Actually we are supposed to greet other Sikhs with

1 "Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fateh". Kindly tell it's meaning, history etc.

2 And the gurmantra  "Waheguru"  means  wahe( Hindi word "waah" meaning wonderful/ great with emotion of "vismad", )

Guru refer to guru , so when we supposed to chant/medidate on waheguru we need to think like "guru you are great and remember his virtues" .

Am I correct?

Thanks

3 hours ago, HARMEET SINGH CHUGGA said:

Actually we are supposed to greet other Sikhs with

1 "Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fateh". Kindly tell it's meaning, history etc.

2 And the gurmantra  "Waheguru"  means  wahe( Hindi word "waah" meaning wonderful/ great with emotion of "vismad", )

Guru refer to guru , so when we supposed to chant/medidate on waheguru we need to think like "guru you are great and remember his virtues" .

Am I correct?

Thanks

I'll have to answer in pieces based on time. But. 

Vaheguru is Naam. It does sound like those root words but it's actually a proper noun and it's roots are in the Mantars of the four yughs. 

Va Vishnu, the mantar not devte. 

He Har

Gu Gobind 

Ru Ram, the mantar not devte. 

It refers to God. The Guru Sahiban are reflections of the Jot. And thus earn that title in service to Vaheguru. They are not Vaheguru. They are however 1 with, and indistinguishable from Vaheguru. As Vaheguru is the touchstone that makes other Satguru who can make other Satguru. 

As much as the double entendre exists I'd be careful emphasising it but just accept the warm fuzzy almost praising the Guru Sahiban gives us. 

That Gurfateh was given by Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj at Vaisakhi 1699 at the unveiling of Khalsa Paanth. 

Previously Guru Nanak Dev Ji issued the Sat Sri Akal Gurbar Akal at mecca, before shaking up the box of rocks and leaving the pagans bowing to his charan instead of kill him. A unique occurrence in the history of the tyranical sick warlordism that is islam. 

Oh the Gurfateh means loosely 

A few ways ..

All the pure belong to the 1, all victory belongs to the 1. 

Or, Perfectly Amazing is the TeacherGod. The pure belong to H1m. Perfectly Amazing is the TeacherGod, all victory belongs to H1m. 

Something along those lines. 

Also if you greet a Sikh this way and they do not return the greeting they are not a Sikh of the Guru Sahiban. 

And when we do Gurmantar there is an element of praise surely. But also of surrender to entirely. Also invoking. Also connecting or calling upon. 

Try this little experiment?

Sit for a moment. Say Vaheguru a few times as you breath out. 

Ask yourself, What's something that worries me? And when you do, notice the clutch in your belly and chest. Feel the strain in your face and eyes, head. Now stay with that feeling in your gut, and as you stay aware of it, say Vaheguru, and as you do surrender your whole body, head and that feeling to Vaheguru, and keep breathing Vaheguru and letting go more ...and more ...and more. 

Now how does your belly feel? Did the energy move? When you surrendered entirely and said Vaheguru did it not leave?

Now repeat all day every day and instead of clutching or forcing to accomlish, release to Vaheguru and watch things get done for you. 

15 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Vaheguru is Naam. It does sound like those root words but it's actually a proper noun and it's roots are in the Mantars of the four yughs. 

Va Vishnu, the mantar not devte. 

He Har

Gu Gobind 

Ru Ram, the mantar not devte. 

It refers to God.

1 )  i just remembered that I read this in Gurdas ji vaars,

2) and we do believe that our time of death is fixed , right ?

Because "sampat Saha likhaya " sohela ?

19 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

And when we do Gurmantar there is an element of praise surely. But also of surrender to entirely. Also invoking. Also connecting or calling upon. 

Try this little experiment?

Sit for a moment. Say Vaheguru a few times as you breath out. 

Ask yourself, What's something that worries me? And when you do, notice the clutch in your belly and chest. Feel the strain in your face and eyes, head. Now stay with that feeling in your gut, and as you stay aware of it, say Vaheguru, and as you do surrender your whole body, head and that feeling to Vaheguru, and keep breathing Vaheguru and letting go more ...and more ...and more. 

Now how does your belly feel? Did the energy move? When you surrendered entirely and said Vaheguru did it not leave?

Now repeat all day every day and instead of clutching or forcing to accomlish, release to Vaheguru and watch things get done for you. 

Quoting to grab ur attention, to see above comment.

21 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Then discuss more. I'd love that. Just busy so my answers been brief. 

I) i quess this discussion will also act as virtual sangat kinda thing,help in staying connected with gurbani 24*7

2) kindly use / quote Sikh literature because many explains waheguru as compund world but as gurdas ji has gurdas ji has used the word waheguru first time in his writing and that too as proper noun . It's obvious to go with gurdas ji writting .also i think teeka of prof sahib should be taken as base because he wrote gurbani viyakaran .

Kindly correct if wrong

51 minutes ago, HARMEET SINGH CHUGGA said:

I) i quess this discussion will also act as virtual sangat kinda thing,help in staying connected with gurbani 24*7

2) kindly use / quote Sikh literature because many explains waheguru as compund world but as gurdas ji has gurdas ji has used the word waheguru first time in his writing and that too as proper noun . It's obvious to go with gurdas ji writting .also i think teeka of prof sahib should be taken as base because he wrote gurbani viyakaran .

Kindly correct if wrong

I haven't read Gurbani Viyakaran. It sounds excellent. 

On 9/16/2022 at 2:37 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

Wow how did I miss that?

Yes. Some say moment, some say number of breaths etc. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaL4E-1AXGg/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Now this video also opens question like does the video means

A) the time of death fixed before birth , as this is popular among Hindus ,

or

b ) someone tries to commit suicide and at the very same time God writes "farman" of his death and hence " dhur likhya farmana firha nahi " .

?

2 minutes ago, HARMEET SINGH CHUGGA said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaL4E-1AXGg/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Now this video also opens question like does the video means

A) the time of death fixed before birth , as this is popular among Hindus ,

or

b ) someone tries to commit suicide and at the very same time God writes "farman" of his death and hence " dhur likhya farmana firha nahi " .

?

I have heard something like time place and reason for the death is fixed before birth

On 9/15/2022 at 7:15 PM, HARMEET SINGH CHUGGA said:

1 )  i just remembered that I read this in Gurdas ji vaars,

2) and we do believe that our time of death is fixed , right ?

Because "sampat Saha likhaya " sohela ?

The fruit of death being ordained is one no longer fears, avoids, struggles, judges or has aversions to it. Embracing that with your Naam Jaap is part of getting Mukte and being able to function as a Gurmukh, Sevadar, Shaheed. 

On 9/24/2022 at 2:26 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

The fruit of death being ordained is one no longer fears, avoids, struggles, judges or has aversions to it. Embracing that with your Naam Jaap is part of getting Mukte and being able to function as a Gurmukh, Sevadar, Shaheed. 

may you please tell the meaning of "ekonkar  satgurprasad"

also kindly quote the explanation source if possible ?