikh army (quite few in numbers but were bravehearted attacked them in the midnight (12 O?clock and rescued women. After that time when there occurred a similar incidence people started to contact Sikh army for their Help and Sikh used to attacked the raider's at the Midnight( 12 O'clock. It continued and became a fame that at midnight (nearly at 12 O'clock it is very difficult to fight against Sikhs as the Sikhs get some Extra Power to save Religion, Nation and Humanity. Nobody can fight and win against them at midnight, this continues till now. Nowadays these smart people and some Sikh enemies who are afraid of Sikhs, have spread these words that at 12 O'clock Sikh goes out of sense.

This historic fact was the reason which made me smile over that person as I thought that his Mother or Sister would be in trouble and wants my help which he was unable to provide and may be he was reminding me by saying off 'Sardarji Barah Baj Gaye'.

What we all are doing to these great Saints and Soldiers ? Instead of thanking and learning from them we all are making fun of ourselves by indulging in such silly/petty acts of violence.

Earlier the Sikh youth appeared as a Terrorist but now I could see the reflection of a real person in him.

actually it was a mistake, my third roommate who wanted to have fun came and told me that this guy called Gurudwara a bad place(i dont want to say what)... but later I came to know.. that He didnt ant it was a lie and he was basically joking with me and teling me to goto that place and was not relating it with the Gurudwara. I didnt listen and I beat him up, but this third roommate wanted to have the masala.. so he made us fight.

Well, I forgave the guy i beat and he forgave me too.. and we are back frieds.. but this guy who lied will get punished in the court of lord :D

also i am not going to raise my voice again if someone makes insulting commentso n Guru sahib or religion. Its not right, my conscience doesnt make me feel good after i get angry or i do something bad. we should just ask Guru sahib to bless them and give them some mat(gyan , knowledge of understanding)

Sukhasingh is wrong and he is only quoting sant jarnail singh in that, I think if I am right, but not sure

actually it was a mistake, my third roommate who wanted to have fun came and told me that this guy called Gurudwara a bad place(i dont want to say what)... but later I came to know.. that He didnt ant it was a lie and he was basically joking with me and teling me to goto that place and was not relating it with the Gurudwara. I didnt listen and I beat him up, but this third roommate wanted to have the masala.. so he made us fight.

Well, I forgave the guy i beat and he forgave me too.. and we are back frieds.. but this guy who lied will get punished in the court of lord :D

also i am not going to raise my voice again if someone makes insulting commentso n Guru sahib or religion. Its not right, my conscience doesnt make me feel good after i get angry or i do something bad. we should just ask Guru sahib to bless them and give them some mat(gyan , knowledge of understanding)

Sukhasingh is wrong and he is only quoting sant jarnail singh in that, I think if I am right, but not sure

Thats it... Here we should learn .. Reacting without realizing/analyzing.. is no sense. I am prou of IDEAL SINGH... you were absoutely me ,mate. This is the root of problem.. Some C say to A that B has said something bad abut his religion.. (which B hasn't), But A is so emotional that.. he can't control the anger.. and do harm to B... in reverse B do the same to A. and This selfish C enjoys.. Who is this C.. what is his religion? Selfishness is his religion.... Thats it.. and rest of us like emotional fool fell pray... to these selfish Cs. Religion is not abouth fighting with each other... religion teaches you Love... Respect.. if you can't control your emotions, your anger.. how can you sever the almighty.. how can u accept his power??? Thanks a lot JJJ Veer.. for sharing your experience and wmotions with us.. and giving us a Chance to learn a great lesson of life... And veere .. Remeber that.... If somebody say bad words to you (or to ur religion) would not make you (or ur religion.. bad)... you are not that weak... Ignore them till the time they harm you physically.. Protacing yourself and the one who can't protact themselves is what Religion teaches us..

Regards

Well, Ihope you learnt a valuable lesson from this jjj; don't believe in sh*t stirrers and don't jump to conclusions.

Make your you get your information straight before beating someone up again.

I think you should be very wary of people who do chuglia and make trouble.You should both confront this guy who wanted you two to fight.See how bad people can make you do bad things.Beware of these kinds of people.

jjj

props to you. dont listen to what all these deep-thinkers are saying (even though their right). if he touched ur kesh he deserved a good beating. beat up anyone and anything that dishonours sikhi.......thats the best way 2 get the message home :)

i didnt quite get ur story and cudnt b bothered 2 read it again :oops: bt eitha way........howd u beat him up....did u just smack him in the face a few times or did u do something skillful (elbows shins etc)? did u boot his hed when he was on the floor? theres nutin more satisfying than that lol

Khalsa Soulja, I was in the kitchen and had just returned from the Gurudwara and I was jokin with my roommate calling him "kashmiri kuta"(kashmiri dog), becoz he never cleans up his kitchen and is very dirty and in the meantime he was joking with me saying that I should stop going to the Gurudwara, since I am not learning good things. Later he went to his room and I was not able to hear him. The third person C standing mid-way said to me that he called the Gurudwara a prostitute center and it made me really angry and I went in the room and I slapped him first hard and then caught him by th eneck and threw him on the floor.. the room lamp smashed against him and broke and i punched him, he caught my beard two times and tried to catch my kesh , jura and I lost my kangha even, later I caught his neck and squeezed all my power into it and he was terrified. .... later I left him.

After a few hours I came to know that he only jokingly said "Instead of going to the Gurudwara u should goto prostitute center." This guy is kashmiri muslim and they keep saying such bad things... ... but then i dont care anyone who says anything to me,, but I thought he said something about gurudwara which he didnt.

I even in the past got real mad at someone who was making fun of the 'fateh' when I use to bring them langar.

In anycase I am not gonna get mad now on these things if anyone insults my religion. Regarding catching my beard and kesh.... I listenned to Jap Ji Sahib during nitnem.... and then... I felt it is just wrong to beat up this guy even for that.. and i forgave him.

After the beating he started reading namaaz and is reading now also.

KhalsaSoulja; you're advice to jjj is lacking in maturity and Sikhi.

It's pretty clear by the number of posts, jjj, you're shocked by what you did, which is a good start!

I advise reading Sri Sukhmani Sahib, slowly and carefully (God knows I should 24/7), especially the sections on brahmgyanis and then think about how you can apologise properly to the bloke. Krodh is your mortal enemy, and needs to be beaten twice as hard as anyone who slanders your beliefs.

Sure, jjj, I've been told the same, but that doesn't mean I give in and say 'yep, it's my genes, off I go'. We all have our own flaws. It's whether we let our egos use it as an excuse for apathy. We both now it's easier not to have to tackle it and pretend it's gone away, or constantly make new promises to Waheguru, than to actually wake up and deal with it.

Guest BikramjitSingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji KI Fateh

JJJ

I'm proud of you man !. Balle Shera !

Gotta agree with Khalsa Soulja and Steel Bangle.

I think you are trying too hard to over analyse your actions. The fact is if anyone says to me to go to a prostitute instead of a Gurdwara then they would get the same response as you gave that idiot. The fact is that many Muslims and Hindus try and mask their criticism of Sikhi by trying to say 'it was a joke yaar'. You can bet your bottom dollar that Kashmiri won't try his humour on another Sikh. Probably increased his respect for Sikhs as well !. If there were more Sikhs like you there wouldn't be many 'sardarji' jokes around.

Ideal Singh

You story is o.k. in an ideal world pun intended but I'll give you another. A few years ago a cable channel in Bombay ran some jokes about Sikhs. The Sikhs were outraged and marched to the studio and smashed the place up. A couple of the monkey technicians were also beaten up. What was the outcome, the cable station made a full apology and promised not to do any more of their 'it's a joke yaar' programmes.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

it wud have been a different matter if u had known he didnt really say it beforehand.

the fact that he would go as far as touching your kesh in a fight shows he has no respect for sikhi at all, and thus deserved the beating!

had he taken the clattering like a man or fought back cleanly then you should really really be sorry.......but for pulling your dhari......i would have kraked his skull......

had he taken the clattering like a man or fought back cleanly then you should really really be sorry.......but for pulling your dhari......i would have kraked his skull......

Yea, I got real mad on the part when he touched my dhari. That was what drove me real mad and then after that he tried to put his hand on my jura.. which drove me so crazy that I waned to kill him then and there, I even had my kirpan, but I had full control over it and I knew that it was not the time to use the kirpan and I am glad for it. But I will not tolerate anyone who will try to spoil the Guru Ji type of image (Kesh and Dhari).

Guest BikramjitSingh

Yea, I got real mad on the part when he touched my dhari. That was what drove me real mad and then after that he tried to put his hand on my jura.. which drove me so crazy that I waned to kill him then and there, I even had my kirpan, but I had full control over it and I knew that it was not the time to use the kirpan and I am glad for it. But I will not tolerate anyone who will try to spoil the Guru Ji type of image (Kesh and Dhari).

JJJ

Don't worry about it too much. You did good in my book. He'll respect you more now.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji KI Fateh

JJJ

I'm proud of you man !. Balle Shera !

Gotta agree with Khalsa Soulja and Steel Bangle.

I think you are trying too hard to over analyse your actions. The fact is if anyone says to me to go to a prostitute instead of a Gurdwara then they would get the same response as you gave that idiot. The fact is that many Muslims and Hindus try and mask their criticism of Sikhi by trying to say 'it was a joke yaar'. You can bet your bottom dollar that Kashmiri won't try his humour on another Sikh. Probably increased his respect for Sikhs as well !. If there were more Sikhs like you there wouldn't be many 'sardarji' jokes around.

Ideal Singh

You story is o.k. in an ideal world pun intended but I'll give you another. A few years ago a cable channel in Bombay ran some jokes about Sikhs. The Sikhs were outraged and marched to the studio and smashed the place up. A couple of the monkey technicians were also beaten up. What was the outcome, the cable station made a full apology and promised not to do any more of their 'it's a joke yaar' programmes.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

JJJ

Don't worry about it too much. You did good in my book. He'll respect you more now.

GurFateh

Yeah... I kind of somewhat agree with you when the cause is big enough like continuously dipicting Sikhz as jokers on a silver screen coz there the audience is world wide... But the fact of the matter is that: Have the cable channelz really stopped dipicting Sikhz as jokerz ? No, I dont think so... Serialz like Jassi Jaisa Koyee nahi & many more continue to be aired... but then so what?

But I am focussing on petty scuffles like being narrated by "jjj" where the outcome is nothing to boost off other then just being a laughing stock for onlookerz... "jjj" is specifying about his friend touching his dara and kesh but when a scuffle starts everything is possible while fighitng... Can you expect from other person while fighitng that he would not hurt you where you would feel even more irritated... ? I dont think so... this is just trying to justify your act of fighitng...

Well, Letz take a simple example, What if "B" does not react to what filth "A" showers on "B"? "A" would sooner or later stop behaving that way as he would realise that he is simply making an idiot of himself coz nobody is responding to his stupidity...

But, on the other hand, if "A" realises that by showering some ill directed insults, in the name of Religion in this case, the EGO of "B" can be easily aroused, irritated, agitated, angered and "B" can be easily used to promote commotion as happend with "jjj", then "A" would definitely indulge in more spit spatting to irritate "B"... Just give it a thought... Just dont get irritated to what otherz shout ? Aarrae bhai ohdae kole vee tae freedom of expression hae kae nahi? Pavaen oh ess noon misuse kar rehae hae pur eh osdee samaj hae... oss noon jo tarbiyat milli hae, oh onna ku hee soch sakdaa hae naa... kae nahi...? "A" has also got the freedom of expression or not? Although he is missusing it but thatz his level of understanding... He can think only to the extanct to what was his upbringing. Most likely the other person would stop indulging in such a activity...

Dont you think every Religion/Faith askz itz followerz to reach a IDEAL state of mind... Now, if the followers tend to deviate from the path defined, that would bring bad name to the Religion... I wonder, by bullying around, what kind of respect you are seeking or breeding for Sikhi...? A respect earned by Region of Terror... thatz of no use to anybody... In my perception, the 3rd rule of Newton... "that for every action their is an equal and oppsosite Reaction" should never be applied to any Religion... coz Hatred breedz Hatred... Rather "Mann Nivaan, Matt Uchee" should be the Motto of any follower of any Religion... coz Love breedz Love...

My perception may seem be too IDEAListic... but: Is there any other way around to breed Communal Harmony... ofcourse besides Buying a Island... (just kidding !)

A Humble Thought

BCM

mate.. don't u think that.. u slapped him first... and harm him.. and than only, to protect himself or to retaliate. he done that act. Anyway, I appriciate your gesture afterwards and the fact that u r friend again... bro.. I rerquest you, I urge you.. not to listen/follow the advices of some friends here who justify the beating/fighting... They don't understand.. what does it mean. they don't realize the situation you are in... The situation in India is way way different..than the place they might be living in. They can't imagine the situation in which people of different religions live together in a house... and still they enjoy.. and of course they fight too... its just natural... You are absloutely right... When u are concern about controlling the anger... This will make you a better person... I am proud of you... I hope matter is solved between u and ur friend.. just have few words with him and.. be cool and happy!!!!

Dont you think every Religion/Faith askz itz followerz to reach a IDEAL state of mind... Now, if the followers tend to deviate from the path defined, that would bring bad name to the Religion... I wonder, by bullying around, what kind of respect you are seeking or breeding for Sikhi...? A respect earned by Region of Terror... thatz of no use to anybody... In my perception, the 3rd rule of Newton... "that for every action their is an equal and oppsosite Reaction" should never be applied to any Religion... coz Hatred breedz Hatred... Rather "Mann Nivaan, Matt Uchee" should be the Motto of any follower of any Religion... coz Love breedz Love...

My perception may seem be too IDEAListic... but: Is there any other way around to breed Communal Harmony... ofcourse besides Buying a Island... (just kidding !)

A Humble Thought

BCM

Golden Words Mate. Golden Words!! :bow:

Idont support beating/fighting, but I can tell you sure that guy is never gonna make an insult against sikhi to any other sikh in his life or is he ever gonna try to catch someone's beard.

In the past also one guy was making fun of the "fateh bola" and I scolded and fought with hm so much, not beating thoug.. but i can tell that he is never gonna make fun of sikhs again in his entire life !

Guest BikramjitSingh

Idont support beating/fighting, but I can tell you sure that guy is never gonna make an insult against sikhi to any other sikh in his life or is he ever gonna try to catch someone's beard.

In the past also one guy was making fun of the "fateh bola" and I scolded and fought with hm so much, not beating thoug.. but i can tell that he is never gonna make fun of sikhs again in his entire life !

JJJ

So that's two people who you have reformed ( sudhar keeta ). Unfortunately you'll always get wishy washy Sikhs here who are probably to scared to stand up against insults to Sikhi themselves so they try and give you the same advice. What these people don't understand is that sometimes you need to crack a few heads to make these people realise that Sikhs aren't the same jokers in real life as the one's portrayed by bollywood.

Even a decade ago these Hindu and Muslim jokers would never have tried to make fun of Sikhi but bollywood has brain washed them into thinking that Sikhs will take any insult. You gave that guy a much needed reality check !

Like I wrote before, I'm proud of you man. If only there were more Sikhs like you. I'd much rather have one Sikh like you or Khalsa Soulja or Steel bangle on my side in a fight than a hundred Sardus and Ideal Singhs.

GurFateh

Bikramjit